Author Topic: CA Proposes Light Bulb Ban  (Read 10018 times)

Fly320s

• friend
  • Formerly, Arthur, King of the Britons
Re: CA Proposes Light Bulb Ban
« Reply #75 on: February 04, 2007, 04:22:58 PM »
Quote from: Fly320s
Every time I fly at night near a major city (LA, NYC, Dallas) I think that I should be in the light bulb business.  Or at least the electricity business.  There are millions of lights on all night long in a big city.  Seems like a waste to me.

They already have enough problems with crime and accidents, don't they?   undecided

Still, I'd imagine turning off even 10% of them would save enough juice to make the switch from incandescents moot.
[/quote]

True, but most accidents are from stupidity and poor driving, not lack of lighting.  Plenty of crime during daylight hours. 
Islamic sex dolls.  Do they blow themselves up?

Limeyfellow

Re: CA Proposes Light Bulb Ban
« Reply #76 on: February 04, 2007, 11:37:43 PM »
They do much better if they invest in making them cheaper or even offer to buy some for people and ask for people to do their patriotic duty in lowering the demand of foreign fossil fuels and so on by investing in more efficient lighting. Its rather sad in that we could knock down the country's power requirements by 10-20% by doing this simple act but I doubt the electrical companies would appreciate it that much and forcing a law just causes resentment.