Author Topic: Armslist is pretty much useless now  (Read 550 times)

Lennyjoe

• friend
Armslist is pretty much useless now
« on: January 05, 2022, 08:41:52 PM »
Not only are they wanting you to upgrade to “premium” to list stuff, as a shopper I had to push through 37 pages just to get out of the “premium vendor” advertisements to get back to the local stuff.  As far as local stuff, crap is still overpriced but can find an “occasional “ opportunities.

bedlamite

• Hold my beer and watch this!
  • friend
  • Ack! PLBTTPHBT!
Re: Armslist is pretty much useless now
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2022, 09:25:27 PM »
r I had to push through 37 pages just to get out of the “premium vendor” advertisements to get back to the local stuff.

You can choose to turn on or off both "premium vendor" and "private party". Other than that, I pretty much agree. Not gonna log in to see ridiculous prices,
A plan is just a list of things that doesn't happen.
Is defenestration possible through the overton window?

Andiron

• friend
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2022, 09:59:49 PM »
I've dutifully paid the 6 bucks per month in an effort to support them,  as I valued the site.  Doesn't seem like too many other folks did.  It's mostly "premium" vendors, optimistic morons and the " I know what i've got, sonny" types.
"Leftism destroys everything good." -  Ron

There is no fixing stupid. But, you can line it up in front of a wall and offer it a last smoke.

There is no such thing as a "transgender" person.  Only mental illness that should be discouraged.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2022, 08:59:26 AM »
There is a local site that is mostly Texas Gulf Coast people I visit occasionally.  It is a fishing site, but has an active buy/sell forum for guns and hunting.  It isn't that much different than what you are describing.  The most common overpriced stuff I remember are custom AR's made by some local gun shop with a mix of parts.  The main thing is that reasonably priced firearms sell quickly and the other stuff languishes until the owner drops the price.  I haven't visited Armslist much, but I am assuming it is similar. 

In my experience, Pawn Shops are similar.  Mostly stuff is either overpriced or crap.  The occasional good deal doesn't last long. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2022, 09:06:47 AM »
There is a local site that is mostly Texas Gulf Coast people I visit occasionally.  It is a fishing site, but has an active buy/sell forum for guns and hunting.  It isn't that much different than what you are describing.  The most common overpriced stuff I remember are custom AR's made by some local gun shop with a mix of parts.  The main thing is that reasonably priced firearms sell quickly and the other stuff languishes until the owner drops the price.  I haven't visited Armslist much, but I am assuming it is similar. 

In my experience, Pawn Shops are similar.  Mostly stuff is either overpriced or crap.  The occasional good deal doesn't last long.

I see people posting about deals they found in a pawn shop when all I've ever found is over priced beat up junk often priced higher than I can buy it new for.

"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

Lennyjoe

• friend
« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2022, 09:09:39 AM »
Yea the button to shut off the premium vendor helps for sure.  I find an occasional deal but can’t get ahold of the seller unless they put a cryptic email address/phone number or I pay the fee to upgrade. 

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2022, 09:59:39 AM »
I see people posting about deals they found in a pawn shop when all I've ever found is over priced beat up junk often priced higher than I can buy it new for.
Most of it is exactly that.  If I had to guess, I would say the times I saw something worth buying was one visit in 100.  Mostly it was because the person I was eating lunch with liked to drop by one after lunch.  I may have bought stuff 2 times in 5 years.  In the event I have nothing better to do, I like to drop in on pawn shops to see what guns they have.  90% of the time, I am leaving in less than 5 minutes. 

Only once can I say I got a screaming deal (surplus 308 ammo from some local estate sale).  I have a S&W 7-shot 357 revolver I got another time.  Not a great deal, but decent and glad I own it. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge