Author Topic: What is this weapon?  (Read 2078 times)

cassandra and sara's daddy

• friends
What is this weapon?
« on: March 10, 2015, 06:57:00 PM »
So I can cram this post up a friends rear

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

by someone older and wiser than I

TommyGunn

• friend
  • Stuck in full auto since birth.
Re: What is this weapon?
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2015, 07:20:54 PM »
Some type of tube-launched anti-tank weapon, it looks like.

Isis got a LOT of American stuff that we left the Iraqis when they ran away in the initial confrontation.
Other stuff has been sold and resold through the underground blackmarkets who knows how they got it, and that includes Soviet, NATO, Southeast Asian and American stuff.
MOLON LABE   "Through ignorance of what is good and what is bad, the life of men is greatly perplexed." ~~ Cicero

cordex

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2015, 07:42:29 PM »
9M14 or 9K11 Malyutka?

cordex

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2015, 07:46:52 PM »
Yeah, definitely something in that series or a clone.

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2015, 07:54:30 PM »
9M14 or 9K11 Malyutka?

So, not 'Murican.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

41magsnub

• friend
  • Don't make me assume my ultimate form!
« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2015, 07:56:01 PM »
That was my first thought.  It was screaming sagger at me.  Must have pulled it off the top of a BMP or something.  Definitely Russian anyway.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2015, 08:04:14 PM by 41magsnub »

cordex

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2015, 08:12:23 PM »
So, not 'Murican.
As American as мать and lemon pie.

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #7 on: March 10, 2015, 08:35:01 PM »
Obviously that is one of these M855 armor piercing cop and baby killer bullets the ATF is trying so hard to ban to protect the children.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #8 on: March 10, 2015, 08:36:04 PM »
Obviously that is one of these M855 armor piercing cop and baby killer bullets the ATF is trying so hard to ban to protect the children.

Obviously.  It has a green tip.
""If you elect me, your taxes are going to be raised, not cut."
                         - master strategist Joe Biden

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #9 on: March 10, 2015, 09:14:56 PM »
Some type of tube-launched anti-tank weapon, it looks like.

Isis got a LOT of American stuff that we left the Iraqis when they ran away in the initial confrontation.
Other stuff has been sold and resold through the underground blackmarkets who knows how they got it, and that includes Soviet, NATO, Southeast Asian and American stuff.
I have heard some say the reason a bunch of CIA people were in Benghazi was Obama Admin supplying weapons to Muslim Brotherhood. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

birdman

• friend
« Reply #10 on: March 10, 2015, 09:48:04 PM »
Early model AT-3 (9M14).  Early because it doesn't have the standoff probe of its successors.

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
« Reply #11 on: March 10, 2015, 09:50:19 PM »
That was my first thought.  It was screaming sagger at me.  Must have pulled it off the top of a BMP or something.  Definitely Russian anyway.

Yep, mine to.  I was ready to initiate a Sagger dance when I first saw the photo.   It may be a more recent version, but it's definitely Ruskie.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/9M14_Malyutka#mediaviewer/File:BMP-1_AP_2.jpg
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

Andiron

• friend
« Reply #12 on: March 10, 2015, 10:04:05 PM »
Definitely an AK 47 assault rifle*.

What?  that's what the journalist's field handbook-guide-thingy to weapons identification said it was!

*held by some type of masked simian.
"Leftism destroys everything good." -  Ron

There is no fixing stupid. But, you can line it up in front of a wall and offer it a last smoke.

There is no such thing as a "transgender" person.  Only mental illness that should be discouraged.

wmenorr67

• friend
« Reply #13 on: March 11, 2015, 06:48:09 AM »
But it can't be evil because it isn't black, it doesn't have that thingy that goes up in the back, nor a bayonet lug.
There are five things, above all else, that make life worth living: a good relationship with God, a good woman, good health, good friends, and a good cigar.

Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American Soldier.  One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Bacon is the candy bar of meats!

Only the dead have seen the end of war!

cassandra and sara's daddy

• friends
« Reply #14 on: March 11, 2015, 07:45:16 AM »
Thanks the reike massage weapons expert has been so informed

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

by someone older and wiser than I

RevDisk

• friend
    • RevDisk.net
« Reply #15 on: March 11, 2015, 08:52:48 AM »
Also, Iraq has been a proscribed country under ITAR since September 13, 1990. No US company can ship them weapons, provide defense services or transfer advanced technology. They're also restricted under EAR, so even shipping them a MacBook could get you in legal hot water.
http://www.pmddtc.state.gov/embargoed_countries/
http://www.bis.doc.gov/index.php/forms-documents/doc_view/14-commerce-country-chart

In addition, Islamic State of Iraq and the Levant (formerly al-Qa'ida in Iraq) has been a designated terrorist group by the State Department since 12/17/2004.
http://www.state.gov/j/ct/rls/other/des/123085.htm

In addition, they are subject to OFAC sanctions as Special Designated Nationals (SDN) for being a Foreign Terrorist Organization (FTO) and Foreign Sanctions Evaders, Anti-terrorism​ (SDGT).
https://sdnsearch.ofac.treas.gov/Details.aspx?id=1630

So anyone other than the US government transferring weapons to Iraq in general, and ISIS in particular, would be breaking a minimum of three sets of laws. And no bank would take their money, so you'd be selling the weapons for free. And trust me, banks are more than happy to seize assets on behalf of OFAC. It usually just sits on their books until they're removed from the OFAC lists, which can be "never".
"Rev, your picture is in my King James Bible, where Paul talks about "inventors of evil."  Yes, I know you'll take that as a compliment."  - Fistful, possibly highest compliment I've ever received.