Author Topic: Georgia Election Results  (Read 1886 times)

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
Georgia Election Results
« on: January 05, 2021, 07:49:26 PM »
So far both dems are ahead by double digits.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
Re: Georgia Election Results
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2021, 07:52:49 PM »
They'll be ahead by triple digits by morning
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

Andiron

• friend
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2021, 08:59:24 PM »
Fraud worked last time,  without consequences.  No incentive for them to not go for broke this time.
"Leftism destroys everything good." -  Ron

There is no fixing stupid. But, you can line it up in front of a wall and offer it a last smoke.

There is no such thing as a "transgender" person.  Only mental illness that should be discouraged.

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2021, 09:32:48 PM »
GOP leading both races as of 9:31pm EST.  Very slim leads, but leads.

Perhaps results from the Dem-heavy urban areas got reported first?
""If you elect me, your taxes are going to be raised, not cut."
                         - master strategist Joe Biden

Northwoods

• friend
  • Formerly sumpnz
« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2021, 12:42:39 AM »
GOP leading both races as of 9:31pm EST.  Very slim leads, but leads.

Perhaps results from the Dem-heavy urban areas got reported first?

The Rs really need to learn to refuse to report vote totals from their strongholds until the Ds report from theirs.  That way the Ds can’t so easily manufacturer juuussst enough votes to put the person over the top.
Formerly sumpnz

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
  • ...shall not be allowed.
« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2021, 03:32:00 AM »
^ Good point.  Doubtful the R's will "get it," though.  The RNC is not very good at "clever."  Also not very good at fast response time.

We needed Trump badly.  Too bad he couldn't go for two.  Too bad the grand old party was too old and stodgy to fully support him.

<snif>
« Last Edit: January 06, 2021, 03:45:49 AM by 230RN »
WHATEVER YOUR DEFINITION OF "INFRINGE " IS, YOU SHOULDN'T BE DOING IT.

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2021, 04:46:38 AM »
Seems like as of the morning after AP is calling  the special election for Warnock (D) 50.6% to 49.4% for Loeffler (R)

The regular election is stands at Ossoff (D) leading 50.1% to Perdue's (R) 49.9%.

Make of that what you will.

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #7 on: January 06, 2021, 07:34:31 AM »
Was there ever any doubt the Democrats were going to cheat in this election?  The election officials telegraphed that fact when they said the outcome would not be known until after 3:00 AM.  Same game plan as the last election.
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

HankB

• friend
« Reply #8 on: January 06, 2021, 08:30:05 AM »
Was there ever any doubt the Democrats were going to cheat in this election?  The election officials telegraphed that fact when they said the outcome would not be known until after 3:00 AM.  Same game plan as the last election.
When they announced a blue county in SE Georgia was knocking off the vote counting at 10 or 11 o'clock, my first reaction was "Here we go again - wonder how many D votes they're going to cook up."

When I heard a Federal judge who just happened to be Stacy Abrams' own sister was going to rule in a case directly bearing on election conduct - a case in which Stacy Abrams' own organization was involved - and she refused to recuse herself, I thought, "The fix was in."

And of course, you can also point your finger at Georgia's alleged "Republican" governor Kemp. He had plenty of time to call a special session of the legislature to exercise its Constitutional prerogative to (for example) require bipartisan signature verification on mail-in ballots. This was suggested MANY times by MANY people, but he stubbornly refused to even consider it.

He's either abysmally stupid, utterly corrupt, or was blackmailed. Maybe all three.

Historians may call this period the last gasp of the American Republic. (Maybe I should write a book with that title)  :mad:
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #9 on: January 06, 2021, 08:40:34 AM »
Maybe I'm being a premature pessimist, but it looks like this is all she wrote. We had a chance - a small chance if both seats went R. With even just one seat going D, we're screwed, given the several Rs that will most always cross the aisle on stuff like gun control. It now only takes one RINO.

We can only hope for what often happens in two years - both house and senate strongly flip to R. That's not even a sure thing anymore.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #10 on: January 06, 2021, 08:45:36 AM »
And Decision Desk HQ just called both races for the Ds.

Boomhauer

• Former Moderator, fired for embezzlement and abuse of power
  • friends
« Reply #11 on: January 06, 2021, 08:48:19 AM »
We are so *expletive deleted*ed

See y’all in the unemployment line. I expect layoffs at my company within a year or so. We are pretty much dependent on the housing market and industrial construction. Diesel going up is going to hurt already thin margins on everybody from the builders to the quarries and the loggers plus the truckers that move everything.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2021, 09:14:29 AM by Boomhauer »
Quote from: Ben
Holy hell. It's like giving a loaded gun to a chimpanzee...

