Author Topic: Ohio inching closer to Constitutional Carry  (Read 4474 times)

Andiron

• friend
Ohio inching closer to Constitutional Carry
« on: March 01, 2022, 09:48:49 PM »
https://fox8.com/news/ohio-house-closer-to-passing-bill-getting-rid-of-concealed-carry-permits/

I'm cautiously optimistic this time.  Our governor is the worst flavor of RINO,  but I'd wager he signs this to save his ass during reelection.  Just a gut feeling.
"Leftism destroys everything good." -  Ron

There is no fixing stupid. But, you can line it up in front of a wall and offer it a last smoke.

There is no such thing as a "transgender" person.  Only mental illness that should be discouraged.

T.O.M.

• friend
Re: Ohio inching closer to Constitutional Carry
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2022, 10:41:37 PM »
Agreed.  He's going to sign it to go after the conservative end of the Rs, and hope the rest of his term will get enough D votes to carry the election.
No, I'm not mtnbkr.  ;)

a.k.a. "our resident Legal Smeagol."...thanks BryanP
"Anybody can give legal advice - but only licensed attorneys can sell it."...vaskidmark

JN01

• friend
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2022, 10:45:58 PM »
https://fox8.com/news/ohio-house-closer-to-passing-bill-getting-rid-of-concealed-carry-permits/

I'm cautiously optimistic this time.  Our governor is the worst flavor of RINO,  but I'd wager he signs this to save his ass during reelection.  Just a gut feeling.

IF they get it passed before the election.  The Ohio Legislatures MO is to hold everything until the last week of the term (December) which would allow DeWine to veto without consequence and with no time left to override the veto.

Lennyjoe

• friend
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2022, 09:16:43 PM »
House passed it and it’s on the Governors desk for signature

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2022, 10:57:03 PM »
Great news.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2022, 11:14:23 PM »
House passed it and it’s on the Governors desk for signature

Hate to be a pessimist on this but it's probably in the bathroom to be used
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

JN01

• friend
« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2022, 11:45:52 PM »
Cool. Hope DeWine signs it.  Still have people we visit in Ohio from time to time, so I would like to see the duty to notify LE provision go away.

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #7 on: March 03, 2022, 09:47:55 PM »
According to these guys, Nebraska and Indiana may still go Con-carry this year.

https://youtu.be/6nSLKp9Nknc

Don't know why they so often fail to cite sources.

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #8 on: March 03, 2022, 09:58:39 PM »
According to these guys, Nebraska and Indiana may still go Con-carry this year.

https://youtu.be/6nSLKp9Nknc

Don't know why they so often fail to cite sources.

The Indiana law for constitutional carry was gutted.
https://bearingarms.com/camedwards/2022/02/24/constitutional-carry-in-doubt-after-indiana-committee-guts-legislation-n55822
For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

Perd Hapley

• friend

Ron

• friends
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #10 on: March 04, 2022, 08:00:24 AM »

WATCH - THE - VIDEO

Your source is a week old. That video came out today. Here is more:
https://www.whas11.com/article/news/local/indiana/constitutional-carry-bill-gets-new-life-in-senate-committee-permit-gun-license-indiana-law/531-6d239bea-325f-4bb5-8ce4-ecbe51ec7c9d
Sweet, thanks for the link! You would think living in Indiana I would hear of these things quicker. Unfortunately NW Indiana is really a suburb of Chicago.
For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

Ron

• friends
    • What I believe ...

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #12 on: March 09, 2022, 09:17:35 AM »
CNN is very unhappy about all you guys joining the CC club.  :laugh:

https://www.cnn.com/2022/03/05/us/permitless-carry-laws-advance-in-states/index.html
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #13 on: March 09, 2022, 09:52:56 AM »
It appears that today's marching orders from the illuminati to the MSM are to negatively cover this story. It was interesting to read that an Alabama State rep who introduced their version of CC was also a deputy sheriff and was fired by his sheriff after he introduced the bill.

https://thehill.com/homenews/state-watch/597227-states-move-to-roll-back-firearm-permits-over-police
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #14 on: March 09, 2022, 11:02:38 AM »
It appears that today's marching orders from the illuminati to the MSM are to negatively cover this story. It was interesting to read that an Alabama State rep who introduced their version of CC was also a deputy sheriff and was fired by his sheriff after he introduced the bill.

https://thehill.com/homenews/state-watch/597227-states-move-to-roll-back-firearm-permits-over-police
From that article:
“It is going to promote lawlessness. I think that there will be people who carry weapons concealed for the purpose of being vigilantes. I think that it is not very well thought out for very high populated counties such as Hamilton County,” Ohio's Hamilton County Sheriff Charmaine McGuffey said in an interview. “To vote for people to be able to concealed carry without a license, without any training, without any documentation, it makes it exponentially harder for law enforcement to prevent gun crimes.”
I get the impression that he wants restrictions to prevent normal law abiding citizens from doing the same thing the criminals are already doing.  I am sure his idea of a "vigilante" is anyone who defends themselves. 

