Author Topic: Suicide by Fire Hydrant  (Read 866 times)

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
Suicide by Fire Hydrant
« on: December 06, 2014, 11:29:55 AM »
Well, this is one way to off yourself. Wouldn't be my preferred choice.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2014/12/05/man-decapitates-himself-in-dallas-intersection/?intcmp=latestnews
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Northwoods

• friend
  • Formerly sumpnz
Re: Suicide by Fire Hydrant
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2014, 11:48:33 AM »
It would be pretty fast, and probably wouldn't hurt much (certainly not for very long).  But really messy.
Formerly sumpnz

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2014, 11:49:34 AM »
Probably couldn't get ahead in life and reached the end of his rope.  Happens to the best of us.
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2014, 11:57:42 AM »
It would be pretty fast, and probably wouldn't hurt much (certainly not for very long).  But really messy.

Agreed, as long as you did it right (which he apparently did), but it seems like a lot could go wrong with his method.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2014, 01:25:56 PM »
People don't even have the decency to off themselves respectably, any more. But I guess the more spectacularly you do it, the more infamy you get from the internets.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

lupinus

• Southern Mod Trimutive Emeritus
  • friends
« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2014, 01:33:45 PM »
People don't even have the decency to off themselves respectably, any more. But I guess the more spectacularly you do it, the more infamy you get from the internets.
Yeah, but if they did it respectably we'd have less to talk about.
That is all. *expletive deleted*ck you all, eat *expletive deleted*it, and die in a fire. I have considered writing here a long parting section dedicated to each poster, but I have decided, at length, against it. *expletive deleted*ck you all and Hail Satan.