Author Topic: Jackson's Out, Tubman's In  (Read 10278 times)

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
Jackson's Out, Tubman's In
« on: April 20, 2016, 03:53:07 PM »
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

RevDisk

• friend
    • RevDisk.net
Re: Jackson's Out, Tubman's In
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2016, 04:17:54 PM »

They're keeping that monarchist on the $10, and removing the most awesome President that the US has ever seen?    :facepalm:

While I appreciate Ms Tubman's services to the US as an armed scout and spy, as well as her civilian women's suffrage and anti-slavery activism, but seriously? To be put on the $20 bill?

We've had stranger choices for US currency, but not recently: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_people_on_United_States_banknotes

As a random trivia factoid, she would not be the first woman on US currency. That was Martha Washington, 1886.
"Rev, your picture is in my King James Bible, where Paul talks about "inventors of evil."  Yes, I know you'll take that as a compliment."  - Fistful, possibly highest compliment I've ever received.

Boomhauer

• Former Moderator, fired for embezzlement and abuse of power
  • friends
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2016, 04:20:37 PM »
This is bullshit!
Quote from: Ben
Holy hell. It's like giving a loaded gun to a chimpanzee...

Quote from: bluestarlizzard
the last thing you need is rabies. You're already angry enough as it is.

OTOH, there wouldn't be a tweeker left in Georgia...

Quote from: Balog
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! AND THROW SOME STEAK ON THE GRILL!

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

AJ Dual

• friends
  • Shoe Ballistics Inc.
« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2016, 04:30:12 PM »
Hmm...

Removing the founder of what's become the most destructive force in American history, known as the Democratic Party, with a Republican who carried a gun?

I'm good with it.

Whether you agree with this literally, or you simply see it as a good way to dole out a little cog-dis and emotional anguish onto the modern PC Left, doesn't matter.
I promise not to duck.

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2016, 05:15:27 PM »
I don't really have a problem with this.  It's obviously a pander to the usual suspects but Tubman was pretty much a bad ass.

Besides, I can point out that she personifies the idea that if I think a federal law is morally wrong, I should circumvent it. With firearms if needed.

AJ Dual

• friends
  • Shoe Ballistics Inc.
« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2016, 05:22:18 PM »
I don't really have a problem with this.  It's obviously a pander to the usual suspects but Tubman was pretty much a bad ass.

Besides, I can point out that she personifies the idea that if I think a federal law is morally wrong, I should circumvent it. With firearms if needed.

Exactly.

Watch for PC/Leftist whining closer to the adoption date for the new bills.
I promise not to duck.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #7 on: April 20, 2016, 05:39:36 PM »
I don't really have a problem with this.  It's obviously a pander to the usual suspects but Tubman was pretty much a bad ass.

Heh. Keep that under wraps until after they start printing, then bring it up. Many more splodey heads that way.  =D

I think it's better than doing the tenner because I'm pretty sure the $20 is now the most ubiquitous bill (or maybe after the $1?), isn't it? So they get a woman on the most used bill. Can't cry discrimination there, and it's not society's fault if people don't know their history. :)

EDIT: To add to the "wait till they start printing", apparently as of right now, "Who is Harriet Tubman?" is the top Google search term.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2016, 06:00:03 PM by Ben »
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
« Reply #8 on: April 20, 2016, 06:20:49 PM »
They're keeping that monarchist on the $10, and removing the most awesome President that the US has ever seen?    :facepalm:

While I appreciate Ms Tubman's services to the US as an armed scout and spy, as well as her civilian women's suffrage and anti-slavery activism, but seriously? To be put on the $20 bill?

We've had stranger choices for US currency, but not recently: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_people_on_United_States_banknotes

As a random trivia factoid, she would not be the first woman on US currency. That was Martha Washington, 1886.

Pretty much my thoughts.

I can see myself getting a custom stamp made to correct this problem on all $20 bills that come though my hands.
Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

RevDisk

• friend
    • RevDisk.net
« Reply #9 on: April 20, 2016, 10:08:07 PM »
"They're replacing the founder of the Democratic Party with a a gun toting, law breaking, anti-government, cop killer domestic terrorist Republican that routinely threatened to shoot disobedient slaves."

All of which is entirely true. She routinely broke the Fugative Slave Act, a federal law. She kept a gun handy in case she needed to shoot local police enforcing said law, or cops objecting to someone liberating slaves. And threatened to kill any former slave that decided to change their mind. And made it clear she'd blow her own head off rather than be captured. She assisted the Harpers Ferry raid, which was a terrorist operation to seize US weapons. And obviously, she was a Republican.

"There was one of two things I had a right to – liberty, or death.
If I could not have one I would have the other; for no man should take me alive."

