Author Topic: fistful's hypothetical legislation - # 342  (Read 2464 times)

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
  • APS's Resident Sikh/Muslim
Re: fistful's hypothetical legislation - # 342
« Reply #25 on: July 19, 2017, 09:48:25 PM »

How dare you question the political viability of my hypothetical legislation?!

Because I sit through the sad reality of government meetings almost monthly now.
Iowa- 88% more livable that the rest of the US

Uranus is a gas giant.

Team 444: Member# 536

RoadKingLarry

• friends
Re: fistful's hypothetical legislation - # 342
« Reply #26 on: July 19, 2017, 10:13:27 PM »
Prepared food, raw food, no difference, it gets taxed, even farmers market vendors are required to collect sales tax applicable to the jurisdiction they are selling in. "On Farm" sales however are not taxed.
Basically Oklahoma expects sales tax to be collected anytime goods of any kind are exchanged even flea markets and yard sales.
They are really going after internet sales tax collection of late. Amazon has caved and collects taxes. Only problem is they collect taxes applicable to the city closest to me but I do not actually live inside city limits so should not be hit for the city sales tax, only county and state.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams