Author Topic: Climate change today  (Read 1059 times)

Kingcreek

• friend
Climate change today
« on: December 25, 2021, 04:40:29 PM »
This morning we went for a walk, my wife planted some tulip bulbs while I picked up sticks in the yard. After lunch I washed the car in the driveway. Wore a sweatshirt and light pants.
25 Dec 2021
Northern Illinois
I hope they take their time solving this global warming thing.
I might wash the Jeep tomorrow.

What we have here is failure to communicate.

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
  • ...shall not be allowed.
Re: Climate change today
« Reply #1 on: December 25, 2021, 06:23:25 PM »
You too can be a perfeshinil climacological expert.

Just take the tempichur from yesterday, subtract it from today's tempichur and multiply that change by 365 to predict the tempichur for 25 December 2022 !

Sample:  65°F testerday, 70°F today is 5° difference.

Times 365 = 1825°F projected change.

Plus today's 70°F = 1895°F projected  tempichur for December 25 2022 AD.

See?  Global warming !  It's a scientifically settled fact !

Very simple, very easy.

Terry, 230RN
WHATEVER YOUR DEFINITION OF "INFRINGE " IS, YOU SHOULDN'T BE DOING IT.

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #2 on: December 25, 2021, 08:50:33 PM »
74.5 today on my weather station here in Louisville.
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

JTHunter

• friends
« Reply #3 on: December 25, 2021, 09:34:19 PM »
Yesterday, St. Louis tied the record set in 1889 of 73o and I was wearing shorts and a T-shirt.

Go figure.
“I have little patience with people who take the Bill of Rights for granted.  The Bill of Rights, contained in the first ten amendments to the Constitution, is every American’s guarantee of freedom.” - - President Harry S. Truman, “Years of Trial and Hope”

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #4 on: December 25, 2021, 11:08:49 PM »
It's after 2300 hours and still 61° here in Hickory, NC.
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

lee n. field

• friend
  • tinpot megalomaniac, Paulbot, hardware goon
« Reply #5 on: December 26, 2021, 09:50:26 AM »
And, back to 26F this morning.

---edit to add--

warmed up enough to hit the range again.  Probably last good day for a while. 
« Last Edit: December 26, 2021, 09:21:40 PM by lee n. field »
In thy presence is fulness of joy.
At thy right hand pleasures for evermore.

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #6 on: December 26, 2021, 09:56:49 AM »
Local rag screaming Climate Change!
It's a one day record.
We've only been keeping accurate daily records for a little over 100 year on a 4.6 billion year old planet.
CC alarmists hate it when I point that out.
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

Bogie

• friend
  • Hunkered in South St. Louis, right by Route 66
    • Third Rate Pundit
« Reply #7 on: December 26, 2021, 10:45:32 PM »
And St. Louis weather is about to turn badword.

Tomorrow I need to try to fix my damn car's damn thermostat... Which seems to be designed to encourage cussing.
Blog under construction

HankB

• friend
« Reply #8 on: December 27, 2021, 10:55:39 AM »
I worked with a guy who was a climate-change fanatic - although then it was "global warming." We'd set a record high, and he'd say "Global Warming" . . . and mean it.

SO . . . every day we DIDN'T set a new high temperature record, I told him "Hey, it looks like we DIDN'T set a record high yesterday - seems like global warming is under control."    :rofl:

I also asked him once if it was emissions from Fred Flintstone's SUV that caused the glaciers to melt 10 or 20 thousand years ago. His response was . . . rude.  =D
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

Northwoods

• friend
  • Formerly sumpnz
« Reply #9 on: December 27, 2021, 01:26:24 PM »
We got a white Christmas.  And the low this morning was 5F.  Never seen it quite that cold in the past 11 years at this property.  Seen 9 before, but not 5, and that was 4-6 years ago.  Before that, maybe 11-12F.
Formerly sumpnz

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #10 on: December 27, 2021, 05:09:34 PM »
My sister posted pictures to the Book of Faces showing snow in her back yard in Lake Oswego, OR.
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

JTHunter

• friends
« Reply #11 on: December 27, 2021, 10:48:33 PM »
According to the news reports, some of the higher elevations in the Sierra Nevadas might get over 2 feet.
The ski resorts are happy.  The water companies are hopeful.
“I have little patience with people who take the Bill of Rights for granted.  The Bill of Rights, contained in the first ten amendments to the Constitution, is every American’s guarantee of freedom.” - - President Harry S. Truman, “Years of Trial and Hope”