“There are communities across the country that are already really struggling with the crisis of gun violence,” said Shannon Watts, founder of Moms Demand Action, a gun safety organization. “Law enforcement are saying lawmakers are just ignoring their concerns.”
Yes, and instead of addressing that "gun violence" by going after the hard core criminals, you are worrying about what the non-criminals are doing. 

“Poor decisionmaking happens, and unfortunately, if you’re carrying a weapon and you make a poor decision in a very elevated and high stress situation, the repercussions and ramifications of that are tremendous,” McGuffey said. “People in the general public don’t understand generally how poorly most people shoot.”
Read this as if he is talking about his own cops and it amounts to the same thing.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
  • ...shall not be allowed.
« Reply #15 on: March 09, 2022, 11:53:10 AM »
Welll said, MechAg94 !

WHATEVER YOUR DEFINITION OF "INFRINGE " IS, YOU SHOULDN'T BE DOING IT.

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #16 on: March 09, 2022, 11:54:30 AM »
I get the impression that he wants restrictions to prevent normal law abiding citizens from doing the same thing the criminals are already doing.  I am sure his idea of a "vigilante" is anyone who defends themselves.

In the mind of the left, a dead rape victim is morally superior to the survivor that defended herself with lethal force.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

Perd Hapley

• friend

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #18 on: March 11, 2022, 08:00:43 AM »
Great news for them. In the meantime, in Nebraska:

https://twitchy.com/brettt-3136/2022/03/10/state-sen-megan-hunt-isnt-anti-second-amendment-but-its-authors-were-misogynistic-slave-owners/

Senator Megan Hunt 😷
@NebraskaMegan
Owning a gun isn’t a "God-given right." It’s a slave-owning, misogynistic founding father-given right.

I’m not against 2a, but be real - the Constitution was written by people!

Today I’m filibustering a bill that would allow concealed carry without training or a permit. #NELeg

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #19 on: March 11, 2022, 09:21:34 AM »
From that twitchy link.

(1) The right to self-defense is natural and inalienable. The right to keep and bear arms is a necessary and logical outflow of this, giving "teeth" to the underlying natural right, which on its own is a dead letter.

(2) This is self-evident *within her argument itself.* Slave owners relentlessly sought to DISARM slaves, because armed slaves could better defend their natural rights. Armed slaves would mean the effective end of slavery.

(2)(a) The problem wasn't that slave owners had a right to arms - the recognition of this right predates the African slave trade. The problem was the legal framework that stripped some people of this right so that they could be better oppressed.

(3) The misogyny part is weird. Women have never been exempt from the 2A right. It is, in fact, of greater importance for us, as we generally find ourselves smaller and physically weaker than our attackers. Without arms, our natural right to self-defense is comparatively weaker.

To summarize:

The right to keep and bear arms predates the Founding. It is protected by the Constitution, but not created by it. Its restriction or selective application benefits racists, misogynists, and tyrants. Its full protection benefits the weak, disfavored, and oppressed.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

T.O.M.

• friend
« Reply #20 on: March 11, 2022, 06:19:39 PM »
Rumor is Dewine may veto the bill, to pander to Dem voters.  Apparently he believes that he can carry enough R voters that he can afford to piss of the gun people here if he gets enough Dem votes in return.
No, I'm not mtnbkr.  ;)

a.k.a. "our resident Legal Smeagol."...thanks BryanP
"Anybody can give legal advice - but only licensed attorneys can sell it."...vaskidmark

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #21 on: March 11, 2022, 10:17:12 PM »
From that twitchy link.

Great stuff!

Lennyjoe

• friend
« Reply #22 on: March 14, 2022, 05:59:51 PM »
DeWine signed it.

Ohio Governor DeWine Signs BFA-Supported Permitless Carry Bill

At approximately 4:50 p.m. on Monday, March 14, 2022, Gov. Mike DeWine signed Senate Bill 215, which will make it legal to carry a concealed handgun without a license in Ohio 91 days after signing.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #23 on: March 14, 2022, 06:25:57 PM »
So are you Ohio guys breaking out the rubber boots so that all the blood running in the streets doesn't soak your socks?  =D

Welcome to the club though!

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #24 on: March 14, 2022, 06:39:51 PM »
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes