Author Topic: Enough is Enough Dept. - Debate Mod Gwen Infill's in the tank for Obama  (Read 10006 times)

Antibubba

• friend
Re: Enough is Enough Dept. - Debate Mod Gwen Infill's in the tank for Obama
« Reply #25 on: October 01, 2008, 06:04:05 PM »
He's not going to make a judgment on "that," he says.  He believes she'll be scrupulously fair.

What is he supposed to say?
If life gives you melons, you may be dyslexic.

MicroBalrog

• friend
« Reply #26 on: October 01, 2008, 07:27:03 PM »
He's not going to make a judgment on "that," he says.  He believes she'll be scrupulously fair.

"Get a new moderator"?
Destroy The Enemy in Hand-to-Hand Combat.

"...tradition and custom becomes intertwined and are a strong coercion which directs the society upon fixed lines, and strangles liberty. " ~ William Graham Sumner

Headless Thompson Gunner

• friend
« Reply #27 on: October 01, 2008, 07:35:18 PM »
Might be smarter to wait until after the debate to pitch a fit. 

If Palin does well, he can say somrthing like "hey, look how good she did, even a stupendously biased moderator couldn't throw her off stride."

If she doesn't do well he can say "well, whadya expect, with a moderator like that there's no way she could have won." 

longeyes

• friend
« Reply #28 on: October 01, 2008, 08:23:11 PM »
That's called reactive, not pro-active, and it's too clever by half.

We don't need to be clever.  Obama is there to be had--by someone who isn't afraid to take him down. 
"Domari nolo."

Thug: What you lookin' at old man?
Walt Kowalski: Ever notice how you come across somebody once in a while you shouldn't have messed with? That's me.

Molon Labe.

S_O_Laban

• friend
« Reply #29 on: October 02, 2008, 01:25:40 AM »

"Get a new moderator"?

Mac said what he should have said. 

The problem here is not with the either party vetting the mod.... The problem is with the lack of personal ethics shown by the mod.  She should have told both campaigns right out of the gate that she had a personal conflict of interest with this situation, (she stands to make several hundred K is Obama is elected, if not, much less.)  Just another example of leftist ideology (she feels she is above the law) as any ethical journalist would have said something right away.   

seeker_two

• friend
  • In short, most intelligence is false.
« Reply #30 on: October 02, 2008, 01:38:33 AM »

"Get a new moderator"?

!!! IT'S A TRAP !!!
Impressed yet befogged, they grasped at his vivid leading phrases, seeing only their surface meaning, and missing the deeper current of his thought.

doncol

• My mind is blanker than a...blank...thing.
« Reply #31 on: October 02, 2008, 12:01:32 PM »
In case you haven't figgered out, this is a another set up which the republicans have evidently contracted with democrats to accept.  I can think of no other reason for their repeated stupidity.  You don't get that stupid by accident or genetics.  They have to be paid for it.

You know, I am starting to wonder about that.  There is just way too much tail tucking by the Republican party lately.  I can't really come up with another excuse for the wussish behavior. 
"The deadliest weapon in the world is a Marine and his rifle."
Gen. John "Black Jack" Pershing, U.S. Army

Unisaw

• friend
« Reply #32 on: October 02, 2008, 05:40:36 PM »
I was vehemently in favor of a change in moderator -- the appearance of a conflict was too much to overlook.  That said, I actually think the moderator did a fine job.  A couple of her questions could have been stated more clearly but I didn't detect any bias.
Well, if you have the sudden urge to lick your balls you'll know you got the veterinary version... K Frame

Northwoods

• friend
  • Formerly sumpnz
« Reply #33 on: October 02, 2008, 05:48:00 PM »
I was vehemently in favor of a change in moderator -- the appearance of a conflict was too much to overlook.  That said, I actually think the moderator did a fine job.  A couple of her questions could have been stated more clearly but I didn't detect any bias.
Agreed.  She didn't play powder puff with Biden and full contact with Palin.  She seemed to actually be reasonably even handed.
Formerly sumpnz

ronnyreagan

« Reply #34 on: October 02, 2008, 06:09:34 PM »
The moderator wasn't perfect - but certainly could have been worse. There were a few points where she cut Palin off but she was rambling and it didn't seem she was going anywhere coherent anway.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2008, 07:26:48 PM by ronnyreagan »
You have to respect the president, whether you agree with him or not.
Obama, however, is not the president since a Kenyan cannot legally be the U.S. President ;/

lacoochee

« Reply #35 on: October 02, 2008, 06:35:46 PM »
The only place in the debate I thought the moderator stepped completely outside of fair, was when she asked Biden "The Hood" if taxing the rich and giving to the poor was class warfare (totally paraphrased btw) and then asked Sarah "The Sheriff of Nottingham" why she wanted to steal from the poor and give to the rich (also totally paraphrased). 

Sarah also passed up the opportunity given to her after Biden's partisan attempt to blame the current financial crisis on the Bush Administration.  She should have pointed out the problem originated long before the Bush administration with Community Reinvestment Act etc. and that the top four recipients of Freddie Mac campaign largess are Democrats with Obama being second.   She would have owned the rest of the debate and had just pointed it that out.

Why do I feel like this all a charade?  And that before long all of these rich politicians (rich from selling influence) and their  Wall Street cronies will be waving from their private helicopters as the fly away from the economic and moral ruin that once mankind's greatest achievement? In other words, Thanks for all of the fish!!!

Deo Vindice

* "[The Constitution preserves] the advantage of being armed which Americans possess over the people of almost every other nation...(where) the governments are afraid to trust the people with arms."
---James Madison,The Federalist Papers, No. 46.