Author Topic: .50-caliber sniper rifle failed during a firefight? LINK WORKS NOW  (Read 1064 times)

gunsmith

• I forgot to get vaccinated!
  • friend
  • I'm sorry, Dave. I'm afraid I can't do that.
A Marine's .50-caliber sniper rifle failed during a firefight ‐ so he called customer service
The Barrett M107 .50-caliber long-range sniper rifle is a firearm made for the modern war on terrorism. Officially adopted by the U.S. Army in 2002 and boasting a 2,000-meter range, a suppressor-ready muzzle brake, and recoil-minimizing design, the semi-automatic offers "greater range and lethality against personnel and materiel targets than other sniper systems in the U.S. inventory," according to an assessment by Military.com.

http://www.businessinsider.com/marines-m107-sniper-rifle-failed-during-firefight-so-he-called-customer-service-2017-4

http://www.businessinsider.com/marines-m107-sniper-rifle-failed-during-firefight-so-he-called-customer-service-2017-4
« Last Edit: April 26, 2017, 12:33:56 PM by gunsmith »
Politicians and bureaucrats are considered productive if they swarm the populace like a plague of locust, devouring all substance in their path and leaving a swath of destruction like a firestorm. The technical term is "bipartisanship".
Rocket Man: "The need for booster shots for the immunized has always been based on the science.  Political science, not medical science."

Hawkmoon

• friend
Thanks for a link I can't read.

Archived material is restricted to Rantburg regulars and members.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

gunsmith

• friend
oh shoot!
sorry, I wonder why I can see it? I am not logged into rantburg - i forgot my username and password a long time ago.
I'll try to correct that, sorry
Politicians and bureaucrats are considered productive if they swarm the populace like a plague of locust, devouring all substance in their path and leaving a swath of destruction like a firestorm. The technical term is "bipartisanship".
Rocket Man: "The need for booster shots for the immunized has always been based on the science.  Political science, not medical science."

gunsmith

• friend

griz

• friend
Re: .50-caliber sniper rifle failed during a firefight? LINK WORKS NOW
« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2017, 04:45:09 PM »
That's pretty cool.  I hope if I need customer service while being shot at that I get somebody who is half as helpful.
Sent from a stone age computer via an ordinary keyboard.

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2017, 05:15:43 PM »
Which part of a .50-cal rifle is "the ears"?  ???
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

HankB

• friend
« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2017, 05:56:29 PM »
Not a rifle problem - an end user's incompetent gunsmith problem.

Incompetent gunsmiths have been buggering up PLENTY of fine, fully functional weapons for generations.
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

KD5NRH

• friends
  • I'm too sexy for you people.
« Reply #7 on: April 26, 2017, 06:10:06 PM »

The part that makes it not fire consistently when bent up.

gunsmith

• friend
« Reply #8 on: April 26, 2017, 07:52:58 PM »

its located near the electrolytes and s%#t