Author Topic: Census worker rapes woman  (Read 1783 times)

AZRedhawk44

• friends
Census worker rapes woman
« on: May 12, 2010, 11:31:59 AM »
http://www.fox59.com/news/wxin-women-raped-by-census-worker-051110,0,3578244.story

Pekin, Ind. - A man claiming to be a U.S. Census worker has been charged with rape and burglary, after two women in southern Indiana claim they were attacked. One of the victims was a 21 year-old physically handicapped woman.

The attack occurred Saturday morning in Pekin, Indiana in Washington County.

Police said the man broke in while a mother and daughter slept and attacked them. According to investigators, the mother had taken a mild sleeping pill. The man, identified as 39 year-old Daniel Miller, was arrested following the incident. He said he worked for the government.

Four days before the attack, neighbors in the area say they saw Miller in the area on census business. The victim told police Miller had asked about their census information. She said they had already submitted the form. She also told police that Miller stuck around and tried to get more details.

"It's unbelievable that somebody could do something like that and not have a conscious and worry about it," said resident Debbie Bishop.

Miller's apartment is located right across the road from a middle school. When a news crew knocked on the door of his apartment, another man answered. He did not want to go on camera or be identified, however, he did say Miller had two daughters of his own.

Miller was taken to the Washington County Detention Center, held on a $150,000 bond. According to the U.S. Census Bureau, he had been with the agency for two weeks.

There are about 635,000 U.S. Census workers currently going door to door counting Americans who did not return their surveys. They will carry white badges with blue writing. The badges do not have photos. Census workers should also be carrying black canvas shoulder bags and brochures printed in 51 languages. If asked, the census takers are supposed to give you a supervisor's number to call.

Um... what does this have to do with the story?

The guy was a LEGITIMATE census worker.  the question here isn't "how to determine if a fake census worker is a door-to-door-rapist."  It's "how to determine if the REAL census worker is a door-to-door-rapist."

Ladies of America, please do feel free to make acquaintance with any of the fine firearms products made by Smith and Wesson, Ruger, Walther, Kahr, Kel-Tec, Beretta or a host of other manufacturers, and mop this $#!+ off the street if/when it comes your way.

Don't look for "white badges with blue writing" or black canvas tote bags with fliers in 51 languages.

Just look for some guy forcing his way into your house (white badge or not) and give him a 1000fps lead injection, until he stops.

What a stupid article.

But I'm glad we have a way to talk to this guy's supervisor (or other census rapists that might come along). ;/
"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain - that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist."
--Lysander Spooner

I reject your authoritah!

PTK

• friends
Re: Census worker rapes woman
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2010, 11:39:34 AM »
....sadly, I'm entirely unsurprised. :(
"Only lucky people grow old." - Frederick L.
September 1915 - August 2008

"If you really do have cancer "this time", then this is your own fault. Like the little boy who cried wolf."

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2010, 12:47:25 PM »
"It's unbelievable that somebody could do something like that and not have a conscious and worry about it," said resident Debbie Bishop.

It's unbelievable that the "journalist" doesn't know one word from another.

brochures printed in 51 languages

Great!  I will ask for one in Gàidhlig  :P

Chan eil Beurla agam.  A bheil Gàidhlig agad?   =D
Freedom is a heavy load, a great and strange burden for the spirit to undertake. It is not easy. It is not a gift given, but a choice made, and the choice may be a hard one. The road goes upward toward the light; but the laden traveller may never reach the end of it.  - Ursula Le Guin

Fjolnirsson

• friends
  • The Anti-Claus
« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2010, 01:13:43 PM »
There are about 635,000 U.S. Census workers currently going door to door counting Americans who did not return their surveys. They will carry white badges with blue writing. The badges do not have photos. Census workers should also be carrying black canvas shoulder bags and brochures printed in 51 languages. If asked, the census takers are supposed to give you a supervisor's number to call.

:O What? We couldn't snap a digital picture and make these folks badges? It isn't hard. I'm so sorry, now I wish I hadn't sent the **** form in, I would've had a lot of fun with someone trying to make me answer questions with no identification.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2010, 01:21:37 PM by Fjolnirsson »
Hi.

Boomhauer

• Former Moderator, fired for embezzlement and abuse of power
  • friends
« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2010, 01:45:47 PM »
Just look for some guy forcing his way into your house (white badge or not) and give him a 1000fps lead injection, until he stops.

Who wants to bet that the next Censurapist that comes along and gets shot dead will then be portrayed as a martyr by the Media, killed by those horrible racist *derogatory term deleted*?

(Don't get me wrong, shoot the Censurapist, but don't be suprised when the media kicks in)
« Last Edit: May 13, 2010, 02:06:21 AM by Avenger29 »
Quote from: Ben
Holy hell. It's like giving a loaded gun to a chimpanzee...

Quote from: bluestarlizzard
the last thing you need is rabies. You're already angry enough as it is.

OTOH, there wouldn't be a tweeker left in Georgia...

Quote from: Balog
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! AND THROW SOME STEAK ON THE GRILL!

myrockfight

« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2010, 04:05:07 PM »
:O What? We couldn't snap a digital picture and make these folks badges? It isn't hard. I'm so sorry, now I wish I hadn't sent the **** form in, I would've had a lot of fun with someone trying to make me answer questions with no identification.

Of course we can take digital pictures and add them to the ID. However, we are going to have to put through another piece of legislation to do so. Oh...we'll also have to retake the Census too. To do that and raise money to pay for the pictures, we are going to have to raise your taxes another 5% across the board. If you make more than $11,000 a year, we are going to add another 5% to 10% on a sliding scale with a positive correlation to your household income.

Any more complaints........Comrade??  :police:

red headed stranger

• friend
« Reply #6 on: May 12, 2010, 05:03:40 PM »
Who wants to be that the next Censurapist that comes along and gets shot dead will then be portrayed as a martyr by the Media, killed by those horrible racist *derogatory term deleted*?

(Don't get me wrong, shoot the Censurapist, but don't be suprised when the media kicks in)

I was thinking the same thing.  If they are at your door, you are already going to get portrayed one of those crazies that refused to fill out the form.  Obviously, anyone doing that must be a home-grown anti-government terrorist! 
Those who learn from history are doomed to watch others repeat it

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #7 on: May 12, 2010, 08:39:46 PM »
It's unbelievable that the "journalist" doesn't know one word from another.

No it isn't. It is entirely believable and predictable.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
« Reply #8 on: May 12, 2010, 08:46:49 PM »
No it isn't. It is entirely believable and predictable.

True, of course  =(

So how come an old redneck like me knows the difference?  ;/
Freedom is a heavy load, a great and strange burden for the spirit to undertake. It is not easy. It is not a gift given, but a choice made, and the choice may be a hard one. The road goes upward toward the light; but the laden traveller may never reach the end of it.  - Ursula Le Guin

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
  • ...shall not be allowed.
« Reply #9 on: May 13, 2010, 02:04:38 AM »
If asked, the census takers are supposed to give you a supervisor's number to call.

Oh, sure.  I'm going to call the number they provide to get verification.

Riiiight.

Hey, wait up, turnip truck driver!  I fell off!

Terry, 230RN
« Last Edit: May 13, 2010, 02:12:02 AM by 230RN »
WHATEVER YOUR DEFINITION OF "INFRINGE " IS, YOU SHOULDN'T BE DOING IT.

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #10 on: May 13, 2010, 02:37:46 AM »
Obviously, anyone doing that must be a home-grown anti-government terrorist! 

Is there any other kind?   ;/
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Zardozimo Oprah Bannedalas

• Webley Juggler
  • friend
  • All I got is a fistful of shekels
« Reply #11 on: May 13, 2010, 02:45:31 AM »
Is there any other kind?   ;/
There's also the home-schooled variety.

Firethorn

• friend
  • Where'd my explosive space modulator go?
« Reply #12 on: May 13, 2010, 09:14:23 AM »
A few thoughts on the article:

1.  The guy, at this point, is only a claimed census worker
2.  635k Employees:  Assuming they met the profile of the 'average' population, I'd expect to see ~34 Murders, 186 rapes, and 1744 assaults over the course of a year.

Basically, any time you pull that many people together you're going to have criminals.

That being said, census worker or not, you don't have to invite them into your home, just fill out the form and mail it in, then the census workers generally don't have a reason to come to your house.

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #13 on: May 13, 2010, 10:12:00 AM »
Quote from: Firethorn
The guy, at this point, is only a claimed census worker

From the article:

According to the U.S. Census Bureau, he had been with the agency for two weeks.

The Census Bureau is claiming him.

And yes, that big a group is going top have some criminals in it, but:

Quote from: Firethorn
just fill out the form and mail it in, then the census workers generally don't have a reason to come to your house.
Sounds a lot like the whole she was asking for it because of the short dress/pics on 'net/walking in bad neighborhood mentality.  Is that what you meant?

You are correct though, If one were to come to my house, they'd have their questions answered on the porch, with one of my hands behind my back.  But that's how I talk to everyone at my door from highschool candybar saleskids, to the repo guy with the wrong address.

Firethorn

• friend
  • Where'd my explosive space modulator go?
« Reply #14 on: May 13, 2010, 10:50:01 AM »
Sounds a lot like the whole she was asking for it because of the short dress/pics on 'net/walking in bad neighborhood mentality.  Is that what you meant?

No.  Sometimes it might get a bit confusing because while I place 100% of the liability on the criminal, realistically I say that the best way to prevent becoming a victim is to take some safety measures.

So given a situation like this, I tend to support punishing the criminal(specific prevention/correction), and suggesting safety measures for the victim(general prevention).

To say it again:  I don't blame the victim, but do believe in preventative measures.

You are correct though, If one were to come to my house, they'd have their questions answered on the porch, with one of my hands behind my back.  But that's how I talk to everyone at my door from highschool candybar saleskids, to the repo guy with the wrong address.

It takes a lot for me to let somebody in my house.

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #15 on: May 13, 2010, 10:57:03 AM »
I'm tracking now.  I thought I was reading that wrong, but wanted to check.

Prevention and Proper Prior Planning is a good thing.