Author Topic: Walking dead season 4  (Read 79351 times)

Sergeant Bob

• friend
Re: Walking dead season 4
« Reply #175 on: November 24, 2013, 10:47:56 PM »
I was certain David Morrissey was just setting us up on "Talking Dead" for the governor to return to his totalitarian ways.

A leopard can't change his spots. 
Personally, I do not understand how a bunch of people demanding a bigger govt can call themselves anarchist.
I meet lots of folks like this, claim to be anarchist but really they're just liberals with pierced genitals. - gunsmith

I already have canned butter, buying more. Canned blueberries, some pancake making dry goods and the end of the world is gonna be delicious.  -French G

T.O.M.

• friend
« Reply #176 on: November 25, 2013, 07:13:44 AM »
First, I enjoy the show as entertainment, so I'm willing to suspend disbelief.  I ignore the disappearing bodies and such fornthe sake of entertainment.

That said, there's one thing about the whole zombie thing that bugs me.  Assuming a massive outbreak like the show, you suddenly have lots of dead bodies walking around.  And these bodies are rotting as they walk around.  So, how long until these walkers decompose to the point where they can't walk around anymore?  How long until the legs fall off, or the upper body structure simply gives out and the body just can't stand under its own weight?  I'm thinking that within a year (how much time has passed for these guys?), the sheer number of walkers will be reduced to the point where the risk is closer to that of street crime, or more possibly like a bear attack on a hiker,
No, I'm not mtnbkr.  ;)

a.k.a. "our resident Legal Smeagol."...thanks BryanP
"Anybody can give legal advice - but only licensed attorneys can sell it."...vaskidmark

SADShooter

• friend
« Reply #177 on: November 25, 2013, 11:14:21 AM »
Cue Jack Nicholson from "The Shining;"   "Heeeerrrrre's Johhhhhnnny!" ~~ The Governor!

I guess epiphanies are too much to hope for in Zombieville.   
Underwater zombie was a nice touch.   

Upgrade from aquarium to reflection pool...
"Ah, is there any wine so sweet and intoxicating as the tears of a hippie?"-Tamara, View From the Porch

TommyGunn

• friend
  • Stuck in full auto since birth.
« Reply #178 on: November 25, 2013, 11:30:50 AM »
Quote from: Chris
So, how long until these walkers decompose to the point where they can't walk around anymore?  How long until the legs fall off, or the upper body structure simply gives out and the body just can't stand under its own weight?

Let's not forget the fact that they're dead -- they shouldn't be moving around at all.  The walker who appeared on the other side of the drying laundry last night had his foot removed by the person who was grabbing it to keep it away from the child.  I should think any foot so limply attached would not likely support even ambling around looking for  ... brains..  But hey, it's TV.   [popcorn]
« Last Edit: November 25, 2013, 11:35:57 AM by TommyGunn »
MOLON LABE   "Through ignorance of what is good and what is bad, the life of men is greatly perplexed." ~~ Cicero

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
« Reply #179 on: November 25, 2013, 06:22:46 PM »
Cue Jack Nicholson from "The Shining;"   "Heeeerrrrre's Johhhhhnnny!" ~~ The Governor!

I guess epiphanies are too much to hope for in Zombieville.   
Underwater zombie was a nice touch.   

What's funny is he tried.  The mud pit on the way out I think boxed him into his crazy ass corner where he decided right then and there that the crazy way is the only way.

In the comic book, FWIW, Rick's group eventually loses the prison.
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
  • APS's Resident Sikh/Muslim
« Reply #180 on: December 01, 2013, 09:48:02 PM »
Nooooooooo!
Iowa- 88% more livable that the rest of the US

Uranus is a gas giant.

Team 444: Member# 536

TommyGunn

• friend
« Reply #181 on: December 01, 2013, 11:09:57 PM »
Nooooooooo!

Poor poor Hershel.  Lost his head.  But the Governator got the point.   :angel:
And the group is all messed up, say nothing of the prison.

Too bad no one knew what a "tank trap" is. OTOH I'm not sure they'd have had time to employ one...... [tinfoil]
MOLON LABE   "Through ignorance of what is good and what is bad, the life of men is greatly perplexed." ~~ Cicero

Jamisjockey

• friend
« Reply #182 on: December 02, 2013, 09:41:48 AM »
Considering they didn't see a tank threat, that one I don't blame them.  I do rather like the idea of catch pits for zeds.  Good enough to slow down smaller groups and give some advanced warning of bigger groups. 
Considering in the last season, the governor drove that truck with the trailer full of zeds through the gate, they fortified the gate so that wouldn't happen again.  Well, now he showed up with a mother *expletive deleted*ing tank! lol
Definitely a "where now?" moment for sure. 
Any smart prepper would probably have a secondary fall back location scouted and selected. 
Sucks that Hershel went.  And did the baby really get eaten?
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

Harold Tuttle

• Professor Chromedome
  • friend
« Reply #183 on: December 02, 2013, 10:42:14 AM »
was the governor planning on restocking his aquarium?
"The true mad scientist does not make public appearances! He does not wear the "Hello, my name is.." badge!
He strikes from below like a viper or on high like a penny dropped from the tallest building around!
He only has one purpose--Do bad things to good people! Mit science! What good is science if no one gets hurt?!"

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #184 on: December 02, 2013, 12:14:16 PM »
I'm still wondering who hacked a couple of guys to death on the approach to that cabin and then hung signs from them?

Mischon?

That episode last night was INTENSE!

Amazing to see just how quickly the Gov. reverted to his old self.

And what the hell? Darryl couldn't make a shot on the Gov at that distance with a reflex sight on a .223?

I liked how he dealt with the tank, though.

And I think they can still reclaim the prison. A nick of paint here, a little spackle there, and good as new.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

brimic

• friends
« Reply #185 on: December 02, 2013, 03:29:14 PM »

And what the hell? Darryl couldn't make a shot on the Gov at that distance with a reflex sight on a .223?

Was it an Eotech? Maybe the battery went dead. :laugh:
"now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb" -Dark Helmet

"AK47's belong in the hands of soldiers mexican drug cartels"-
Barack Obama

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #186 on: December 02, 2013, 06:51:28 PM »
Was it an Eotech? Maybe the battery went dead. :laugh:

At least it wasn't mounted backwards.

I was somewhat disappointed to see the Governor bite the dust.  The man was evil, but I had hoped to see him as a recurring character.  Now the writers need to come up with a new adversary.

""If you elect me, your taxes are going to be raised, not cut."
                         - master strategist Joe Biden

Jamisjockey

• friend
« Reply #187 on: December 02, 2013, 06:53:33 PM »
At least it wasn't mounted backwards.

I was somewhat disappointed to see the Governor bite the dust.  The man was evil, but I had hoped to see him as a recurring character.  Now the writers need to come up with a new adversary.

But the damn medic got the flat top AR AGAIN.   :facepalm:  Everything else had sights of some kind.  It's like they were doing it on purpose.

I still don't get the outside laundry basket armory.  Sorry but I think I'd be totin a rifle everywhere. Period.  They need some real effin advisors.
JD

HankB

• friend
« Reply #188 on: December 02, 2013, 07:51:08 PM »
. . . I still don't get the outside laundry basket armory . . .
Probably the single most puzzling item in the show.

Also noted that during the firefight, there was a LOT more shooting than hitting going on, even against slow-moving targets out in the open . . . probably because some of Rick's crew didn't know about using sights. (Or cover, for that matter.)

And . . . didn't Rick take a shot at the Gov. and wing him after he killed Herschel?

And how the heck did the Gov. sneak up on them with a bleeping TANK? And why didn't the sound of the tank clanking along draw it's own herd of walkers before they even got to the prison?

And I see Carl may have some kindred spirits among the girl children . . . maybe there's going to be more on this next season.
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #189 on: December 02, 2013, 08:53:11 PM »
Just watched it. So many bummer moments, like Herschel being killed, but one of the best episodes so far in the series, I think. I'm glad the governor bought it. Kinda wish Michone had sliced him up a little more and then let him turn into a walker, but his new squeeze recognizing what a whack job he was in the end and getting the final shot in worked too. I was once again disappointed by all the automatic weapons fire. My one beef with this episode is that it was like an A-Team episode, where a bajiliion shots are fired and nobody gets hit. They should turn in the M4s for lever guns, like Carl was using.

