Author Topic: Ahmadinejad's Imam: Islam Allows Raping, Torturing Prisoners  (Read 10324 times)

MicroBalrog

• friend
Re: Ahmadinejad's Imam: Islam Allows Raping, Torturing Prisoners
« Reply #25 on: September 03, 2009, 09:00:37 PM »
And the manual was written by a woman. So much for the image of Muslims as rabid women-haters.
Destroy The Enemy in Hand-to-Hand Combat.

"...tradition and custom becomes intertwined and are a strong coercion which directs the society upon fixed lines, and strangles liberty. " ~ William Graham Sumner

Balog

• Unrepentant race traitor
  • friends
  • What if we tried more?
« Reply #26 on: September 03, 2009, 09:28:30 PM »
:rolleyes:

Middle Eastern Muslims view (legally and culturally) women as untermensch.
Quote from: French G.
I was always pleasant, friendly and within arm's reach of a gun.

Quote from: Standing Wolf
If government is the answer, it must have been a really, really, really stupid question.

grey54956

« Reply #27 on: September 03, 2009, 10:59:21 PM »
Oh %$#@!

WTF is wrong with people!?!  I would say "that guy" but I think this goes a bit further than that.  I'm beginning to think that a sizable portion of the world's population is seriously messed up beyond repair.

I mean seriously, messed up. :O

You know what the Middle East, The Far East, The West, The South, The North, and just about every other human populated part of this earth needs? 

A good shot of common sense and respect.  I swear, if I ever build a deathray on the moon and declare myself emperor, I am gonna make all the crazies, loons, freaks, whack-jobs, and just about everybody else toe the line when it comes to basic respect for their fellow man. =D
"There are no carefully crafted arguments here, just a sausage-chain of emotional crotch-grabs." - Longeyes

"I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye and see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain." -- Frank Herbert, Dune

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #28 on: September 03, 2009, 11:43:26 PM »
I swear, if I ever build a deathray on the moon and declare myself emperor, I am gonna make all the crazies, loons, freaks, whack-jobs, and just about everybody else toe the line when it comes to basic respect for their fellow man. =D

Respect for the fellow man is not the issue here. What seems to be seriously lacking is respect for the fellow women ...
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #29 on: September 04, 2009, 09:56:43 AM »
Respect for the fellow man is not the issue here. What seems to be seriously lacking is respect for the fellow women ...
Well, that and a seriously warped sense of right and wrong.  I am amazed sometimes at this ability to lawyer their way into justifying evil.  Not just a few leaders who say its okay, but the willingness of so many to just say "great, we can do that now".  I don't know many muslims, but I would hope most don't care for that stuff. 

Yes, I realize that happens in other religions, including my own.  The way some of the Muslims do it is just seems foreign to me though.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Lee

• friend
« Reply #30 on: September 04, 2009, 09:06:07 PM »
A highly influential Shi'a religious leader, with whom Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad regularly consults,

"He's really not my religious mentor, and I don't agree with him at all....I only went to his church for 20 years."

Uhhh, never mind... that was some US politician who said that.

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #31 on: September 05, 2009, 01:49:40 AM »

He seems pretty happy about the torture/rape of both sexes. 
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Viking

• ❤︎ Fuck around & find out ❤︎
  • friend
  • Carnist Bloodmouth
« Reply #32 on: September 05, 2009, 02:12:15 AM »
When my friend went to Iraq, he says they received frequent offers of money and/or goats in exchange for the blond female medic in their unit.  He says they had a terrible time trying to get across the idea that Americans don't buy and sell women.

Friend of mine went on vacation to Egypt when she was 17. Her parents had plenty of people coming up and wishing to buy her!
“The modern world will not be punished. It is the punishment.” — Nicolás Gómez Dávila

Gewehr98

• friend
  • Yee-haa!
    • Neural Misfires (Blog)
« Reply #33 on: September 05, 2009, 11:21:00 AM »
My parents went on vacation in Egypt in 2006.  My dad was made an offer for my mom.  He thought the guy was kidding...   :O
"Bother", said Pooh, as he chambered another round...

http://neuralmisfires.blogspot.com

"Never squat with your spurs on!"

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #34 on: September 05, 2009, 11:24:54 AM »
Did your Dad tell Pharoah she was his sister?   =)

Gewehr98

• friend
  • Yee-haa!
    • Neural Misfires (Blog)
« Reply #35 on: September 05, 2009, 11:30:27 AM »
I don't think it would've mattered.  From what my folks tell me, the guy was insistent, wife, sister, acquaintance, no big deal. 

It gave Mom a big head, because it ain't every day somebody wants to add a 60-something spayed American female to their harem...  (Or is it?)
"Bother", said Pooh, as he chambered another round...

http://neuralmisfires.blogspot.com

"Never squat with your spurs on!"

Balog

• friends
  • What if we tried more?
« Reply #36 on: September 05, 2009, 12:42:02 PM »
How much was he offering for her?

If government is the answer, it must have been a really, really, really stupid question.

