Author Topic: Another Reason to Vote For Trump........  (Read 4444 times)

MechAg94

• friend
Another Reason to Vote For Trump........
« on: September 28, 2016, 03:33:56 PM »
Ruth Ginsburg Threatens To “Resign From SCOTUS” If Trump Is Elected President

“There’s no need to beat around the bush, so I’m just going to go ahead and say it – I will resign my position as a Justice of the Supreme Court of the United States if that happens. I cannot imagine performing my duties under the constant pressure of waking up in the morning and having to go to work knowing that every ruling we as an institution make will be viewed through the prism of a Trump presidency. I can tolerate this charade of a presidential campaign, but I could not live with him as president,” she said.

If my memory is correct, she is more of an honest liberal, but this would mean Trump gets two SC nominations right from the starting gate.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
Re: Another Reason to Vote For Trump........
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2016, 03:48:15 PM »
I have to wonder if she really meant it. If she did, I bet the handlers of the dem party are in a tizzy.

Her stepping down could get a good percentage of fence sitters (most likely GOPe voters) to go for Trump. That would make for sure two young justices in the next four years. Maybe not Alito-worthy, but not Sanders policy supporters either. Of course I guess it could also get some anti-Hillary dems to vote for her in hopes of two liberal appointments.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
  • ...shall not be allowed.
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2016, 04:40:22 PM »
If my memory is correct, she is more of an honest liberal, but this would mean Trump gets two SC nominations right from the starting gate.

But aren't there three months from the "election" (if that's what she meant) to the inauguration?
WHATEVER YOUR DEFINITION OF "INFRINGE " IS, YOU SHOULDN'T BE DOING IT.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2016, 04:46:03 PM »
But aren't there three months from the "election" (if that's what she meant) to the inauguration?

Well, we don't have an Alito replacement yet.

A guess would be, knowing the GOP, is that if Ginsburg quits immediately, they'll "give" Obama one pick as a good faith gesture for getting one of theirs through after Trump is in. Then the Dems will block all good nominations and the Rs will cave to a crappy pick.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

dm1333

• friend
« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2016, 04:48:16 PM »
“There’s no need to beat around the bush, so I’m just going to go ahead and say it – I will resign my position as a Justice of the Supreme Court of the United States if that happens. I cannot imagine performing my duties under the constant pressure of waking up in the morning and having to go to work knowing that every ruling we as an institution make will be viewed through the prism of a Trump presidency. I can tolerate this charade of a presidential campaign, but I could not live with him as president,” she said.

Welcome to the last eight years for a lot of us.   :P

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2016, 04:48:51 PM »
The lefties are making it reaaaaaalllllllyyyyyy hard to not vote for Trump....
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

HankB

• friend
« Reply #6 on: September 28, 2016, 05:05:54 PM »
A guess would be, knowing the GOP, is that if Ginsburg quits immediately, they'll "give" Obama one pick as a good faith gesture for getting one of theirs through after Trump is in. Then the Dems will block all good nominations and the Rs will cave to a crappy pick.

There have been a number of 4-4 decisions. Minus Ginsberg, they would be 4-3 in the right direction. So a SMART GOP will NOT give in to BHO. (SMART GOP . . . OK, I know that's a laugher.)

. . . That would make for sure two young justices in the next four years. Maybe not Alito-worthy, but not Sanders policy supporters either . . .

Well, we don't have an Alito replacement yet.

Sure you don't mean Scalia?
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
« Reply #7 on: September 28, 2016, 05:13:43 PM »
Sadly, the Clarence Thomas clones are not yet ready for activation.

But I hear Trump has a list of potential SCOTUS-ready lawyer-critters.
Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #8 on: September 28, 2016, 05:45:39 PM »

Somebody smack me upside the head with a 2x4. Yes, Scalia.

KD5NRH

• friends
  • I'm too sexy for you people.
« Reply #9 on: September 28, 2016, 06:48:52 PM »

Nope.  His Sicilian friends just got the updated copy of Hillary's to-do list for them.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #10 on: September 28, 2016, 07:28:46 PM »
When did you think the starting gate was? 

The Democrats already used the nuclear option in the Senate didn't they?  There is no reason for the Republicans to make any deals beyond stupidity. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #11 on: September 28, 2016, 08:09:45 PM »
The Democrats already used the nuclear option in the Senate didn't they?  There is no reason for the Republicans to make any deals beyond stupidity. 

