Author Topic: VP debate  (Read 4938 times)

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
Re: VP debate
« Reply #25 on: October 12, 2012, 12:26:24 AM »
I like how Biden only considers the delivery system to be the weapony part of a nuclear weapon. Obtaining fissile material is not in any way "getting four years closer to having a nuclear weapon."
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

gunsmith

• I forgot to get vaccinated!
  • friend
  • I'm sorry, Dave. I'm afraid I can't do that.
« Reply #26 on: October 12, 2012, 12:45:39 AM »
My fave facebooker said this in his "news" update

Breaking News: VP Debate!

Joe Biden was busy today, so he sent The Joker to the debate in his place.
The Joker complained that he had less speaking time then Ryan, but careful analysis shows he had 47% more air time then Ryan & most of that was what The Joker called "interrupting time" and that doesn't count.

The key phrase of the debate was The Joker saying "they are the facts" at press time, no one is yet sure what he meant by this.

The debate opened with the latest failure of the current administration to provide security during the 9-11 attacks that left Diplomats and staff dead, when pressed for a reason why the Presidents expensive gas administration failed to provide the security his Diplomat had pleaded for The Joker said "Ryan is a LIAR! everyone in the middle east loves Barry".
Politicians and bureaucrats are considered productive if they swarm the populace like a plague of locust, devouring all substance in their path and leaving a swath of destruction like a firestorm. The technical term is "bipartisanship".
Rocket Man: "The need for booster shots for the immunized has always been based on the science.  Political science, not medical science."

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #27 on: October 12, 2012, 12:52:56 AM »
Since Obama claimed there was a doppelganger Romney at the first debate, I guess he could also claim there was a false Biden at this one. The real Biden is much more calm and polite, of course.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

brimic

• friends
« Reply #28 on: October 12, 2012, 02:26:35 AM »
Is it just me or does Biden trigger anyone else's "I want to push his face in" reflex.

I was expecting (hoping) that Ryan would choke slam Biden, that tool deserved it.

I wouldn't buy a used car from Biden.
"now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb" -Dark Helmet

"AK47's belong in the hands of soldiers mexican drug cartels"-
Barack Obama

cambeul41

• friend
« Reply #29 on: October 12, 2012, 07:36:34 AM »
I must admit that I cannot judge the debate without bias.  I decided for whom I would vote long ago.

Some commentator must have discussed the smirk being wiped off Biden's face as time went on. I confess that gave me pleasure.

My wife, on the other hand, saw it as a slam-dunk (my term) for Ryan.  She claims that she is speaking "as an intellectual," and I guess that she is one since she expects to finish her PhD dissertation this month.  She says Ryan's being better looking has nothing to do with her opinion. 
?It is usually futile to try to talk facts and analysis to people who are enjoying a sense of moral superiority in their ignorance.?
?Thomas Sowell

drewtam

• friend
« Reply #30 on: October 12, 2012, 08:59:17 AM »
Looks like I was wrong or didn't see enough of the debate...looking at the reactions this morning.

Regular and deeply partisan dems are calling it for Biden - expected
http://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/dana-milbank-in-vice-presidential-debate-biden-rattles-ryan/2012/10/12/427cd0c0-1430-11e2-be82-c3411b7680a9_story.html

BUT some are also calling it a draw
http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/politics/2012/10/vice-presidential-debate-who-won-who-lost/

Regular and deeply partisan reps are calling it Ryan
http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10000872396390443749204578051073494711456.html?mod=WSJ_Opinion_LEADTop

The instant polls are calling it draw or slightly to Ryan. I think that indicates a Ryan win, coming from CNN (democratic operatives with bylines and all)...
http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/2012/10/11/cnn-poll-on-debate-winner-ryan-48-biden-44/

Good job Ryan.
I’m not saying I invented the turtleneck. But I was the first person to realize its potential as a tactical garment. The tactical turtleneck! The… tactleneck!

