Author Topic: What is this gun?  (Read 1193 times)

freakazoid

• friend
What is this gun?
« on: May 05, 2008, 07:00:45 PM »
I was looking around at the pictures from Mr. Volks other site and saw these, the ones at the bottom, http://www.olegvolk.net/gallery/technology/arms/uniqueguns/ and was wondering if anybody knew what it is?

edit - lol, fixed the images,  laugh d'oh
"so I ended up getting the above because I didn't want to make a whole production of sticking something between my knees and cranking. To me, the cranking on mine is pretty effortless, at least on the coarse setting. Maybe if someone has arthritis or something, it would be more difficult for them." - Ben

"I see a rager at least once a week." - brimic

Manedwolf

• friend
Re: What is this gun?
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2008, 07:03:43 PM »
Which one?

freakazoid

• friend
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2008, 07:10:32 PM »
Fixed the image links, Cheesy
"so I ended up getting the above because I didn't want to make a whole production of sticking something between my knees and cranking. To me, the cranking on mine is pretty effortless, at least on the coarse setting. Maybe if someone has arthritis or something, it would be more difficult for them." - Ben

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2008, 07:21:36 PM »
9mm M-21 submachine gun by Dave Boatman was a very close copy of the Ares FMG submachine gun. Shown here in its folded configuration, M-21 is disguised as a portable radio set of the time (mid-1980s)

http://world.guns.ru/smg/smg70-e.htm

I was only able to dig that up, because I remembered this thread. 
http://www.armedpolitesociety.com/index.php?topic=10870.msg189018#msg189018
Thanks, Strings.   smiley
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

freakazoid

• friend
« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2008, 07:52:34 PM »
Thanks, Smiley

lol, the pictures say that the images were provided by Oleg Volk. So since it was made before 1986 that means that it would be legal to own right? Wonder how many of those where made. I bet they cost a lot.

The Annoyed Man

« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2008, 10:14:48 PM »
Expensive? Oh, I'd wager so: not sure they EVER went into any serious production.

MagPul recently prototyped a copy, utilizing a Glock action. To be honest, if they started producing it, I'd be tempted to swith to Gock for a carry piece (with the FMG kept nearby as a carbine)