Author Topic: IRS getting shotguns  (Read 10266 times)

slugcatcher

• friend
Re: IRS getting shotguns
« Reply #25 on: February 04, 2010, 12:27:47 PM »
As previously stated, this isn't the first time the IRS has updated its weapons.  Old news.   [tinfoil]

I'd like to think they never got enough use out of the old ones to wear them out. I still don't see why the IRS needs weapons.

T.O.M.

• friend
« Reply #26 on: February 04, 2010, 12:44:13 PM »
Becuase the federal government is highly compartmentalized, and in most cases, you won't see inter-agency co-operation.  Think about it.  FBI.  Federal Bureau of Investigation.  Yet, just about every other federal agency has it's own investigative and enforcement bureau.  DEA.  BATFE.  ICE.  Secret Service.  Dept. of Agriculture (foor stamp fraud, if I recall correctly).  You name the agency, they prbably have an investigative and enforcement department in-house.  Good news for anyone interested in a career in federal law enforcement (plenty of jobs), but in many cases it seems to be a waste of tax dollars to replicate services for each agency.
No, I'm not mtnbkr.  ;)

a.k.a. "our resident Legal Smeagol."...thanks BryanP
"Anybody can give legal advice - but only licensed attorneys can sell it."...vaskidmark

BlueStarLizzard

• Queen of the Cislords
  • friend
  • Oh please, nobody died last time...
« Reply #27 on: February 04, 2010, 01:15:08 PM »
Becuase the federal government is highly compartmentalized, and in most cases, you won't see inter-agency co-operation.  Think about it.  FBI.  Federal Bureau of Investigation.  Yet, just about every other federal agency has it's own investigative and enforcement bureau.  DEA.  BATFE.  ICE.  Secret Service.  Dept. of Agriculture (foor stamp fraud, if I recall correctly).  You name the agency, they prbably have an investigative and enforcement department in-house.  Good news for anyone interested in a career in federal law enforcement (plenty of jobs), but in many cases it seems to be a waste of tax dollars to replicate services for each agency.

not as effective, either. but at the same time, i'm not sure i want them to get too effective. especially with the way our federal governements been leaning.  =|
"Okay, um, I'm lost. Uh, I'm angry, and I'm armed, so if you two have something that you need to work out --" -Malcolm Reynolds