Author Topic: 'New American Tea Party'  (Read 24425 times)

MicroBalrog

• friend
Re: The Left-Wing Reaction to John Galt, Ayn Rand, and Tea Parties
« Reply #25 on: March 14, 2009, 05:18:06 PM »
    “Please show me anything that I can touch, or eat, or live in, or drive that the ‘productive rich’ have made?”

...there are so many levels of retarded in this statement I don't even know where to begin.
Destroy The Enemy in Hand-to-Hand Combat.

"...tradition and custom becomes intertwined and are a strong coercion which directs the society upon fixed lines, and strangles liberty. " ~ William Graham Sumner

RaspberrySurprise

• friend
  • Yub yub Commander
« Reply #26 on: March 14, 2009, 05:24:48 PM »
“Please show me anything that I can touch, or eat, or live in, or drive that the ‘productive rich’ have made?”

Normally the stupid just burns but this is three phase power line headache inducing.
Look, tiny text!

AZRedhawk44

• friends
« Reply #27 on: March 14, 2009, 05:29:20 PM »
jfruser:  Thanks for posting this...

I just went to the range with a friend today.  I hadn't seen him in a few months.  Most folks would disparagingly call him a "threeper" with a snide sneer on their face in much the same manner as an anti-Galtist. 

We talked extensively, at lunch, about libertarianism, objectivism, gold standards, statism and market controls.  I won't go into the entire realm of the conversation, but it was just refreshing and enlightening to come across this post after having that conversation with him, too. 

It's good to see that "we" are less and less alone and that "we" are coming out of the woodwork.  And that "they" don't like us gives me hope.
"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain - that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist."
--Lysander Spooner

I reject your authoritah!

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
Re: 'New American Tea Party'
« Reply #28 on: March 14, 2009, 05:30:30 PM »
I went ahead and merged these up.  Teabag away.
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #29 on: March 14, 2009, 05:57:56 PM »
Teabag away. 

You heard him, boys.   =D
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

RaspberrySurprise

• friend
  • Yub yub Commander
« Reply #30 on: March 14, 2009, 05:58:14 PM »
I went ahead and merged these up.  Teabag away.

Funnily enough I came across blog of a rather liberal bent that thought that people were trying to imply teabagging in the rather unpleasant sense by mailing their reps a tea bag. It was as if the prospects of the Boston Tea Party went over her head. That the New American Tea Party was advocating people not to send actual tea bags to their reps or the president as it was a waste of postage and good tea made it even funnier.
Look, tiny text!

AZRedhawk44

• friends
« Reply #31 on: March 14, 2009, 07:49:46 PM »
Funnily enough I came across blog of a rather liberal bent that thought that people were trying to imply teabagging in the rather unpleasant sense by mailing their reps a tea bag. It was as if the prospects of the Boston Tea Party went over her head. That the New American Tea Party was advocating people not to send actual tea bags to their reps or the president as it was a waste of postage and good tea made it even funnier.
So the organizers now don't want people to send tea bags? ???

It strikes me that it might be more appropriate to the situation for everyone to send $0.41 to the White House.  A quarter, dime, nickel and penny.  "Keep the Change, we don't want it."

They'd probably just appropriate it to Obama's re-election campaign, though.
"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain - that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist."
--Lysander Spooner

I reject your authoritah!

Gewehr98

• friend
  • Yee-haa!
    • Neural Misfires (Blog)
« Reply #32 on: March 14, 2009, 09:12:42 PM »
Teabag away.

You heard him, boys.

That's so wrong, Fistful.  :O

I wonder if the average Threeper even knows the current definition, or if they're just too busy continually drawing an ever-shifting line in the sand...

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Tea-Bag
"Bother", said Pooh, as he chambered another round...

http://neuralmisfires.blogspot.com

"Never squat with your spurs on!"

RaspberrySurprise

• friend
  • Yub yub Commander
« Reply #33 on: March 14, 2009, 10:38:01 PM »
So the organizers now don't want people to send tea bags? ???

It strikes me that it might be more appropriate to the situation for everyone to send $0.41 to the White House.  A quarter, dime, nickel and penny.  "Keep the Change, we don't want it."

They'd probably just appropriate it to Obama's re-election campaign, though.

The actual tea party people never advocated sending tea, the original story comes from an email being passed around. If you look on Tea Party website they tell people to save their tea since mailing it is just a waste.

http://newamericanteaparty.com/2009/03/12/save-your-postage-and-tea-and-stay-tuned/
Look, tiny text!

MicroBalrog

• friend
« Reply #34 on: March 15, 2009, 06:42:20 AM »
The actual tea party people never advocated sending tea, the original story comes from an email being passed around. If you look on Tea Party website they tell people to save their tea since mailing it is just a waste.

http://newamericanteaparty.com/2009/03/12/save-your-postage-and-tea-and-stay-tuned/

So the "threepers" are not actually distracted by "drawing a continually shifting line in the sand"? Good to know.

"...tradition and custom becomes intertwined and are a strong coercion which directs the society upon fixed lines, and strangles liberty. " ~ William Graham Sumner

Jamisjockey

• friend
« Reply #35 on: March 15, 2009, 06:00:11 PM »
Okay I know what a "tea-bag" is.....but what the hell is a "threeper"?  Is that a three-way tea-bagging?
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

MicroBalrog

• friend
« Reply #36 on: March 15, 2009, 06:04:22 PM »
Perhaps I can help.

