Author Topic: The US sent bomb-sniffing dogs to Jordan. Now they're dying from poor treatment  (Read 864 times)

MechAg94

• friend
https://amp.cnn.com/cnn/2019/09/16/us/jordan-dog-death-intl-hnk-scli/index.html?__twitter_impression=true

I imagine a little of this is overblown, but not all of it.  Looks like it is based on the IG report below which I haven't gone through.  Otherwise, looks like some of the handlers don't care or pawn off the work to other who care even less.  

The reason I wonder if some of it was overblown is they said 10 of 61 dogs had died in 8 years.  I don't know if that is unusual.  Certainly some of the deaths were preventable and unnecessary. 

https://www.oversight.gov/sites/default/files/oig-reports/ESP-19-06.pdf
« Last Edit: September 16, 2019, 02:30:35 PM by MechAg94 »
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

HeroHog

• Technical Site Pig
  • Administrator
  • It can ALWAYS get worse!
    • FaceButt Profile
Data point: Moslums do NOT like dogs. May or may not be relevant.
I might not last very long or be very effective but I'll be a real pain in the ass for a minute!
MOLON LABE!

dogmush

• friend
Point 1: it's worse than that report shows.

Point 2: the expensive dogs from the US are actually treated better than the lower enlisted humans in the Jordanian armed forces.

Point 3: If, at this point, we cut off the supply of sniffing dogs because the "Jordanians aren't good enough to take care of our dogs" we will loose a decent strategic partner and a lot of logistics capabilities in the region, as well as a large port on the Red Sea.  A halfassed glance at a map will make it obvious why ports on the Red Sea are important to us.

What are you going to do?

Someone needs to tell US liberals that this is what "Diverse Culture" looks like.

Andiron

• friend
https://amp.cnn.com/cnn/2019/09/16/us/jordan-dog-death-intl-hnk-scli/index.html?__twitter_impression=true

I imagine a little of this is overblown, but not all of it.  Looks like it is based on the IG report below which I haven't gone through.  Otherwise, looks like some of the handlers don't care or pawn off the work to other who care even less.  

The reason I wonder if some of it was overblown is they said 10 of 61 dogs had died in 8 years.  I don't know if that is unusual.  Certainly some of the deaths were preventable and unnecessary. 

https://www.oversight.gov/sites/default/files/oig-reports/ESP-19-06.pdf

Welcome to the vibrant and diverse ME.

"Leftism destroys everything good." -  Ron

There is no fixing stupid. But, you can line it up in front of a wall and offer it a last smoke.

There is no such thing as a "transgender" person.  Only mental illness that should be discouraged.

BobR

• Just a pup compared to a few old dogs here!
  • friend
I guess it is time to dump a pot full of money and send some US type dog handlers TAD (TDY for you non-sea service) to the diverse ME for a few years. ;)

bob

RoadKingLarry

• friends
Can we train pigs to sniff out drugs and bombs?
 :rofl:
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

HeroHog

• Technical Site Pig
  • Administrator
    • FaceButt Profile
Can we train pigs to sniff out drugs and bombs?
 :rofl:

YES! They are smarter than dogs and have very sensitive senses of smell! In fact, it has been done.
I might not last very long or be very effective but I'll be a real pain in the ass for a minute!
MOLON LABE!

HeroHog

• Technical Site Pig
  • Administrator
    • FaceButt Profile
MOLON LABE!

MechAg94

• friend
Bomb sniffing pigs would be awesome.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
Point 1: it's worse than that report shows.

Point 2: the expensive dogs from the US are actually treated better than the lower enlisted humans in the Jordanian armed forces.

Point 3: If, at this point, we cut off the supply of sniffing dogs because the "Jordanians aren't good enough to take care of our dogs" we will loose a decent strategic partner and a lot of logistics capabilities in the region, as well as a large port on the Red Sea.  A halfassed glance at a map will make it obvious why ports on the Red Sea are important to us.

What are you going to do?

Someone needs to tell US liberals that this is what "Diverse Culture" looks like.

Excellent post.

Americans think their confused, muddled and perverted value system is universal.

Im conflicted of course because im an American and a fan of dogs.

For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

Fly320s

• friend
  • Formerly, Arthur, King of the Britons
All of the equipment we send to the M.E. gets abused.  Planes, tanks, bombs, dogs, etc.  No one takes care of loaner equipment, so we shouldn't expect any different for the dogs.
Islamic sex dolls.  Do they blow themselves up?

MechAg94

• friend
All of the equipment we send to the M.E. gets abused.  Planes, tanks, bombs, dogs, etc.  No one takes care of loaner equipment, so we shouldn't expect any different for the dogs.
From what I have heard, they may not take care of their own equipment very well.