Author Topic: ruh roh  (Read 1888 times)

cassandra and sara's daddy

• friends
ruh roh
« on: August 16, 2012, 07:09:12 PM »
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

by someone older and wiser than I

Jamie B

• friend
  • I am Abynormal
Re: ruh roh
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2012, 04:03:46 PM »
Reverse racism!?  ;/
Greatness lies not in being strong, but in the right use of strength - Henry Ward Beecher

The Almighty tells me He can get me out of this mess, but He’s pretty sure you’re f**ked! - Stephen

cassandra and sara's daddy

• friends
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2012, 04:20:35 PM »
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

by someone older and wiser than I

SADShooter

• friend
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2012, 04:24:38 PM »
The Mayor of Chicago has MORE THAN ELEVEN officers on his security detail? WTFO?
"Ah, is there any wine so sweet and intoxicating as the tears of a hippie?"-Tamara, View From the Porch

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2012, 04:48:29 PM »
The Mayor of Chicago has MORE THAN ELEVEN officers on his security detail? WTFO?

How many are with him at one time, though?  Even cops need days off.
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

SADShooter

• friend
« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2012, 04:55:17 PM »
How many are with him at one time, though?  Even cops need days off.

Sure. 3 shifts of a driver and 2 bodymen would be 9, plus relief/backup. I can see that. The article seemed to imply the 11 were a chunk but not close to the whole complement.
"Ah, is there any wine so sweet and intoxicating as the tears of a hippie?"-Tamara, View From the Porch

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Jamisjockey

• friend
« Reply #7 on: August 17, 2012, 06:28:41 PM »
Sure. 3 shifts of a driver and 2 bodymen would be 9, plus relief/backup. I can see that. The article seemed to imply the 11 were a chunk but not close to the whole complement.

Ah yeah.  He's probably got several plus at least one driver all the time, then figure on a permanent detail at his residence and office.
Unsurprising for a large, high profile city.
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

Monkeyleg

• friend
  • Tattaglia is a pimp.
    • http://www.gunshopfinder.com
« Reply #8 on: August 17, 2012, 07:48:28 PM »
Ah yeah.  He's probably got several plus at least one driver all the time, then figure on a permanent detail at his residence and office.

A former mayor of Milwaukee had two plainclothes officers in the car with him, and two unmarked squads following. He also had a drop-down compartment in the roof of the car that contained two M-16's.

Jamisjockey

• friend
« Reply #9 on: August 17, 2012, 07:56:22 PM »
Which raises a question....when's the last time a mayor has been subjected to an assignation attempt?
JD

SADShooter

• friend
« Reply #10 on: August 17, 2012, 08:31:41 PM »
Which raises a question....when's the last time a mayor has been subjected to an assignation attempt?

I'm guessing most mayoral assignations succeed.  =D That's another perk of a security detail.

ETA: Seriously, '78 Moscone-Milk in SanFran  is the last big city mayoral assassination I can think of.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2012, 08:36:01 PM by SADShooter »

Stand_watie

• friend
« Reply #11 on: August 17, 2012, 09:01:06 PM »

The mayor of Dallas had one plainclothes Dpd officer with him when I saw him at a corporate event circa 2000 (Ron Kirk). It was a low risk appearance in a high rise office building in a tony neighborhood in North Dallas, so might be a lower risk scenario than general life in Chicago, but it struck me as ridiculous that they shut down a freeway for a motorcade in Dallas around the same time period for a President (Prime Minister?) of Ireland when the Mayor of Dallas represents nearly as many people as the entire nation of Ireland and gets one driver/cop. 
Yizkor. Lo Od Pa'am

"You can have my gun when you pry it from my cold dead fingers"

"Never again"

"Malone Labe"

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #12 on: August 17, 2012, 09:07:31 PM »

Now that's definitely a Freudian slip, coming from you.  :lol:

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #13 on: August 17, 2012, 09:08:30 PM »
The mayor of Dallas had one plainclothes Dpd officer with him when I saw him at a corporate event circa 2000 (Ron Kirk). It was a low risk appearance in a high rise office building in a tony neighborhood in North Dallas, so might be a lower risk scenario than general life in Chicago, but it struck me as ridiculous that they shut down a freeway for a motorcade in Dallas around the same time period for a President (Prime Minister?) of Ireland when the Mayor of Dallas represents nearly as many people as the entire nation of Ireland and gets one driver/cop. 

Wouldn't the Irish dude have more to worry about? Being, ya know, Irish?

Azrael256

• friend
« Reply #14 on: August 17, 2012, 09:31:55 PM »

Yeah, I was gonna say.  We have fewer bombings here.  Still have plenty of Irish, though.

Stand_watie

• friend
« Reply #15 on: August 17, 2012, 10:28:00 PM »

He didn't SEEM worried after a couple of drinks. We laughed. We cried. We sang pub songs...
Yizkor. Lo Od Pa'am

"You can have my gun when you pry it from my cold dead fingers"

"Never again"

"Malone Labe"