Main Forums > The Roundtable

Best Circular Saw for under $75

<< < (2/3) > >>

Larry Ashcraft:
When you buy a circular saw you are buying bearings.  The more and better the bearings, the more expensive the saw.  I have a Bosch that I really like.

Don't know anything about the cordless ones though.

Wedge:
I was planning on getting a 7.25" (standard size) saw.

I have a Black and Decker 24V cordless and it is pretty weak...Black and Decker doesn't make good stuff.

Schuey2002:
>>"Just bought a new Craftsman lawn mower the other day."

jamz:
Another $35 or so gets you into the Porter Cable territory.  Maybe it's all the ads that used to be on This Old House, but I like Porter Cable stuff.

Back when I was into woodworking, there used to be a rule of thumb that craftsman hand tools were great, but their power tools were like lorcins.

Love, James

Fly320s:

--- Quote ---How's the power on that saw? Does it cut through hard woods? My friend brought over a cordless Black and Decker (*shiver*) when he was helping me build my fence and it seemed to have trouble just getting through some of the wood...then again it was a Black and Decker and I'm pretty sure it wasn't 24v so those things could have something to do with it. I need a circular saw and I'm interested in cordless but I'm kinda worried about cutting power.
The power is very good.  I had no trouble ripping through 3/4 inch plywood, which is all I've used it on so far.

My tools came as a set: Circular saw, drill, recip saw, light, and charger.  It was a gift, so I never had a chance to compare it to other tools.  Even though these worf great I still prefer corded tools.  Having to charge batteries bugs me.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version