Author Topic: Oh no he di'nt!  (Read 3153 times)

vaskidmark

• National Anthem Snob
  • friends
  • WTF?
Oh no he di'nt!
« on: November 24, 2011, 06:54:32 AM »
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/11/23/obama-turkey-pardons-bird_n_1109633.html?icid=maing-grid10%7Chtmlws-main-bb%7Cdl7%7Csec3_lnk3%7C115165

Watch at 1:54.  Did that bozo actually do a left-handed sign of the cross over a turkey?

Years ago the White House used to have a staffer called the Chief of Protocol (anybody remember the Goldie Hawn movie?) who was supposed to tell the Prez what was the "correct" thing to do and advise about the "incorrect" things.  Everything from not showing the soles of your feet/shoes to folks from certain regions to what to say in a toast, to what kind of gift to give a foreign head of state.  Well, we all know the Prez has failed each of the examples listed, as well as many more/

But the sign of the cross - and left-handed?  Heck, I'm not a Catholic and I'm offended!

stay safe.
If cowardly and dishonorable men sometimes shoot unarmed men with army pistols or guns, the evil must be prevented by the penitentiary and gallows, and not by a general deprivation of a constitutional privilege.

Hey you kids!! Get off my lawn!!!

They keep making this eternal vigilance thing harder and harder.  Protecting the 2nd amendment is like playing PACMAN - there's no pause button so you can go to the bathroom.

Fly320s

• friend
  • Formerly, Arthur, King of the Britons
Re: Oh no he di'nt!
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2011, 09:39:47 AM »
Is left-handed bad?  Is that considered anti-blessing our something?
Islamic sex dolls.  Do they blow themselves up?

Harold Tuttle

• Professor Chromedome
  • friend
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2011, 09:45:06 AM »
Yep, you either do it right or it's an abomination

I don't know what that hookum was, but it was not proper,
I await the president that lops the turkeys head with an axe.

I'm sure mt. Vernon doesn't need any more adult domestic turkeys.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2011, 09:51:08 AM by Harold Tuttle »
"The true mad scientist does not make public appearances! He does not wear the "Hello, my name is.." badge!
He strikes from below like a viper or on high like a penny dropped from the tallest building around!
He only has one purpose--Do bad things to good people! Mit science! What good is science if no one gets hurt?!"

MrsSmith

• I do declare, someone needs an ass whoopin'
  • friend
« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2011, 10:46:07 AM »
Skid, really hope you're being sarcastic here. Can't believe you, the Spock of APS, would be upset about the fail of something that could be considered little more than a superstition.
America is at that awkward stage; It's too late to work within the system, but too early to shoot the bastards. ~ Claire Wolfe

vaskidmark

• National Anthem Snob
  • friends
  • WTF?
« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2011, 02:53:01 PM »
Skid, really hope you're being sarcastic here. Can't believe you, the Spock of APS, would be upset about the fail of something that could be considered little more than a superstition.

Really not being sarcastic, but thanks for the appelation.

The idjit was kidding around about needing to "make some sort of jesture" and then probably started muttering under his breath "My father plays dominoes better that your father" (tell me you did not just chant that - I dare you to!)  as he did the majical hand wave.

It's not the utter fail of the superstition so much as it is frustration about the uter fail of the idjit not realizing at any level that he is about to/has just pissed off a few million Catholics and Russian/Greek/Lithuanian/etc-Orthodox fanatics thru jackassery.  In other words, while he is once again failing to be presidential - something I never expected him to be capable of - nobody in his entourage seems to a) care enough b) have the guts to c) gives a rip themselves to warn him he is about to commt jackassery (my new favoritist description).

Quite honestly I would be delighted if our next President was a dyed in the wool goat-f****ing devil worshiper who splashed the blood of virgins about while running around in the nude -- except for wondering where in the DC metro area he found a virgin to get blood from.  But the office is supposed to be an august one occupied by a person whose behavior is looked on around the world as modeling the American culture.  I'd tired of being portrayed as a bufoon.  I'm tired of the moron/maroon in the Oval Office who thinks almost everything that is not about him is a joke.  (Either that or I'm just a curmudgeon - take your pick.)

stay safe.
If cowardly and dishonorable men sometimes shoot unarmed men with army pistols or guns, the evil must be prevented by the penitentiary and gallows, and not by a general deprivation of a constitutional privilege.

Hey you kids!! Get off my lawn!!!

They keep making this eternal vigilance thing harder and harder.  Protecting the 2nd amendment is like playing PACMAN - there's no pause button so you can go to the bathroom.

zxcvbob

• friend
« Reply #5 on: November 24, 2011, 03:28:06 PM »
(Either that or I'm just a curmudgeon - take your pick.)

They are not mutually exclusive... ;)
"It's good, though..."

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #6 on: November 24, 2011, 04:30:59 PM »
They are not mutually exclusive... ;)

You beat me to it.

And there is nothing wrong with being a curmudgeon. It's a tough job, but somebody's gotta do it.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

MrsSmith

• friend
« Reply #7 on: November 24, 2011, 05:38:40 PM »
I understand now. Thought you were offended by his acts, not that he committed them. Got it. In complete agreement.

And yes, someone does gotta do the curmudgeon job. Mostly because it's just such a great word.
America is at that awkward stage; It's too late to work within the system, but too early to shoot the bastards. ~ Claire Wolfe

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
  • ...shall not be allowed.
« Reply #8 on: November 24, 2011, 07:08:52 PM »
I understand the "cur" (dog) part, but what's a mudgeon?
WHATEVER YOUR DEFINITION OF "INFRINGE " IS, YOU SHOULDN'T BE DOING IT.

grampster

• friend
« Reply #9 on: November 24, 2011, 09:53:03 PM »
Mudgeons!

There is a rather sparse homepage of mudgeons with better things to do...

Yes, as the domain name might suggest, this is the homepage of the mudgeons.
Unfortunately they're all far too busy going all the way round, eating triangular things, and trying to figure out whether it is almost half past ten, so they haven't got round to doing anything here yet. I'll try and persuade them.
-- The Mudgeonmeister

In Heroes of Might and Magic IV, Mudgeon is one of the 31 heroes belonging to the Mage class. He is a Male Halfling, and is associated with the Academy town.

"Mudgeon fights the inner desire to create mischief by exercising great control over his daily actions. Before he goes to bed each night, he plans every minute of the next day, and when something doesn't go as predicted, he gets quite upset at whoever is responsible - even if it is his own fault."

"Never wrestle with a pig.  You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."  G.B. Shaw

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #10 on: November 25, 2011, 02:29:01 PM »
And now, a conversation between fistful and his wife.

Bride of fistful: "Does the president pardon a turkey every year?"

fistful: "I guess so."

Bride of fistful: "But they're so yummy!"
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

MrsSmith

• friend
« Reply #11 on: November 25, 2011, 06:55:45 PM »
Mudgeons!

There is a rather sparse homepage of mudgeons with better things to do...

Yes, as the domain name might suggest, this is the homepage of the mudgeons.
Unfortunately they're all far too busy going all the way round, eating triangular things, and trying to figure out whether it is almost half past ten, so they haven't got round to doing anything here yet. I'll try and persuade them.
-- The Mudgeonmeister

In Heroes of Might and Magic IV, Mudgeon is one of the 31 heroes belonging to the Mage class. He is a Male Halfling, and is associated with the Academy town.

"Mudgeon fights the inner desire to create mischief by exercising great control over his daily actions. Before he goes to bed each night, he plans every minute of the next day, and when something doesn't go as predicted, he gets quite upset at whoever is responsible - even if it is his own fault."

You just had to ask, didn't you 230?

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
  • ...shall not be allowed.
« Reply #12 on: November 26, 2011, 06:10:35 PM »
<beats breast penitently three times>

Mea culpa... mea culpa... mea maxima culpa.
WHATEVER YOUR DEFINITION OF "INFRINGE " IS, YOU SHOULDN'T BE DOING IT.