I say there is a 50% chance that somebody with bloodied up hands rescued Judith. It'll be way dark if she was eaten. It'll be interesting to see how, or if, they completely regroup. February is a long ways off!
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Jamisjockey

• friend
« Reply #190 on: December 02, 2013, 09:14:42 PM »
Just watched it. So many bummer moments, like Herschel being killed, but one of the best episodes so far in the series, I think. I'm glad the governor bought it. Kinda wish Michone had sliced him up a little more and then let him turn into a walker, but his new squeeze recognizing what a whack job he was in the end and getting the final shot in worked too. I was once again disappointed by all the automatic weapons fire. My one beef with this episode is that it was like an A-Team episode, where a bajiliion shots are fired and nobody gets hit. They should turn in the M4s for lever guns, like Carl was using.

I say there is a 50% chance that somebody with bloodied up hands rescued Judith. It'll be way dark if she was eaten. It'll be interesting to see how, or if, they completely regroup. February is a long ways off!

The medic, the black chick and Maggie?  The medic took one through the shoulder after all.
JD

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #191 on: December 02, 2013, 09:25:08 PM »
They should turn in the M4s for lever guns, like Carl was using.

A bit nitpicky, but . . .

Was it my imagination or did Carl's rifle not have a rear sight?
""If you elect me, your taxes are going to be raised, not cut."
                         - master strategist Joe Biden

Sergeant Bob

• friend
« Reply #192 on: December 02, 2013, 10:24:55 PM »

IIRC, one of them said he was 50 yards away! Jeebus, he would have a pretty good chance at making that with his freaking crossbow!
Personally, I do not understand how a bunch of people demanding a bigger govt can call themselves anarchist.
I meet lots of folks like this, claim to be anarchist but really they're just liberals with pierced genitals. - gunsmith

I already have canned butter, buying more. Canned blueberries, some pancake making dry goods and the end of the world is gonna be delicious.  -French G

Cliffh

• friend
« Reply #193 on: December 02, 2013, 10:41:55 PM »

It did not - at least on my TV. 

T.O.M.

• friend
« Reply #194 on: December 02, 2013, 11:11:58 PM »
Guys, Darryl couldn't make that shot, because Michonne had to kill the Governor.  Duh! :laugh:

As to Carl's lever gun, my Marlin has the rear sight mounted on the barrel, not the receiver.  Could that be it on his rifle?
No, I'm not mtnbkr.  ;)

a.k.a. "our resident Legal Smeagol."...thanks BryanP
"Anybody can give legal advice - but only licensed attorneys can sell it."...vaskidmark

Jamisjockey

• friend
« Reply #195 on: December 03, 2013, 12:04:00 AM »
IIRC, one of them said he was 50 yards away! Jeebus, he would have a pretty good chance at making that with his freaking crossbow!

IMHO it's closer to a hundred from the inner perimeter to the outer too.
JD

AZRedhawk44

• friends
« Reply #196 on: December 03, 2013, 12:05:18 AM »
Aghghgghghghghgh!  Hershel is dead!  Noooooo!

Yup.  That Marlin is missing a rear sight.  Just checked to confirm, when he's using the cyclone fence for a support and talking about hitting him at 50 yards.  No receiver nor barrel mounted rear sight.  

I don't think the governor is dead, yet.  Was that Maggie, or his new squeeze, that shot (at) him?  I couldn't tell.

"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain - that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist."
--Lysander Spooner

I reject your authoritah!

Ned Hamford

• friend
« Reply #197 on: December 03, 2013, 02:18:53 AM »
I love how bullets don't go through things.  Flip over that aluminum picnic table for cover  :facepalm:

Very very A-Team. 
Improbus a nullo flectitur obsequio.

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #198 on: December 03, 2013, 08:31:40 AM »
Gov. was killed by his main squeeze.

I'm betting than Judith was rescued by someone. Walkers generally don't carry off a body, especially not one that is strapped into a car seat. They feed in place, meaning that there would be a LOT more blood there than there was.

Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

TommyGunn

• friend
« Reply #199 on: December 03, 2013, 10:44:59 AM »
I love how bullets don't go through things.  Flip over that aluminum picnic table for cover  :facepalm:

Very very A-Team.  

Rear end of that bus, too.   ;)