The Rs have controlled both the House and Senate for several years. There wasn't any reason to make deals during that entire period, beyond stupidity. But ... we're talking about the Republicans here.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

Fitz

• Face-melter
  • friend
  • Floyd Rose is my homeboy
    • My Book
« Reply #12 on: September 28, 2016, 09:12:59 PM »
again the liberals are campaigning for trump
Fitz

---------------
I have reached a conclusion regarding every member of this forum.
I no longer respect any of you. I hope the following offends you as much as this thread has offended me:
You are all awful people. I mean this *expletive deleted*ing seriously.

-MicroBalrog

TechMan

• Administrator
  • Yes, your moderation has been outsourced.
« Reply #13 on: September 28, 2016, 09:59:08 PM »
Somebody smack me upside the head with a 2x4. Yes, Scalia.

Oh...me, me, me!
Hawkmoon - Never underestimate another person's capacity for stupidity. Any time you think someone can't possibly be that dumb ... they'll prove you wrong.

Bacon and Eggs - A day's work for a chicken; A lifetime commitment for a pig.
Stupidity will always be its own reward.
Bad decisions make good stories.

Viking - The problem with the modern world is that there aren't really any predators eating stupid people.

griz

• friend
« Reply #14 on: September 29, 2016, 08:12:30 AM »
The code of conduct for United States judges does not allow a judge to: "make speeches for a political organization or candidate, or publicly endorse or oppose a candidate for public office".

Does anybody know if that literally applies to Supreme Court justices?  There are procedures listed for an official complaint, but they seem to apply to circuit courts and below.  If it does apply, how do I fie a complaint?  I am serious, it seems like a clear violation of the code and I think she should be impeached.  Not because it's Trump, but because it is wrong.
Sent from a stone age computer via an ordinary keyboard.

KD5NRH

• friends
« Reply #15 on: September 29, 2016, 09:43:04 AM »
The code of conduct for United States judges does not allow a judge to: "make speeches for a political organization or candidate, or publicly endorse or oppose a candidate for public office".

Does anybody know if that literally applies to Supreme Court justices?  There are procedures listed for an official complaint, but they seem to apply to circuit courts and below.  If it does apply, how do I fie a complaint?  I am serious, it seems like a clear violation of the code and I think she should be impeached.  Not because it's Trump, but because it is wrong.

We can't even get a trial for an ex-Secretary of State.  What makes you think a SCJ is going to get even a dirty look?

seeker_two

• friend
  • In short, most intelligence is false.
Re:
« Reply #16 on: September 29, 2016, 10:41:42 AM »
Hillary has used a body double before.....I imagine that Ginsburg can be replaced, if necessary
Impressed yet befogged, they grasped at his vivid leading phrases, seeing only their surface meaning, and missing the deeper current of his thought.

KD5NRH

• friends
Re:
« Reply #17 on: September 29, 2016, 11:00:57 AM »
Hillary has used a body double before.

Poor thing; can you imagine if your most marketable aspect was looking like that?

birdman

• friend
Re:
« Reply #18 on: September 29, 2016, 11:39:22 AM »
Hillary has used a body double before.....I imagine that Ginsburg can be replaced, if necessary
The crypt keeper?

TommyGunn

• friend
  • Stuck in full auto since birth.
Re:
« Reply #19 on: September 29, 2016, 12:23:31 PM »
The crypt keeper?

Or IMO something like the thing on the right in this: [tinfoil]
MOLON LABE   "Through ignorance of what is good and what is bad, the life of men is greatly perplexed." ~~ Cicero

griz

• friend
« Reply #20 on: September 29, 2016, 01:06:01 PM »
If you think Justice Ginsburg has violated the code of conduct and should be impeached, please sign this white house petition.  Probably will not work, but we'll see.

https://petitions.whitehouse.gov//petition/impeach-justice-ruth-bader-ginsburg

Fly320s

• friend
  • Formerly, Arthur, King of the Britons
« Reply #21 on: September 29, 2016, 02:40:18 PM »
If you think Justice Ginsburg has violated the code of conduct and should be impeached, please sign this white house petition.  Probably will not work, but we'll see.

Done.
Islamic sex dolls.  Do they blow themselves up?

wmenorr67

• friend
« Reply #22 on: September 29, 2016, 02:42:46 PM »

Done but this needs to pick up some speed.  I was just the 4th person to sign.
There are five things, above all else, that make life worth living: a good relationship with God, a good woman, good health, good friends, and a good cigar.

Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American Soldier.  One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Bacon is the candy bar of meats!

Only the dead have seen the end of war!

griz

• friend
« Reply #23 on: September 29, 2016, 03:50:12 PM »
Done but this needs to pick up some speed.

Please spread as far and wide as you can.  I am going to post it in several more places. 

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
« Reply #24 on: September 29, 2016, 05:15:19 PM »
Highly doubt she'll go through with it.
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”