Quote from: bluestarlizzard
the last thing you need is rabies. You're already angry enough as it is.

OTOH, there wouldn't be a tweeker left in Georgia...

Quote from: Balog
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! AND THROW SOME STEAK ON THE GRILL!

Jim147

• friends
« Reply #12 on: January 06, 2021, 09:10:01 AM »
Gas up ten cents this morning.
Sometimes we carry more weight then we owe.
And sometimes goes on and on and on.

BAH-WEEP-GRAAAGHNAH WHEEP NI-NI BONG

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
  • ...shall not be allowed.
« Reply #13 on: January 06, 2021, 09:19:58 AM »
Maybe I'm being a premature pessimist, but it looks like this is all she wrote. We had a chance - a small chance if both seats went R. With even just one seat going D, we're screwed, given the several Rs that will most always cross the aisle on stuff like gun control. It now only takes one RINO.

We can only hope for what often happens in two years - both house and senate strongly flip to R. That's not even a sure thing anymore.

Nope, sure ain't.  Not with their PR and bullhorn power anymore.  Someone on this board remarked that we may have seen the last Republican President ever. It's gonna be like 50 + 217 + 2  =  270 bully pulpits. More or less.  And it will be hard to undo 2 years' worth of leftist damage... it's hard to undo any laws.

Sigh.

Well, I've done my damndest to push the pendulum back to the right.  I may change my avatar to a fuzzy prettily-maned unicorn.

How's this one?  Facing left, of course.

Terry

« Last Edit: January 06, 2021, 09:34:21 AM by 230RN »
WHATEVER YOUR DEFINITION OF "INFRINGE " IS, YOU SHOULDN'T BE DOING IT.

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #14 on: January 06, 2021, 09:39:19 AM »
Gas up ten cents this morning.

$10 here we come
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #15 on: January 06, 2021, 09:44:59 AM »
With as close as these numbers are, I have to wonder how many of the D voters actually live in Hollywood, San Francisco, and NYC? Georgia talked tough about investigating the "change of address" votes, but it seems to me it was no more than lip service. It looks like just 50,000 people doing this would be more than enough to give the D win.

With the big publicity push the left did regarding changing residency, along with sending out step by step instructions, 50,000 is possibly a conservative estimate of progressives who did this.

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #16 on: January 06, 2021, 09:46:30 AM »
The MSM sure love the word "historic"
Yeah, The Fall of the Roman Empire was historic
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #17 on: January 06, 2021, 10:03:50 AM »
Think if 300,000 R only "lost" votes suddenly popped up they would cry foul ?
- Calvin and Hobbes

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #18 on: January 06, 2021, 10:37:39 AM »
Voting our way out of the globalist mess we find ourselves in was always a long shot.

For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

Lennyjoe

• friend
« Reply #19 on: January 06, 2021, 12:24:18 PM »
Looks like their gonna take the Senate too.  Things re gonna get interesting

fifth_column

• friend
« Reply #20 on: January 06, 2021, 12:57:28 PM »
And we all know the definition of "interesting" . . . . . .

Power concedes nothing without a demand. It never did and it never will... The limits of tyrants are prescribed by the endurance of those whom they oppress. ― Frederick Douglass

No American citizen should be willing to accept a government that uses its power against its own people.  -  Catherine Engelbrecht

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #21 on: January 06, 2021, 01:00:43 PM »
And we all know the definition of "interesting" . . . . . .

We're going to learn the Chinese definition, good and hard.
For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #22 on: January 06, 2021, 03:16:42 PM »
The MSM sure love the word "historic"
Yeah, The Fall of the Roman Empire was historic
Are we at the Fall of the Roman Empire point or just the Fall of the Roman Republic? 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Jim147

• friends
« Reply #23 on: January 06, 2021, 05:02:39 PM »
Well did the democrats just become god kings?
Sometimes we carry more weight then we owe.
And sometimes goes on and on and on.

BAH-WEEP-GRAAAGHNAH WHEEP NI-NI BONG

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #24 on: January 06, 2021, 05:05:34 PM »
Well did the democrats just become god kings?

No, not just. They're only now coming out of the closet.