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
« Reply #31 on: October 12, 2012, 09:49:36 AM »
Watching Biden interrupt in his condescening fashion.....what a tool.   :facepalm:
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

SADShooter

• friend
« Reply #32 on: October 12, 2012, 10:16:24 AM »
Watching Biden interrupt in his condescening fashion.....what a stool.   :facepalm:

FTFY.
"Ah, is there any wine so sweet and intoxicating as the tears of a hippie?"-Tamara, View From the Porch

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #33 on: October 12, 2012, 10:40:32 AM »
So far, none of the "news" stories I have seen have even rated the debate for who won. They ALL (Democans and Republicrats alike) are discussing only one thing: how smarmy, arrogant, and condescending Biden was. One mentioned that Biden interrupted Ryan 82 times. Another (a commentator of whom I've never heard so I don't know his political bias) said he had watched every debate since 1960 and that Biden's performance was the worst he had ever seen.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #34 on: October 12, 2012, 10:45:03 AM »
Ha! Too funny - currently on the Fox News homepage:

"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

French G.

• friend
  • ohhh sparkles!
« Reply #35 on: October 12, 2012, 10:47:11 AM »
The good news here is that the vast majority of people are, or have been losers. They may not know why but they always react viscerally against a bully.
AKA Navy Joe   

I'm so contrarian that I didn't respond to the thread.

longeyes

• friend
« Reply #36 on: October 12, 2012, 10:48:15 AM »
At old con man working on his last con...

He is the smile without the cat.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2012, 10:58:09 AM by longeyes »
"Domari nolo."

Thug: What you lookin' at old man?
Walt Kowalski: Ever notice how you come across somebody once in a while you shouldn't have messed with? That's me.

Molon Labe.

HankB

• friend
« Reply #37 on: October 12, 2012, 11:04:30 AM »
Ryan was far more dignified than Biden - he, at 42, had far more "gravitas" than the laughing harlequin the Democrats sent. Ryan looked a lot more, well, presidential than Biden. And that's a factor to anyone who thinks the VP's main job is to be able to step into the #1 spot if he has to.

It's a pity Biden's "I always mean everything I say" comment didn't come earlier in the debate; Ryan could have turned that to his advantage, especially Joe's recent comment about the middle class being "buried" for the last four years. ("Joe was right - and we all know who's in charge, who actually BURIED them for the last four years, don't we? After all, more than a year ago it was Joe who said WE OWN THIS ECONOMY!")

The only real criticism I have of Ryan - who held his own against both the buffoon and the moderator - is that he may have come off a little bit "wonkish" . . . a little too much detail ("Seven point four million" instead of "Over seven million" and his comment about electric cars in Finland (US stimulus money west to Fiskar's FOREIGN operation) probably went right over the heads of 99% of the viewers who had no idea of what he was talking about.
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

agricola

• friend
« Reply #38 on: October 12, 2012, 12:18:07 PM »
I thought Biden won fairly comfortably, though he did have the advantage of lower expectations going into it.  Ryan is a wonk and came across as one.
"Idiot!  A long life eating mush is best."
"Make peace, you fools"

Balog

• Unrepentant race traitor
  • friends
  • What if we tried more?
« Reply #39 on: October 12, 2012, 12:19:15 PM »
Ryan didn't castrate Biden like Romney did with Obama, but maybe that's a good thing. We can all remember the last time the VP was far more loved than the candidate...
« Last Edit: October 12, 2012, 02:57:05 PM by Ben »
Quote from: French G.
I was always pleasant, friendly and within arm's reach of a gun.

Quote from: Standing Wolf
If government is the answer, it must have been a really, really, really stupid question.

longeyes

• friend
« Reply #40 on: October 12, 2012, 12:44:05 PM »
Better a wonk than a Joker.
"Domari nolo."

Walt Kowalski: Ever notice how you come across somebody once in a while you shouldn't have messed with? That's me.

Molon Labe.

zxcvbob

• friend
« Reply #41 on: October 12, 2012, 12:49:12 PM »
Biden looked more "Presidential" than I expected, but I had awfully low expectations.

Ryan may have been wonkish, but Biden was "wankish"
"It's good, though..."

longeyes

• friend
« Reply #42 on: October 12, 2012, 12:53:47 PM »
Biden looked more "Presidential" than I expected, but I had awfully low expectations.

Ryan may have been wonkish, but Biden was "wankish"

Good one.  :)
"Domari nolo."

Molon Labe.