One, I really like Ms Tubman. Two, this is going to be hilarious. That said, I still wish they were giving Hamilton the boot instead of Jackson. Jackson was an evil and terrible person, but also epic and awe inspiring.
"Rev, your picture is in my King James Bible, where Paul talks about "inventors of evil."  Yes, I know you'll take that as a compliment."  - Fistful, possibly highest compliment I've ever received.

roo_ster

• friend
« Reply #10 on: April 20, 2016, 10:38:38 PM »
$1 bill: buck
$5 bill: fiver
$10 bill: sawbuck
$20 bill: tubbie
$50 bill: ???
$100 bill: c-note
Regards,

roo_ster

----G.K. Chesterton

grampster

• friend
« Reply #11 on: April 20, 2016, 10:57:55 PM »
$1 bill: buck
$5 bill: fiver
$10 bill: sawbuck
$20 bill: tubbie
 $50 bill: ???--Fitty.  fify
$100 bill: c-note

"Never wrestle with a pig.  You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."  G.B. Shaw

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #12 on: April 20, 2016, 10:57:59 PM »
$50 bill: G-money

Phantom Warrior

• friend
« Reply #13 on: April 20, 2016, 11:17:54 PM »
According to this article 20s, 10s, and 5s are all changing.  Not just Harriet Tubman is getting added.

http://www.courant.com/business/hc-biz-harriet-tubman-0421-20160420-story.html

HankB

• friend
« Reply #14 on: April 20, 2016, 11:55:05 PM »
I hear the new $10 bill is going to feature Malcolm X.  (Don't know if there's a Malcolm V or Malcolm L for the five or fifty dollar bills . . . )
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

wmenorr67

• friend
« Reply #15 on: April 21, 2016, 07:43:42 AM »
Imagine being a stripper and get a Harriet Tubman $20 spot stuffed in your cleavage. :rofl:
There are five things, above all else, that make life worth living: a good relationship with God, a good woman, good health, good friends, and a good cigar.

Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American Soldier.  One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Bacon is the candy bar of meats!

Only the dead have seen the end of war!

TechMan

• Administrator
  • Yes, your moderation has been outsourced.
« Reply #16 on: April 21, 2016, 09:02:57 AM »
Imagine being a stripper and get a Harriet Tubman $20 spot stuffed in your cleavage. :rofl:

The guy will have a chubbie and a tubbie.
Hawkmoon - Never underestimate another person's capacity for stupidity. Any time you think someone can't possibly be that dumb ... they'll prove you wrong.

Bacon and Eggs - A day's work for a chicken; A lifetime commitment for a pig.
Stupidity will always be its own reward.
Bad decisions make good stories.

Viking - The problem with the modern world is that there aren't really any predators eating stupid people.

brimic

• friends
« Reply #17 on: April 21, 2016, 09:49:21 AM »
Hmm...

Removing the founder of what's become the most destructive force in American history, known as the Democratic Party, with a Republican who carried a gun?

I'm good with it.

Whether you agree with this literally, or you simply see it as a good way to dole out a little cog-dis and emotional anguish onto the modern PC Left, doesn't matter.

I fully embrace this change.
However, those on the far left will quickly point out that the Republicans and Democrats switched parties about 2 generations ago.

That said, I still wish they were giving Hamilton the boot instead of Jackson. Jackson was an evil and terrible person, but also epic and awe inspiring.

That too. Hamilton was only evil of the far reaching statist sort- those are a dime a dozen these days.
"now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb" -Dark Helmet

"AK47's belong in the hands of soldiers mexican drug cartels"-
Barack Obama

AJ Dual

• friends
  • Shoe Ballistics Inc.
« Reply #18 on: April 21, 2016, 10:35:38 AM »

However, those on the far left will quickly point out that the Republicans and Democrats switched parties about 2 generations ago.

I love it when they give me that opening. I will argue that there was no "switch", and starting with LBJ's "Great Society" the overt racism of the Democrats simply switched to the soft racism of low expectations, and co-opted the black vote in the process.

I promise not to duck.

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #19 on: April 21, 2016, 10:47:17 AM »
I love it when they give me that opening. I will argue that there was no "switch", and starting with LBJ's "Great Society" the overt racism of the Democrats simply switched to the soft racism of low expectations, and co-opted the black vote in the process.

As would I. I've been thinking about starting a "dialogue" with the Southern Poverty Law Center, about all the ways in which the Democratic Party meets the definition of a hate group. It's the most successful one in our history, I think.

brimic

• friends
« Reply #20 on: April 21, 2016, 11:11:55 AM »

As would I. I've been thinking about starting a "dialogue" with the Southern Poverty Law Center, about all the ways in which the Democratic Party meets the definition of a hate group. It's the most successful one in our history, I think.

Those are hatespeekz. You'll be put on a trrrist watch list for sure.

Barack Obama

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #21 on: April 21, 2016, 04:50:33 PM »
Hmm...

I'm good with it.

Does Iowahawk read APS?

http://smallestminority.blogspot.com/2016/04/iowahawk-is-national-treasure.html
""If you elect me, your taxes are going to be raised, not cut."
                         - master strategist Joe Biden

AJ Dual

• friends
  • Shoe Ballistics Inc.
« Reply #22 on: April 21, 2016, 04:52:22 PM »
I promise not to duck.

brimic

• friends
« Reply #23 on: April 21, 2016, 05:05:28 PM »

But, but, but freedom = free *expletive deleted*it!!!111

Barack Obama

roo_ster

• friend
« Reply #24 on: April 22, 2016, 01:16:13 AM »
http://www.unz.com/pbuchanan/dishonoring-general-jackson/

In Samuel Eliot Morison’s “The Oxford History of the American People,” there is a single sentence about Harriet Tubman.

“An illiterate field hand, (Tubman) not only escaped herself but returned repeatedly and guided more than 300 slaves to freedom.”

Morison, however, devotes most of five chapters to the greatest soldier-statesman in American history, save Washington, that pivotal figure between the Founding Fathers and the Civil War — Andrew Jackson.
Regards,

roo_ster

----G.K. Chesterton