Author Topic: Rudy Giuliani on whether Barack Obama is qualified to be our president  (Read 2585 times)

GingerGuy

Most Americans respect Rudy Giuliani for his accomplishments.  Here are his comments about Obama's attempt to become our president.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k_LC1pNcFng

Stevie-Ray

Re: Rudy Giuliani on whether Barack Obama is qualified to be our president
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2008, 05:39:14 PM »
Well, I don't agree with Rudy on everything, but he's spot on in this case.
On Sarah Palin.....The screeching moonbats, whose daily lives are a swamp of discontent, fault finding, anger, angst and every other dark emotion embraced by the left, can't stand to see someone who is normal and enjoying life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness.....grampster

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2008, 09:33:08 PM »
It occurs to me that Obama is not a naked emperor who imagines he is splendidly clothed. 

On the contrary, there IS indeed a fine set of imperial robes.  But there is no emperor in those clothes. 
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

MicroBalrog

• friend
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2008, 04:08:30 AM »
Most Americans respect Rudy Giuliani for his accomplishments. 

Who are these mysterious 'most Americans'?

Last time I checked, when he tried to run for anything outside of NYC, he got solidly trounced.
Destroy The Enemy in Hand-to-Hand Combat.

"...tradition and custom becomes intertwined and are a strong coercion which directs the society upon fixed lines, and strangles liberty. " ~ William Graham Sumner

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2008, 04:53:27 AM »
That statement did not say they wanted him as President, just that they respect his accomplishments.  Not the same thing. 

You may have too many languages rattling around up there.   grin

He wouldn't be my favorite candidate either.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Tcb in Tn

« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2008, 02:35:50 PM »
Not a huge fan of Rudy, IMHO opinion his greatest moments were guesting on Saturday Night Live!  grin

But in this case he is spot on!

De Selby

• friend
« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2008, 03:23:11 PM »
Most Americans respect Rudy Giuliani for his accomplishments. 

Who are these mysterious 'most Americans'?

Last time I checked, when he tried to run for anything outside of NYC, he got solidly trounced.

What I remember most about him is that he heartily recommended a gang member for head of our [claimed to be by washington]most important security/intelligence networks.

Of course, that probably hurt his campaign less than putting on a dress and lipstick and serenading Donald Trump, with this electorate.
"Human existence being an hallucination containing in itself the secondary hallucinations of day and night (the latter an insanitary condition of the atmosphere due to accretions of black air) it ill becomes any man of sense to be concerned at the illusory approach of the supreme hallucination known as death."

longeyes

• friend
« Reply #7 on: September 07, 2008, 03:45:41 PM »
Then again Giuliani's key political mentor isn't a guy identified with a group responsible for three dozen terrorist bombings in the U.S.
"Domari nolo."

Thug: What you lookin' at old man?
Walt Kowalski: Ever notice how you come across somebody once in a while you shouldn't have messed with? That's me.

Molon Labe.

De Selby

• friend
« Reply #8 on: September 07, 2008, 04:55:31 PM »
Then again Giuliani's key political mentor isn't a guy identified with a group responsible for three dozen terrorist bombings in the U.S.

Whose is in this election?

Seems to me Giuliani meets or exceeds any "shady connection" standards in this race, what with the racketeering and fraud that went on. 
"Human existence being an hallucination containing in itself the secondary hallucinations of day and night (the latter an insanitary condition of the atmosphere due to accretions of black air) it ill becomes any man of sense to be concerned at the illusory approach of the supreme hallucination known as death."

ilbob

• friend
    • Bob's blog
« Reply #9 on: September 08, 2008, 07:49:19 AM »
Rudy is probably best known for standing tall when NYC really needed it in the aftermath of 9/11.

He is not a perfect person, and is not in my list of top 5 choices to be president, but he said the right things, and did the things that had to be done after that disaster. NYC needed someone with strength and leadership then, and he gave it to them.

Can you imagine the mess if Dinkens had been mayor on 9/11?
bob

Disclaimers: I am not a lawyer, cop, soldier, gunsmith, politician, plumber, electrician, or a professional practitioner of many of the other things I comment on in this forum.

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
« Reply #10 on: September 08, 2008, 09:35:59 AM »

I think this is in reference to BHO's ties to William Ayers of the Weather Underground.
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.