Author Topic: I give up - I don't know where I want to live  (Read 9992 times)

cassandra and sara's daddy

• friends
Re: I give up - I don't know where I want to live
« Reply #25 on: February 03, 2009, 11:08:21 AM »
give the young man a cigar! it is indeed howard  and i speak of the students conservatism more than faculty.
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

by someone older and wiser than I

.Cheese.

• friend
« Reply #26 on: February 03, 2009, 03:03:07 PM »
Would you agree that American is the most liberal of the schools there?

Brad Johnson

• friend
  • Witty, charming, handsome, and completely insane.
« Reply #27 on: February 03, 2009, 03:07:44 PM »
Texas Tech University School of Law.

http://www.law.ttu.edu/

Brad
It's all about the pancakes, people.
"And he thought cops wouldn't chase... a STOLEN DONUT TRUCK???? That would be like Willie Nelson ignoring a pickup full of weed."
-HankB

• friends
« Reply #28 on: February 03, 2009, 05:03:52 PM »
maybe  gw gives a run for the money. georgetown tries real hard too.how far a circle you gonna draw around dc?  hopkins a player?
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

.Cheese.

• friend
« Reply #29 on: February 03, 2009, 06:44:33 PM »
In Maryland?!  No way.  Not to mention - they don't have a law school to my knowledge.

I got waitlisted at GW, didn't apply to Georgetown, but got in at American.  If I went to American, I'd live in Arlington.  I'd probably go to Hopkins though if I had a bad Crohns flare and needed to be hospitalized.

It would be nice if I got off the wait-list at GW... but this year the number of applications is so much higher than normal I doubt anybody is going to get off the wait-list anywhere, which is a shame because I'm on the wait list at a bunch of really top schools.

• friends
« Reply #30 on: February 03, 2009, 07:26:57 PM »
i'm about 50 miles south of town  bunch of guys between me and dc and a few further south. come visit. no law school mut mary washington is a "target rich enviroment"  can introduce you to some of the dance team girls maybe.   its a true "liberal " arts school

MicroBalrog

• friend
« Reply #31 on: February 03, 2009, 07:28:48 PM »
You just wait, C&SD. I'm a GW and VU applicant. If one of them accepts me, you're going to have me as a neighbor for the next five years. :D
Destroy The Enemy in Hand-to-Hand Combat.

"...tradition and custom becomes intertwined and are a strong coercion which directs the society upon fixed lines, and strangles liberty. " ~ William Graham Sumner

• friends
« Reply #32 on: February 03, 2009, 07:34:37 PM »
you'd be welcome!  like to hunt?  ever wanna learn to hunt snipe?  they are most active when its a cols wet night  but i think i could arrange a drive and we'll let you hold the catch bag so long as you can sit quietly in the dark till they get to you  don't wanna scare em off

• friends
« Reply #33 on: February 03, 2009, 07:36:08 PM »
matter of fact i bet a bunch of the aps boys would love to join in for a snipe hunt get together  we can post video on you tube when we're done.  bet jamis and mike would be good at it

wmenorr67

• friend
« Reply #34 on: February 03, 2009, 07:37:54 PM »
Snipe hunts are fun.  Especially when you actually point out a snipe. =D
There are five things, above all else, that make life worth living: a good relationship with God, a good woman, good health, good friends, and a good cigar.

Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American Soldier.  One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Bacon is the candy bar of meats!

Only the dead have seen the end of war!