Author Topic: Feinstein’s Bill to Kill Free Speech of Independent Journalists ‘Has Votes’  (Read 1648 times)

TechMan

• Administrator
  • Yes, your moderation has been outsourced.
This is not good.  Congress now wants to define who a journalist is.  Looks like some stomping on the 1A.

http://theantimedia.org/feinsteins-bill-to-kill-free-speech-of-independent-journalists-has-votes-to-pass-senate/
Hawkmoon - Never underestimate another person's capacity for stupidity. Any time you think someone can't possibly be that dumb ... they'll prove you wrong.

Bacon and Eggs - A day's work for a chicken; A lifetime commitment for a pig.
Stupidity will always be its own reward.
Bad decisions make good stories.

Viking - The problem with the modern world is that there aren't really any predators eating stupid people.

Monkeyleg

• friend
  • Tattaglia is a pimp.
    • http://www.gunshopfinder.com
I want to define what constitutes a member of congress. I don't think that Feinstein meets any criteria.

It's very close to time to feed the hogs.

fifth_column

• friend
This is definitely not good, albeit unsurprising.  We're expected to recognize the need for a permit to exercise the second, why would it be any different for the first?  These are considered reasonable necessities in our modern world. 

Allowing just anybody to say just anything is dangerous.  What if something a person said had a negative impact on how somebody else feels?  What about that somebody else's right to not have negative feelings?  Hmm?  Doesn't anybody think of other people anymore?  /sarcasm

Just writing the above makes me:   [barf]  I want to rinse out my brainpan . . . .
Power concedes nothing without a demand. It never did and it never will... The limits of tyrants are prescribed by the endurance of those whom they oppress. ― Frederick Douglass

No American citizen should be willing to accept a government that uses its power against its own people.  -  Catherine Engelbrecht

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
It's just a reasonable restriction.

The evil free speech lobby needs to compromise.
Freedom is a heavy load, a great and strange burden for the spirit to undertake. It is not easy. It is not a gift given, but a choice made, and the choice may be a hard one. The road goes upward toward the light; but the laden traveller may never reach the end of it.  - Ursula Le Guin

TommyGunn

• friend
  • Stuck in full auto since birth.
This is not good.  Congress now wants to define who a journalist is.  Looks like some stomping on the 1A.

http://theantimedia.org/feinsteins-bill-to-kill-free-speech-of-independent-journalists-has-votes-to-pass-senate/

Quoted for truth.
MOLON LABE   "Through ignorance of what is good and what is bad, the life of men is greatly perplexed." ~~ Cicero

stevelyn

• friend
Obviously pigs such as Fienstein are scared to death of the truth. Something they don't have to worry about from the Propaganda Corps that marches in lockstep with them. Independent journalists and bloggers do not.
Be careful that the toes you step on now aren't connected to the ass you have to kiss later.

Eat Moose. Wear Wolf.

AJ Dual

• friends
  • Shoe Ballistics Inc.
She needs to go.

Extra-judicialy if thats what it takes.
I promise not to duck.

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
Are such provocations deliberate i wonder.  I submit the consequences will be ugly.
Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton