Author Topic: Assaulted - The Fight To Bear-Arms- front line for gun rights- please support!!  (Read 2272 times)

gunsmith

• I forgot to get vaccinated!
  • friend
  • I'm sorry, Dave. I'm afraid I can't do that.
http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/assaulted/assaulted

Assaulted - The Fight To Bear Arms

When the subject of California’s gun control laws are discussed, rarely are they associated with the civil rights movement and the quest for equal rights for all. This film will compare the historical aspects of gun control targeting the indigenous tribes of North America and emancipated slaves through the Jim Crow era to today’s laws that favor elitists and denies the rights guaranteed by the 2nd Amendment to the most vulnerable in our society.

The film takes a critical look at the original intent of the current California guns laws in contrast with crime and murder statistics before and since their implementation; and compares these laws to those of the adjacent states. Story threads also look at the myriad of concealed carry permitting processes across the state to illustrate that not all residents are treated equal.
Politicians and bureaucrats are considered productive if they swarm the populace like a plague of locust, devouring all substance in their path and leaving a swath of destruction like a firestorm. The technical term is "bipartisanship".
Rocket Man: "The need for booster shots for the immunized has always been based on the science.  Political science, not medical science."

Matthew Carberry

• Formerly carebear
  • friend
  • Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
Did my part with a pledge.
"Not all unwise laws are unconstitutional laws, even where constitutional rights are potentially involved." - Eugene Volokh

"As for affecting your movement, your Rascal should be able to achieve the the same speeds no matter what holster rig you are wearing."

gunsmith

• friend
Did my part with a pledge.

Thanks, I posted the HHI in calguns  and was asked to wait until the documentary was funded, it seems like a worthwhile project to me so I thought "why not promote that too?" CA has a huge number of gun owners and activist, if we win there, we win everywhere.

You're awesome Matthew!
Politicians and bureaucrats are considered productive if they swarm the populace like a plague of locust, devouring all substance in their path and leaving a swath of destruction like a firestorm. The technical term is "bipartisanship".
Rocket Man: "The need for booster shots for the immunized has always been based on the science.  Political science, not medical science."

CypherNinja

• friend
Pledged.  :cool:
“Fear of death increases in exact proportion to increase in wealth,” Hemingway once said. Today, many of us have become rich in the currency of cowardice. We have so many things and so few experiences. We are desperate to live as long as possible, not as large as possible. We are so afraid to say goodbye to the world that we never say hello.
-Marty Beckerman (from a Wired article of all things)

Matthew Carberry

• Formerly carebear
  • friend
  • Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
They made their nut, still time to help defray the Kickstarter commission and upgrade the cold cuts on the craft services table. =)
"Not all unwise laws are unconstitutional laws, even where constitutional rights are potentially involved." - Eugene Volokh

"As for affecting your movement, your Rascal should be able to achieve the the same speeds no matter what holster rig you are wearing."

gunsmith

• friend
GREAT!

I expect this to be a great documentary,  hopefully we get Romney in to appoint a good SCOTUS Judge or two and in a few yrs we get rid of AWB once and for all, as well as nat reciprocity.

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
And national reciprocity.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

CypherNinja

• friend
My DVD of this arrived today.  :cool: [ar15]

Haven't watched it yet...
“Fear of death increases in exact proportion to increase in wealth,” Hemingway once said. Today, many of us have become rich in the currency of cowardice. We have so many things and so few experiences. We are desperate to live as long as possible, not as large as possible. We are so afraid to say goodbye to the world that we never say hello.
-Marty Beckerman (from a Wired article of all things)

vaskidmark

• National Anthem Snob
  • friends
  • WTF?
Waiting patiently for mine.  Thank goodness USPS is "essential".

stay safe.
If cowardly and dishonorable men sometimes shoot unarmed men with army pistols or guns, the evil must be prevented by the penitentiary and gallows, and not by a general deprivation of a constitutional privilege.

Hey you kids!! Get off my lawn!!!

They keep making this eternal vigilance thing harder and harder.  Protecting the 2nd amendment is like playing PACMAN - there's no pause button so you can go to the bathroom.

gunsmith

• friend
And national reciprocity.

maybe I should make that my sig  ;)

Waiting patiently for mine.  Thank goodness USPS is "essential".

stay safe.
that's great-it opened in cali 2 weeks or so ago but i missed it--cant wait to see it...
BTW I had nothing to do with it other than being an early cheerleader.

TechMan

• Administrator
  • Yes, your moderation has been outsourced.
Talk about a necro-thread.
Hawkmoon - Never underestimate another person's capacity for stupidity. Any time you think someone can't possibly be that dumb ... they'll prove you wrong.

Bacon and Eggs - A day's work for a chicken; A lifetime commitment for a pig.
Stupidity will always be its own reward.
Bad decisions make good stories.

Viking - The problem with the modern world is that there aren't really any predators eating stupid people.

AZRedhawk44

• friends
Talk about a necro-thread.

Yeah, but at least it's good to see that a kickstarter campaign actually followed through with something.
"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain - that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist."
--Lysander Spooner

I reject your authoritah!

freakazoid

• friend
Just pre-ordered. :cool:
"so I ended up getting the above because I didn't want to make a whole production of sticking something between my knees and cranking. To me, the cranking on mine is pretty effortless, at least on the coarse setting. Maybe if someone has arthritis or something, it would be more difficult for them." - Ben

"I see a rager at least once a week." - brimic

DustinD

• I have a title
  • friends
  • I have a personal text message
I saw it in theatres, it was pretty good.
"I don't always shoot defenceless women in the face, but when I do, I prefer H-S Precision.

Stay bloodthirsty, my friends."

- Lon Horiuchi

freakazoid

• friend
Came in earlier today. Haven't watched it yet but probably will tomorrow.
"so I ended up getting the above because I didn't want to make a whole production of sticking something between my knees and cranking. To me, the cranking on mine is pretty effortless, at least on the coarse setting. Maybe if someone has arthritis or something, it would be more difficult for them." - Ben

freakazoid

• friend
Watched it recently. It was pretty good. It's nice to have everything laid out like that.