Author Topic: dumb leftists, Tall Ships edition  (Read 2076 times)

Andiron

• friend
dumb leftists, Tall Ships edition
« on: August 03, 2017, 10:13:12 PM »
Every summer, various tall ships visit the north coast of Ohio.  Two years ago we celebrated the bicentennial of Perry's victory on lake Erie with the US brig Niagara.  Really cool to go see.  Anyhow,  the Nina and Pinta are regulars to our shores as well.  This weekend,  the usual suspects have decided to go bitch about them for the usual stupid reasons.

http://www.chroniclet.com/Local-News/2017/08/03/Protest-planned-in-Lorain-over-Columbus-ship-replicas.html

I'm sorely tempted to go troll them with the "free blankets" guy in that articles' comments.
"Leftism destroys everything good." -  Ron

There is no fixing stupid. But, you can line it up in front of a wall and offer it a last smoke.

There is no such thing as a "transgender" person.  Only mental illness that should be discouraged.

Hawkmoon

• friend
Re: dumb leftists, Tall Ships edition
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2017, 10:58:32 PM »
“We’re going to go there and show them that we don’t appreciate this and we’re dead set against this,” said Philip Yenyo, director The American Indian Movement of Ohio. “These ships represent the coming of genocide to our people and I think they shouldn’t be coming around here unless it’s of course to tell the true history of Columbus of what he did and why he came here.”

Dammit!

I'm 73 years old, and I'm only just finding out that what I was taught in the 7th grade was a lie. All these years I've believed that Columbus landed in the West Indies, and now I find out he actually landed in Ohio!

I just don't know what to believe any more ...
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2017, 11:36:52 PM »
Yep, Sailed his three ships straight up the St. Lawrence Seaway, and bought all of Ohio for a bunch of smallpox infected blankets, $24 in beads, while taking all the beaver pelts after he massacred all the Indians at Wounded Knee and Little Big Horn .

It's all right there in history.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2017, 02:04:35 PM by Amy Schumer »
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2017, 11:55:22 PM »
Yep, Sailed his three ships straight up the St. Lawrence Seaway, and bought all of Ohio for a bunch of smallpox infected blankets, $24 in beads, while taking all the beaver pelts after he massacred all the Indians at Wound Knee and Little Big Horn .

It's all right there in history.

You forgot the part where he refused to call the First Nation transgender vegans by the correct pronouns. While wearing a MAGA hat.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2017, 12:07:18 AM »

You forgot the part where he refused to call the First Nation transgender vegans by the correct pronouns. While wearing a MAGA hat.

The picture of that is in the History books.
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
Re:
« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2017, 12:31:19 PM »
Will they be flying Confederate flags?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #6 on: August 04, 2017, 04:09:00 PM »
About a dozen people are expected Friday for a protest of the replicas of ships used by Christopher Columbus docked at Black River Landing this weekend.
Does "about a dozen people" really count as a protest? 

I guess that is more than I saw protesting the last NRA convention in Houston.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #7 on: August 04, 2017, 04:46:59 PM »
As long as they're having anachronistic ships in the harbor, how about the ships' crews form a press gang, and round up the unemployed rabble (you know, like the kind of people that participate in stupid protests).

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #8 on: August 04, 2017, 05:30:02 PM »

I thought that happened during his second trip when his crew brought syphilis over.
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #9 on: August 04, 2017, 06:31:20 PM »
I thought that happened during his second trip when his crew brought syphilis over.

Are you slut-shaming his crew, or victim-blaming the women? Or both?

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #10 on: August 04, 2017, 08:35:27 PM »
Are you slut-shaming his crew, or victim-blaming the women? Or both?

I am never PC.  Going for the twofer.
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

Andiron

• friend
« Reply #11 on: August 04, 2017, 09:08:11 PM »
I am never PC.  Going for the twofer.

Go big or go home.

There is no fixing stupid. But, you can line it up in front of a wall and offer it a last smoke.

There is no such thing as a "transgender" person.  Only mental illness that should be discouraged.

Andiron

• friend
Re:
« Reply #12 on: August 04, 2017, 09:10:51 PM »
Will they be flying Confederate flags?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

You only think you're being funny...

http://www.chroniclet.com/news/2015/08/28/Democrats-protest-Confederate-flag.html

Our County Commissioners (Dems all)  have boycotted the county fair for the past few years because they hate the first amendment.  Apparently there's some part about not having to see things one finds offensive that I missed.   But they're totally cool with rainbow flags everywhere,  just no flags from history.  Because feelings.

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #13 on: August 07, 2017, 08:34:47 AM »
No, I know I'm being ironic/sarcastic.

"The Lorain County Democratic Party shut down its booth at the Lorain County Fair on Thursday to protest the Fair Board’s decision to allow the sale and display of the Confederate flag at the fairgrounds."

So, a real win-win situation all around.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

French G.

• friend
  • ohhh sparkles!
« Reply #14 on: August 07, 2017, 10:35:38 AM »
The real reason shot ovens and grapeshot were invented, just need a seaside sjw enclave to macroagress on.
AKA Navy Joe   

I'm so contrarian that I didn't respond to the thread.

Andiron

• friend
« Reply #15 on: August 07, 2017, 05:12:31 PM »
The real reason shot ovens and grapeshot were invented, just need a seaside sjw enclave to macroagress on.

Most of Cali is is coastal...  >:D