Author Topic: FedEx caves  (Read 600 times)

Hawkmoon

• friend
FedEx caves
« on: October 31, 2018, 10:43:19 AM »
https://www.reuters.com/article/us-fedex-nra-breakingviews/breakingviews-exclusive-fedex-drops-nra-deal-by-snail-mail-idUSKCN1N425N

FedEX is ending its discount program for NRA business members, effective 4 November. The author of this article seems to come from a fairly blatantly anti-gun perspective so it's difficult to know what the real reason is for the change of position by FedEx, but the bottom line is that it isn't good.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
Re: FedEx caves
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2018, 10:46:40 AM »
Not sure if it's accurate, but a blurb I heard on the teevee this morning said they dropped a bunch of companies that weren't using the discount much, and the NRA was one of them.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Brad Johnson

• friend
  • Witty, charming, handsome, and completely insane.
Re: FedEx caves
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2018, 05:12:05 PM »
From what I can tell, a bunch of companies are hopping on the "apolitical affiliation" bandwagon by dropping all discount programs regardless which side of the aisle they land on. If it's unilateral, I'm good with that. If I were in business I would want the appearance of an apolitical stance if, for no other reason, just to not have to deal with the social media fallout every time someone's customer-appreciation freebie was misconstrued.

Brad
It's all about the pancakes, people.
"And he thought cops wouldn't chase... a STOLEN DONUT TRUCK???? That would be like Willie Nelson ignoring a pickup full of weed."
-HankB