Viking

• ❤︎ Fuck around & find out ❤︎
  • friend
  • Carnist Bloodmouth
« Reply #37 on: September 05, 2009, 01:43:44 PM »
How much was he offering for her?
I guess you asked G98, but I'll answer as well. IIRC, my friend's parents were offered 20 camels and an undisclosed amount of gold for her. I admit that I don't know the current price of women in the parts where this still seems to be a fairly common practice, so I can't tell if he made a good offer or not.
“The modern world will not be punished. It is the punishment.” — Nicolás Gómez Dávila

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #38 on: September 05, 2009, 02:02:39 PM »
Would it be totally crazy to suppose that these were dowries, not slave trades?  Or would that be a distinction without a difference? 

vaskidmark

• National Anthem Snob
  • friends
  • WTF?
« Reply #39 on: September 05, 2009, 04:03:26 PM »
Would it be totally crazy to suppose that these were dowries, not slave trades?  Or would that be a distinction without a difference? 

I a culture that permits four wives for the lowest of the low, and progressively larger numbers in the "entourage" of those higher on the economic/power (or is that power/economic?) scale I doubt there is much to distinguish between the two concepts.

stay safe.

skidmark
If cowardly and dishonorable men sometimes shoot unarmed men with army pistols or guns, the evil must be prevented by the penitentiary and gallows, and not by a general deprivation of a constitutional privilege.

Hey you kids!! Get off my lawn!!!

They keep making this eternal vigilance thing harder and harder.  Protecting the 2nd amendment is like playing PACMAN - there's no pause button so you can go to the bathroom.

MicroBalrog

• friend
« Reply #40 on: September 05, 2009, 04:04:44 PM »
Four wives?

"...tradition and custom becomes intertwined and are a strong coercion which directs the society upon fixed lines, and strangles liberty. " ~ William Graham Sumner

Zardozimo Oprah Bannedalas

• Webley Juggler
  • friend
  • All I got is a fistful of shekels
« Reply #41 on: September 05, 2009, 04:08:55 PM »
Four wives?

Aren't you allowed 4 in Saudi Arabia?

Balog

• friends
  • What if we tried more?
« Reply #42 on: September 05, 2009, 04:27:13 PM »
I think this might be a good way to get rid of some annoying women in my life and make money too!

MicroBalrog

• friend
« Reply #43 on: September 05, 2009, 04:32:11 PM »
Aren't you allowed 4 in Saudi Arabia?

I'm sure. But I'm surprised at the idea of a minimum amount being 4. I've met many Muslims, some of them Egyptian, and I've never heard of people with 4-wife families in these areas except among Beduins who have basically ignored the last century.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #44 on: September 05, 2009, 04:34:06 PM »
I seem to remember hearing some dirt about the rich Kuwaiti leader having 3 or so wives and regularly divorcing and marrying young women.  That was around the first Gulf War time though. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

MicroBalrog

• friend
« Reply #45 on: September 05, 2009, 04:36:14 PM »
Oh, rich people in Saudi Arabia and Kuwait, of course, have lots of wives. That's not whaT I'm talking about though.

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #46 on: September 05, 2009, 06:05:32 PM »
I'm sure. But I'm surprised at the idea of a minimum amount being 4.

I don't think anyone said that was the minimum.  If I remember right, I've heard of there being some rule in Islam about four wives as a maximum.

vaskidmark

• National Anthem Snob
  • friends
  • WTF?
« Reply #47 on: September 05, 2009, 06:53:12 PM »
Four (4) is the max number you can be married to.  Explanation goes, per some vague recollection of "Sahara" starring Bogart, not those newbie upstarts:

One wife will forever nag and complain to you;
Two wives will forever nag and complain about the other to you;
Three wives, two will side together against the other - the alliances change by the moment;
But four wives.  Ah!  Two by two, each will have a friend, and you will have peace and time to sip coffee in the bazzar.  And when you come home - <insert big ole sloppy grin>.

I'm not sure Paul Robeson ("Tambu") really was comfortable with those lines, being a rather devout Baptist, but he probably was happy to get a role that did not require foot-shuffling and a drawl while moving slower than molasses in January or having to tapdance.

As for the "entourage" - apparently if you can feed them you can keep them, but you cannot be married to more than 4 at any given moment.  So some of those tribal alliances were made knowing full well that daughter #17 was going to be unmarried but living in the tent of Al-Whatshizname, Shiek of date tree # 329 at the oaisis out back of the BurgerKing.  I actually had a perfesser in kollege ("Compasrative Civilizations 223") try to tell me that since there was nothing in the desert worth collecting and showing off, the "Ay-rabs" treated excess women like baubles in doing one-upsmanship to show off their wealth and control of water.

stay safe.

skidmark
If cowardly and dishonorable men sometimes shoot unarmed men with army pistols or guns, the evil must be prevented by the penitentiary and gallows, and not by a general deprivation of a constitutional privilege.

Hey you kids!! Get off my lawn!!!

They keep making this eternal vigilance thing harder and harder.  Protecting the 2nd amendment is like playing PACMAN - there's no pause button so you can go to the bathroom.

MicroBalrog

• friend
« Reply #48 on: September 05, 2009, 07:22:15 PM »
I don't think anyone said that was the minimum.  If I remember right, I've heard of there being some rule in Islam about four wives as a maximum.

Ah, I misread.

Stand_watie

• friend
« Reply #49 on: September 05, 2009, 07:32:07 PM »
       Regarding multi-wife polytheism as an accepted practice - while trying to be sensitive to the fact that there may be forum members who don't denigrate it - I will note that it worked out best in cultures with a dearth of men due to ongoing warfare.
Yizkor. Lo Od Pa'am

"You can have my gun when you pry it from my cold dead fingers"

"Never again"

"Malone Labe"