Author Topic: New Armored Wall System Assembles Like Legos, Could Replace Sandbags in Afghanis  (Read 7352 times)

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
So from the picture above, does this structure have a roof, or are we still going to be worried about grenades being lofted in?

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
and it only costs $800,000....

Worth every penny if the ducks are armed.
Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
Pure win.  That right there can be yanked behind a humvee and erected in an alley or courtyard and used for any myriad of purposes.  How lond did they say it takes to put that up again?
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa

I'll wait until it comes out in the CTD catalog  :lol:
Freedom is a heavy load, a great and strange burden for the spirit to undertake. It is not easy. It is not a gift given, but a choice made, and the choice may be a hard one. The road goes upward toward the light; but the laden traveller may never reach the end of it.  - Ursula Le Guin

PTK

• friends
Pure win.  That right there can be yanked behind a humvee and erected in an alley or courtyard and used for any myriad of purposes.  How lond did they say it takes to put that up again?

A full hour's work for four soldiers.
"Only lucky people grow old." - Frederick L.
September 1915 - August 2008

"If you really do have cancer "this time", then this is your own fault. Like the little boy who cried wolf."

cassandra and sara's daddy

• friends
not in the video it didn't take an hour   but no one was shooting/inspiring em in the vid
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

by someone older and wiser than I

Jamisjockey

• friend
A full hour's work for four soldiers.

Take alot longer than that to fill sandbacks to those dimensions. 
I'm diggin on it (no pun intended). 
Sandbags and hardened emplacements will still have a place in the combat zone I'd imagine, for a very long time, but a portable system like that which only takes an hour to erect?  Pure win in my book.   
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

sanglant

• friend
nah, we can build it on a guerrilla rack chassis for 800 tops, and thats with the battery powered cooler [popcorn]

• friends
http://www.ddmat.com/mccurdy_product.html

the time lapse in this link shows under 10 mins to put it up under controlled conditions with 3 guys.
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

StopTheGrays

• friend
  • bah...
Great if you are on a flat surface...
Does any image illustrate so neatly the wrongheadedness of the Obama administration than Americans scrambling in terror from Air Force One?
Just great…Chicago politics has spread to all 57 states.
They told me if I voted for John McCain, my country would look like it is run by people with a disturbing affinity towards fascism. And they were right!

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
How much do sandbags cost ?  =|

Who cares, we're borrowing all that money from China anyway  :P
Freedom is a heavy load, a great and strange burden for the spirit to undertake. It is not easy. It is not a gift given, but a choice made, and the choice may be a hard one. The road goes upward toward the light; but the laden traveller may never reach the end of it.  - Ursula Le Guin

Hawkmoon

• friend
Be the concept does look interesting.  Once the Marines figure out it's not a great system and stop using it, maybe it'll hit the surplus market at a decent price.  It'd be nice to get rid of the sandbag emplacements in my front yard and replace them with something more visually appealing.  ;)

And that relates to this system ... how? Are you accusing this erector set mess of being "visually appealing"?
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

• friend
And that relates to this system ... how? Are you accusing this erector set mess of being "visually appealing"?

Well, I'd be willing to bet most HOAs would go for this...

rather than this...

Just saying...  :angel:

Jamisjockey

• friend
Great if you are on a flat surface...

Not a perfect system but I can see endless possibilities for its use.
JD

MechAg94

• friend
From the looks of it, does it break down into 2X2 panels?  It almost looks like it.  If it did, it would make it a lot more flexible.  I also didn't firing ports.

I am almost surprised they did rig it up to hang on the sides of a humvee or other vehicle for extra armor. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

• friends
if it goes in theatre how long before somebody figures a way to rig it like that?  or other ways to improve it

MicroBalrog

• friend
if it goes in theatre how long before somebody figures a way to rig it like that?  or other ways to improve it

About 2 minutes if my service is any indication.
Destroy The Enemy in Hand-to-Hand Combat.

"...tradition and custom becomes intertwined and are a strong coercion which directs the society upon fixed lines, and strangles liberty. " ~ William Graham Sumner