Author Topic: Ahmadinejad's Imam: Islam Allows Raping, Torturing Prisoners  (Read 10326 times)

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
Ahmadinejad's Imam: Islam Allows Raping, Torturing Prisoners
« on: September 03, 2009, 11:22:24 AM »
Nice to know that if a guy rapes another guy up the exhaust pipe, its not gay, 'cause the other guy wasn't willing.  Very helpful, that bit of data.  And that raping female virgins who oppose the gov't is not only allowed, but rewarded in the afterlife.

What fine, civilized people.

http://www.israelnationalnews.com/SendMail.aspx?print=print&type=0&item=133214

Ahmadinejad's Imam: Islam Allows Raping, Torturing Prisoners
Elul 12, 5769, 01 September 09 04:09
by Nissan Ratzlav-Katz

(Israelnationalnews.com) A highly influential Shi'a religious leader, with whom Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad regularly consults, apparently told followers last month that coercion by means of rape, torture and drugs is acceptable against all opponents of the Islamic regime.

Warning: The imam's question-and-answer session, partially reproduced here, contains disturbing descriptions of the sanctioned brutality.

In the wake of a series of publications worldwide regarding the rape and torture of dissident prisoners in Iran's jails, supporters of Ahmadinejad gathered with him in Jamkaran, a popular pilgrimage site for Shi'ite Muslims on the outskirts of Qom, on August 11, 2009. According to Iranian pro-democracy sources, the gathered crowd heard from Ayatollah Mohammad Taqi Mesbah-Yazdi and Ahmadinejad himself regarding the issue.

According to the Intelligence and Terrorism Information Center (ITIC), an independent Israeli intelligence analysis organization, Mesbah-Yazdi is considered Ahmadinejad's personal spiritual guide. A radical totalitarian even in Iranian terms, he holds messianic views, supports increasing Islamization, calls for violent suppression of domestic political opponents, and, according to the ITIC, "declared that obeying a president supported by the Supreme Leader was tantamount to obeying God."

At the Jamkaran gathering, Mesbah-Yazdi and Ahmadinejad answered questions about the rape and torture charges. The following text is from a transcript alleged by Iranian dissidents to be a series of questions and answers exchanged between the ayatollah and some of his supporters.

Asked if a confession obtained "by applying psychological, emotional and physical pressure" was "valid and considered credible according to Islam," Mesbah-Yazdi replied: "Getting a confession from any person who is against the Velayat-e Faqih ("Guardianship of the Islamic Jurists", or the regime of Iran's mullahs) is permissible under any condition." The ayatollah gave the identical answer when asked about confessions obtained through drugging the prisoner with opiates or addictive substances.

"Can an interrogator rape the prisoner in order to obtain a confession?" was the follow-up question posed to the Islamic cleric.

Mesbah-Yazdi answered: "The necessary precaution is for the interrogator to perform a ritual washing first and say prayers while raping the prisoner. If the prisoner is female, it is permissible to rape through the vagina or anus. It is better not to have a witness present. If it is a male prisoner, then it's acceptable for someone else to watch while the rape is committed."

This reply, and reports of the rape of teen male prisoners in Iranian jails, may have prompted the following question: "Is the rape of men and young boys considered sodomy?"
One aspect of these permitted rapes troubled certain questioners.

Ayatollah Mesbah-Yazdi: "No, because it is not consensual. Of course, if the prisoner is aroused and enjoys the rape, then caution must be taken not to repeat the rape."

A related issue, in the eyes of the questioners, was the rape of virgin female prisoners. In this instance, Mesbah-Yazdi went beyond the permissibility issue and described the Allah-sanctioned rewards accorded the rapist-in-the-name-of-Islam:

"If the judgment for the [female] prisoner is execution, then rape before execution brings the interrogator a spiritual reward equivalent to making the mandated Haj pilgrimage [to Mecca], but if there is no execution decreed, then the reward would be equivalent to making a pilgrimage to [the Shi'ite holy city of] Karbala."

Mesbah-Yazdi answered: "The child borne to any weakling [a denigrating term for women - ed.] who is against the Supreme Leader is considered illegitimate, be it a result of rape by her interrogator or through intercourse with her husband, according to the written word in the Koran. However, if the child is raised by the jailer, then the child is considered a legitimate Shi'a Muslim."  %ad%

Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

Jocassee

• Buster Scruggs Respecter
  • friends
  • "First time?"
Re: Ahmadinejad's Imam: Islam Allows Raping, Torturing Prisoners
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2009, 11:29:25 AM »
FUBAR.
I shall not die alone, alone, but kin to all the powers,
As merry as the ancient sun and fighting like the flowers.

Boomhauer

• Former Moderator, fired for embezzlement and abuse of power
  • friends
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2009, 11:36:35 AM »
Nice to know that if a guy rapes another guy up the exhaust pipe, its not gay, 'cause the other guy wasn't willing.