Kingcreek

• friend
« Reply #12 on: December 28, 2021, 10:09:21 AM »
Climate change is real!
2 and 3 days ago I was washing vehicles in the driveway.
Today I had rock coming for the drive in and around the barn, first 15 tons of 35 or 3 tandom loads. I had the loader tractor warming up and it started snowing. 1st load dumped and the driver said probably no more loads today due to road conditions. I got about half of it spread before it was snowing so hard I could not see my level indicators so I put the tractor away and quit.
Looks like maybe a fire in the fireplace and help the wife take down the Christmas tree.

JTHunter

• friends
« Reply #13 on: January 02, 2022, 09:29:25 PM »
Yesterday (1/1/22) was so wet and miserable, I had my first cup of hot tea for both the winter season AND the year.
Today, with a high of only 24 (and single digit WC) I had my first fire in the fireplace, also for the season and the year.

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #14 on: January 02, 2022, 10:37:58 PM »
Sunday here was 52 degrees. The forecast for Monday is for a high of 25.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

Bogie

• friend
    • Third Rate Pundit
« Reply #15 on: January 02, 2022, 11:48:33 PM »
I think it is going to be around 10 degrees here in STL tonight. People are blathering about how it has NEVER been this cold.

Except that, well, last year, I think we hit about 10 below...
Blog under construction

Kingcreek

• friend
« Reply #16 on: January 03, 2022, 09:11:07 AM »
We are back to “normal” winter temps here again. Few degrees below 0 last night and high of 21 today. Certainly manageable with just the inconvenient extra layer of clothing.

Lennyjoe

• friend
« Reply #17 on: January 03, 2022, 10:29:51 AM »
My winter skiing is suffering from the warm temps.  =|

Thankfully the temps are dropping enough to support snow making at our local slopes.  Hopefully I can get out this weekend and break the rust off my joints on the smaller runs we have here in SW Ohio. 

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #18 on: January 03, 2022, 11:16:35 AM »
We had a brief period of snow this morning.  Zero accumulation.  All rain now.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #19 on: January 03, 2022, 11:21:46 AM »
We were enjoying global warming with 85 degree temps last week.  It was in the 70's Saturday evening and then temps dropped to the 30 or 32 yesterday morning.  40 or 45 degree swing.  Warming back up a bit tomorrow.  Normal winter weather for the Texas Gulf Coast.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #20 on: January 03, 2022, 01:19:30 PM »
We had a brief period of snow this morning.  Zero accumulation.  All rain now.

And now it's a beautiful sunny day, albeit a chilly one at 41°.

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #21 on: January 03, 2022, 01:29:16 PM »
Sunday here was 52 degrees. The forecast for Monday is for a high of 25.

It was miserable here Sunday.  Low 80's and muggy.  The front that is given you all snow came through today and it's 65 and windy, but that's still kinda high for Jan. We're having a warm winter so far.

Last year though, it was cool and comfortable into May, which is very rare.

lee n. field

• friend
  • tinpot megalomaniac, Paulbot, hardware goon
« Reply #22 on: January 03, 2022, 01:57:19 PM »
We are back to “normal” winter temps here again. Few degrees below 0 last night and high of 21 today. Certainly manageable with just the inconvenient extra layer of clothing.

-2 on the tablet weather thingee about 7:30 this morn.  15 on the laptop's weather thingee now, at mid day.  So, perfectly normal January weather.
In thy presence is fulness of joy.
At thy right hand pleasures for evermore.

Cliffh

• friend
« Reply #23 on: January 08, 2022, 07:56:03 PM »
With no evidence to back it up, seems to me that over the last hand full of years the winters here have sort of rotated around the calendar.  Where it used to be full on winter in Dec, now it's more into Jan before winter really sets in.

Bogie

• friend
    • Third Rate Pundit
« Reply #24 on: January 08, 2022, 08:21:40 PM »
Evidence of global warming. This morning, at about 0600, it was around 20 degrees. As the day grew longer, it was close to 40 degrees by 1500.

IT GOT WARMER!!!!
Blog under construction