Author Topic: Curse of the Black Pearl finally releasing on 4K UHD Blu-Ray  (Read 998 times)

Brad Johnson

• friend
  • Witty, charming, handsome, and completely insane.
Curse of the Black Pearl finally releasing on 4K UHD Blu-Ray
« on: November 11, 2021, 03:12:54 PM »
About damn time, too.

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/pirates-of-the-caribbean-the-curse-of-the-black-pearl-digital-copy-4k-ultra-hd-blu-ray-blu-ray-2003/6487870.p?skuId=6487870

Recently watched it in on Disney+. Crossing my fingers they did a better job mastering the Blu-Ray than they did porting it to the streaming service. I think my 2007-ish DVD set has better picture quality.

Brad
It's all about the pancakes, people.
"And he thought cops wouldn't chase... a STOLEN DONUT TRUCK???? That would be like Willie Nelson ignoring a pickup full of weed."
-HankB

Brad Johnson

• friend
Re: Curse of the Black Pearl finally releasing on 4K UHD Blu-Ray
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2022, 01:43:04 AM »
Update because it's a giant letdown.

This review cover the issues much better than I can.

https://www.blu-ray.com/movies/Pirates-of-the-Caribbean-The-Curse-of-the-Black-Pearl-4K-Blu-ray/303535/#Review

TL:DR version... if you already have the blu-ray, or even the DVD for that matter, don't waste your money. It's better than this piece of cow flop in most every way.

Brad
"And he thought cops wouldn't chase... a STOLEN DONUT TRUCK???? That would be like Willie Nelson ignoring a pickup full of weed."
-HankB

Devonai

• friend
  • Panic Mode Activated
    • Kyrie Devonai Publishing
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2022, 04:03:54 PM »
I had a 4K TV, briefly. It seemed to weird and made me slightly motion sick. I returned it for a 1080p.
My writing blog: Kyrie Devonai Publishing

When in danger, when in doubt, run in circles, scream and shout!

Brad Johnson

• friend
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2022, 05:50:48 PM »
I had a 4K TV, briefly. It seemed to weird and made me slightly motion sick. I returned it for a 1080p.

It wasn't 4k. That's just an issue of pixel density. More likely it was motion smoothing. It makes everything look like crap.

Brad
-HankB