Main Forums > The Roundtable

Why am I still awake?

(1/2) > >>

Monkeyleg:
It's 2:30 am. All day long I trimmed bushes, mowed the grass, moved stuff from one stuff storage place to another, sweated a lot, and didn't get more than maybe three hours sleep last night.

And I'm still awake now.

This is driving me insane.

If there's any upside to this, it's that Oleg's servers aren't under as much strain, and so the posts come up very quickly.

Small price to pay for lack of sleep.

I can hear my wife snoring away soundly in the other room, and that infuriates me.

Every so often, I hear the sound of firecrackers going off. That infuriates me more, because I know that somebody isn't just staying up late, but he's also having a bit of fun.

Ah, well. I'll just check out the most recent threads by Mike Irwin. Maybe they'll put me to sleep.

Guest:

I'm thinking "Why am I up?"

Tallpine:
Why am I still alive ...?

Nightfall:
I wish I had the answer. I've had days where I've completely exhausted myself mentally and physically, and still lay in bed wide awake for 4 hours. Means I'm tired and grumpy as hell when the alarm goes off the next morning, but yet again that night, I'll manage to wake up and get some energy just in time to be unable to sleep. My girlfriend can take a nap during the day, do little physical activity, and then be asleep before her head hits the pillow that night. Drives me nuts!

Nathaniel Firethorn:

--- Quote ---I can hear my wife snoring away soundly in the other room, and that infuriates me.
You've hit the nail on the head.

- NF

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version