Main Forums > The Roundtable

need source or method to make devices to simulate a gunshot wound...

(1/1)

TMM:
For a movie.

My friend and i are making a movie, and we're going to need to make some gunshot wounds. i'm thinking modern gunpowder/cordite would be decent, but uncontained, it just burns, which is no good. we need a fast burn, and, of course, minimal smoke [which'll probably be supressed with the [fake] blood packets that will be placed over them]. also needs to have the strength to tear the blood packet and clothing [which can be weakened if necessary].

i've got the ignition part solved [model rocket igniter], but i'm stumped on the actual wound. i've tried googling, but to no avail...

in the movie business these doodads are apparently called "grids" or "squids"[don't know which], but that was of no help with google.

any ideas, anyone?

~tmm

Marnoot:
The word you're looking for is "squibs." That should Google nicely.

TMM:
ahh- well there ya go. of course, they're a restricted item of some sort, and this is pretty much a $0-budget movie. so i'll do some searches for DIY-ers [already found one for compressed air... seems good]

~tmm

Guest:
your typical leftist democrat politician (redundancy alert) makes the perfect body double.  all the realism of a real sucking chest wound, without hunting for a special dummy rnd.  just use whatever you would usually use for home defence.

YMMV

TMM:
Baus, i'd love to, but last time i did that the police said that was "frowned upon"...

oh well...

~tmm

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version