Author Topic: iPad-like Devices  (Read 9999 times)

sanglant

• friend
Re: iPad-like Devices
« Reply #25 on: April 19, 2010, 11:30:20 AM »
the ps3 and psp can do it, they call it remote play so as long as you don't run into sony's patents it shouldn't be to hard. =D oh what i'm trying to say 802.11 is plenty fast. :angel:

Iain

• friend
« Reply #26 on: April 19, 2010, 11:54:24 AM »
there are the archos things [popcorn] but i don't think the 9 is out yet, :facepalm: oh it is. [tinfoil] :angel: now then, will it do the job? =)

Windows 7, which is more than I want. Not that I have anything against it, just seems that Apple might just be on to something, as Google are with Android.

Interesting though, because I have read the odd thing that suggests that Android is limited by license to devices 7" and under, presumably to limit overlap between it and Chrome OS. Others say that is nonsense, not interested enough yet to dig for an answer.
I do not like, when with me play, and I think that you also

Nitrogen

• friends
  • Who could it be?
    • @c0t0d0s2 / Twitter.
« Reply #27 on: April 19, 2010, 03:00:52 PM »
there are the archos things [popcorn] but i don't think the 9 is out yet, :facepalm: oh it is. [tinfoil] :angel: now then, will it do the job? =)

I like that a lot, but resistive touchscreen = fail for me

The more I read about the ipad, the more I might have to check one out when the 3g ones are out.
יזכר לא עד פעם
Remember. Never Again.
What does it mean to be an American?  Have you forgotten? | http://youtu.be/0w03tJ3IkrM

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
« Reply #28 on: April 19, 2010, 03:25:13 PM »
^^^^ Just what exactly are the differences between a resistive and a capacative touchscreen?  Is one better than the other for a mobile internet device?

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

sanglant

• friend
« Reply #29 on: April 19, 2010, 04:15:37 PM »
the HSW on the difference =) all i know is a bad touch screen sucks,,, well something bad =| i bought a garmin 765 when they came out and had to send it back because it couldn't tell where you were hitting. :mad: you'd hit d and a cxswerfvzaqtg or b would popup :O

Nitrogen

• friends
  • Who could it be?
    • @c0t0d0s2 / Twitter.
« Reply #30 on: April 19, 2010, 07:13:19 PM »
TL;DR: capacative reacts to real human touch (or anthing else that can bridge an electric current)
Resistave are basically pressure sensitive touch screens.  The ipod/ipad/iphone and my current phone, teh Tmobile G1 all have capacitive touch screems.  I think they are 2000% better.
יזכר לא עד פעם
Remember. Never Again.
What does it mean to be an American?  Have you forgotten? | http://youtu.be/0w03tJ3IkrM

bedlamite

• Hold my beer and watch this!
  • friend
  • Ack! PLBTTPHBT!
A plan is just a list of things that doesn't happen.
Is defenestration possible through the overton window?

sanglant

• friend
« Reply #32 on: April 29, 2010, 06:55:58 PM »
 :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :angel: