Author Topic: What is the @!#!& cost of a First Class stamp?  (Read 2924 times)

Manedwolf

• friend
Re: What is the @!#!& cost of a First Class stamp?
« Reply #25 on: May 04, 2007, 09:15:05 AM »
emailed Acrobat PDF of the same, one click, other side of the world in a few seconds, cost in pennies.

I can't even remember the last time I "mailed" anything in an envelope. Or bought a stamp.
Good point.

Sometimes, though, I want to send something that can't be emailed, such as a five dollar bill to a niece for her birthday.

Click-and-send giftcard for her favorite store, or a Visa Debit Card in that amount. Or just iTunes credits, they get an email notification.

mtnbkr

• friend
« Reply #26 on: May 04, 2007, 09:29:18 AM »
Quote from: Manedwolf
they get an email notification
Not.Everyone.Is.Wired. 

Chris

Manedwolf

• friend
« Reply #27 on: May 04, 2007, 09:44:39 AM »
Quote from: Manedwolf
they get an email notification
Not.Everyone.Is.Wired. 

Chris

I know. I just appreciate the convenience.

I also don't have time to stand in a line only open during working hours, to wait for a slow-moving unfireable civil servant to sell me stamps because the lowest-bidder stamp machine in the lobby is broken.

Silver Bullet

• friend
« Reply #28 on: May 04, 2007, 09:52:55 AM »
Click-and-send giftcard for her favorite store, or a Visa Debit Card in that amount. Or just iTunes credits, they get an email notification.
As mtnbkr pointed out, that assumes the other party is plugged in.

But, even then, sometimes it's nicer to get something more personal.  Maybe I want to send a birthday card with a handwritten note.  Maybe I want to send a nephew a baseball card or a collector coin. 

You ever receive a scanned image of a 1898 silver dollar ?  Not the same thing as getting the genuine article.  You can tell the difference when you lay them side by side.  The scanned image is a lot flatter.   grin

slzy

• friend
« Reply #29 on: May 05, 2007, 02:54:38 PM »
go to postal reporter or postal employee network,the people that work there are far more scathing than the general public.