I'm not suprised.

I was reading a thread over at Lightfighter a few months ago. Several vets posted how they would often come across Iraqis and Afghanis going at it with each other or with livestock, and how American soldiers would often be leered at and such. And homosexuality was accepted until marriage, as it really didn't count as homosexuality until then. Weird.

Quote from: Ben
Holy hell. It's like giving a loaded gun to a chimpanzee...

Quote from: bluestarlizzard
the last thing you need is rabies. You're already angry enough as it is.

OTOH, there wouldn't be a tweeker left in Georgia...

Quote from: Balog
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! AND THROW SOME STEAK ON THE GRILL!

roo_ster

• friend
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2009, 12:06:35 PM »
Oh, I want to point out that the Islam in the title is the crazy bastards' (Ahmadinejad & Mesbah-Yazdi) Islam.

I would assume (hope?) that this is a minority position in Islam.
Regards,

roo_ster

----G.K. Chesterton

Gewehr98

• friend
  • Yee-haa!
    • Neural Misfires (Blog)
« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2009, 12:12:00 PM »
For the sake of this thread's longevity, I'll play along with that assumption, too.
"Bother", said Pooh, as he chambered another round...

http://neuralmisfires.blogspot.com

"Never squat with your spurs on!"

Jocassee

• friends
  • "First time?"
« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2009, 12:18:18 PM »
I'm not suprised.

I was reading a thread over at Lightfighter a few months ago. Several vets posted how they would often come across Iraqis and Afghanis going at it with each other or with livestock, and how American soldiers would often be leered at and such. And homosexuality was accepted until marriage, as it really didn't count as homosexuality until then. Weird.

So the whole "countries with a high proportion of man/goat relationships" thing isn't just a joke?

Eew.

jackdanson

• friend
« Reply #6 on: September 03, 2009, 12:20:06 PM »
Ayatollah Mesbah-Yazdi: "No, because it is not consensual. Of course, if the prisoner is aroused and enjoys the rape, then caution must be taken not to repeat the rape."

Note to self and others, if ever being raped in an Iranian prison pretend it is the hottest thing that has ever happened to you.

Headless Thompson Gunner

• friend
« Reply #7 on: September 03, 2009, 12:27:55 PM »
I'm not suprised.

When my friend went to Iraq, he says they received frequent offers of money and/or goats in exchange for the blond female medic in their unit.  He says they had a terrible time trying to get across the idea that Americans don't buy and sell women.

MicroBalrog

• friend
« Reply #8 on: September 03, 2009, 12:29:44 PM »
INN is approximately Israel's equivalent of WND and Newsmax, except for a reputation for really not liking Muslims.
Destroy The Enemy in Hand-to-Hand Combat.

"...tradition and custom becomes intertwined and are a strong coercion which directs the society upon fixed lines, and strangles liberty. " ~ William Graham Sumner

roo_ster

• friend
« Reply #9 on: September 03, 2009, 12:33:08 PM »
When my friend went to Iraq, he says they received frequent offers of money and/or goats in exchange for the blond female medic in their unit.  He says that had a terrible time trying to get across the idea that Americans don't buy and sell women.

Why did an image of John Belushi just pop into my head?

INN is approximately Israel's equivalent of WND and Newsmax, except for a reputation for really not liking Muslims.

Handy information.

Regards,

roo_ster

----G.K. Chesterton

Boomhauer

• Former Moderator, fired for embezzlement and abuse of power
  • friends
« Reply #10 on: September 03, 2009, 12:40:54 PM »
So the whole "countries with a high proportion of man/goat relationships" thing isn't just a joke?

Eew.

Apparently not.

And until I read that thread, I, too, thought it was merely a joke.

Quote from: Ben
Holy hell. It's like giving a loaded gun to a chimpanzee...

Quote from: bluestarlizzard
the last thing you need is rabies. You're already angry enough as it is.

OTOH, there wouldn't be a tweeker left in Georgia...

Quote from: Balog
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! AND THROW SOME STEAK ON THE GRILL!

Jocassee

• friends
  • "First time?"
« Reply #11 on: September 03, 2009, 12:47:49 PM »

Micro, any indication that WND style, important info has been omitted or taken out of context? Faulty Farsi?

On the other hand can you really take 
If the prisoner is female, it is permissible to rape through the vagina or anus.
out of context?

MicroBalrog

• friend
« Reply #12 on: September 03, 2009, 01:10:33 PM »
Micro, any indication that WND style, important info has been omitted or taken out of context? Faulty Farsi?

These people have a history of either inventing stuff out of thin air or exaggerating its importance.

For example, during te disengagement in Gaza, for example, they claimed that the GSS was planning to build massive camps to intern the settlers in (it turned out that a temporary tent camp to house the settlers for a month or so was debated and turned down by GSS, and no serious plans to build camps were ever discussed by anybody involved).

"...tradition and custom becomes intertwined and are a strong coercion which directs the society upon fixed lines, and strangles liberty. " ~ William Graham Sumner

Balog

• Unrepentant race traitor
  • friends
  • What if we tried more?
« Reply #13 on: September 03, 2009, 01:23:41 PM »
Micro: are you saying that the quotes are totally made up then? Distortion and exaggeration I understand, but you're referring to something very different. No opinion either way myself, just curious.
Quote from: French G.
I was always pleasant, friendly and within arm's reach of a gun.

Quote from: Standing Wolf
If government is the answer, it must have been a really, really, really stupid question.

Headless Thompson Gunner

• friend
« Reply #14 on: September 03, 2009, 01:27:07 PM »
Yeah, I'm curious if we have any evidence that the quotes in question have been fabricated.

It's one thing to say that a news outlet has said some dumb things in the past.  It's something else entirely to say that they're wrong in this specific instance.  So, do we have any reason to believe they're wrong in this specific instance?

MicroBalrog

• friend
« Reply #15 on: September 03, 2009, 01:35:04 PM »
I'm saying that it is possible that these quotes have been misattributed, or mistranslated, or taken out of context. It's possible they've been said by some guy in IRan who is a marginal entity there, or possibly have not occured at all.

When an outlandish claim is made, a higher standard of proof is required. I would like to see a more mainstream source before I draw my conclusions.

Jocassee

• friends
  • "First time?"
« Reply #16 on: September 03, 2009, 02:56:19 PM »
I'm saying that it is possible that these quotes have been misattributed, or mistranslated, or taken out of context. It's possible they've been said by some guy in IRan who is a marginal entity there, or possibly have not occured at all.

When an outlandish claim is made, a higher standard of proof is required. I would like to see a more mainstream source before I draw my conclusions.

I we desire to dig deeper, where should we dig?

Gewehr98

• friend
  • Yee-haa!
    • Neural Misfires (Blog)
« Reply #17 on: September 03, 2009, 02:57:43 PM »
I have an MB-style answer to that:

Wikipedia.   =D
"Bother", said Pooh, as he chambered another round...

http://neuralmisfires.blogspot.com

"Never squat with your spurs on!"

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #18 on: September 03, 2009, 03:26:49 PM »
Mesbah-Yazdi answered: "The child borne to any weakling [a denigrating term for women - ed.] who is against the Supreme Leader is considered illegitimate, be it a result of rape by her interrogator or through intercourse with her husband, according to the written word in the Koran. However, if the child is raised by the jailer, then the child is considered a legitimate Shi'a Muslim."

What a sicko/psycho.

I'd really like to have a cite for exactly where the Q'uran says that.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

RaspberrySurprise

• friend
  • Yub yub Commander
« Reply #19 on: September 03, 2009, 03:46:38 PM »
Yeesh, and we thought Rev. Wright was bad?
Look, tiny text!

HankB

• friend
« Reply #20 on: September 03, 2009, 04:31:13 PM »
So being as it's only twice as reliable as ABCNBCCBS, we shouldn't unquestionably accept everything they write?  =D
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

MicroBalrog

• friend
« Reply #21 on: September 03, 2009, 04:34:11 PM »
I have an MB-style answer to that:

Wikipedia.   =D

Wikipedia sources most of its statements. This makes them better than 90% of conventional news sources.  =D =D

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #22 on: September 03, 2009, 06:22:21 PM »
I'm not suprised.

I have heard from two or three different sources that homosexuality is very prevalent over there. 
One guy I worked with for a while worked in Saudi for a few years and his term was "rampant".  I think he was referring to Saudi and Bahrain. 

Regarding the OP, I have heard from other sources that it was in Iran, it was against the rules to execute a virgin so they would basically marry the prisoner to one of the guards who would basically rape them so they could be executed the following day.  I don't remember what the source was.  I read it back when all the rioting was going on.  Either way, the other information in the OP doesn't surprise me much, but, yeah, it might not all be true.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

MicroBalrog

• friend
« Reply #23 on: September 03, 2009, 06:28:49 PM »
One guy I worked with for a while worked in Saudi for a few years and his term was "rampant".  I think he was referring to Saudi and Bahrain.

Indeed I've read an article about the sex life of people in the UAE.

Apparently a lot of young people get married, only to discover the males' only sexual experience is with other men.

For this reason, the chief Mufti [is that the right term?] of that country endorsed a sex manual for young men and women, complete with photographic illustrations which would be considered porn in most of the world.

roo_ster

• friend
« Reply #24 on: September 03, 2009, 08:59:21 PM »
For this reason, the chief Mufti [is that the right term?] of that country endorsed a sex manual for young men and women, complete with photographic illustrations which would be considered porn in most of the world.

I gotta respect that action.  Dude's taking practical steps to solve a pretty serious problem. 
Regards,

roo_ster

----G.K. Chesterton