It appears some people, primarily Mike Vanderboegh [sp?] are again talking up the possibility of civil war if more gun laws are passed. The name is in memory of the three percent of the population of the colonies that supposedly directly supported the Revolution. The above link is pretty typical of their rhetoric. On the other hand, we have the Prags, who, on one hand, support working within the system, joining the NRA, etc. etc, and on the other, are soundly opposed to what they call the three-percenter nonsense.

There are other writings you could read about that, but the above two are good samples.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2009, 06:12:17 PM by MicroBalrog »

Zardozimo Oprah Bannedalas

• Webley Juggler
  • friend
  • All I got is a fistful of shekels
« Reply #37 on: March 15, 2009, 06:05:15 PM »

jamis-jockeys-cabin-boy

« Reply #38 on: March 15, 2009, 06:09:11 PM »
.....but what the hell is a "threeper"?  Is that a three-way tea-bagging?

Why yes it is and might I say it can be one great time had by all. If I remember you partook in one or more of these events while we were at NYL.
the queens queen of fail

cassandra and sara's daddy

• friends
« Reply #39 on: March 15, 2009, 06:43:02 PM »
so what mike v's screen name on .us? hes got lots of fellow believers there
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

by someone older and wiser than I

Jamisjockey

• friend
« Reply #40 on: March 15, 2009, 08:23:10 PM »
http://www.cyberclass.net/3percenters.htm

Okay, so nothing to do with teabagging.  My pet will be sad to learn that.
JD

Balog

• Unrepentant race traitor
  • friends
  • What if we tried more?
« Reply #41 on: March 16, 2009, 12:04:32 AM »
I think the issue a lot of people have with the "threepers" (God I hate that term) is that they are all hat no cattle. It's like one of those cults that put a date on the end times, then when it passes goes "Oh look, new revelations! The revised date for Armageddon is....."
Quote from: French G.
I was always pleasant, friendly and within arm's reach of a gun.

Quote from: Standing Wolf
If government is the answer, it must have been a really, really, really stupid question.

longeyes

• friend
« Reply #42 on: March 16, 2009, 11:52:59 AM »
"Armageddon" isn't a date, it's a process, and it began some time ago.  I'm not speaking religiously--I don't traffick in prophecy--just noting the obvious on a cultural basis.  What is new is the increasing alienation of We the People from a government more and more perceived as unrepresentative and rogue.  Further economic dislocations will do nothing but heighten that perception.  At some point hats, cattle, and cowboys just get caught up in the general whirlwhind.
"Domari nolo."

Thug: What you lookin' at old man?
Walt Kowalski: Ever notice how you come across somebody once in a while you shouldn't have messed with? That's me.

Molon Labe.

longeyes

• friend
« Reply #43 on: March 16, 2009, 11:59:54 AM »
It is not "new guns laws" that raises the spectre of civil war in the United States.  It is the growing belief that we are being mind-f***** by a government that wishes to criminalize not the worst but the best elements of the American Republic, a government that, to cite a specific, appears for various purposes to see the Second Amendment as somehow being the cause of the escalating unrest at our southern border and beyond it.  All of this is a political dumbshow that hides the real problems and the real perps behind their usual curtain of invisibility.
"Domari nolo."

Walt Kowalski: Ever notice how you come across somebody once in a while you shouldn't have messed with? That's me.

Molon Labe.

Jamisjockey

• friend
« Reply #44 on: March 16, 2009, 01:55:14 PM »
This thread's wandering like a drunk in the fast lane.
Anyone know what the status and the point of the whole teabag thing is?
JD

Gewehr98

• friend
  • Yee-haa!
    • Neural Misfires (Blog)
« Reply #45 on: March 16, 2009, 02:41:23 PM »
I figure it's just a prelude to another Secessionist movement. 

Y'know, the usual "South Shall Rise Again!" stuff...   =D

(That, or it's a ploy by Longeyes to initiate another Civil War/Revolution on his terms.)
"Bother", said Pooh, as he chambered another round...

http://neuralmisfires.blogspot.com

"Never squat with your spurs on!"

Balog

• friends
  • What if we tried more?
« Reply #46 on: March 16, 2009, 03:15:00 PM »
"Armageddon" isn't a date, it's a process, and it began some time ago.  I'm not speaking religiously--I don't traffick in prophecy--just noting the obvious on a cultural basis.  What is new is the increasing alienation of We the People from a government more and more perceived as unrepresentative and rogue.  Further economic dislocations will do nothing but heighten that perception.  At some point hats, cattle, and cowboys just get caught up in the general whirlwhind.

You seem to be missing the point. The reason no one takes "threepers" seriously is because they constantly say "If X happens it's on! We'll start voting from the rooftops etc." Then X happens and... they do nothing but talk more. Now, I'm glad these loonie-tunes aren't actually starting up la revolucion, but it's hard to take em seriously after a while.

If government is the answer, it must have been a really, really, really stupid question.

longeyes

• friend
« Reply #47 on: March 16, 2009, 03:21:12 PM »
Yes, that's right, you found me out, very insightful of you: I'M the one behind all the tea parties and the disguntled taxpayers and the people talking up suspect ammo shortages.  Turn me in, brothers, do something noble and brave for your country.  Listen, I'm not "initiating" anything--the quotation marks are for you, JamisJ--just reporting on what just about everyone here with half a brain knows is going on.  This thread isn't "wandering"--that's another for you, JJ--it's just looping around into what the whole thing is really all about.  But increasingly I wonder what the damn point is in even discussing it.  I've said in other posts that what the exponents of liberty desperately need--and are perhaps in the first stages of getting--is a militant and dedicated civil rights movement that brings large masses of people out into the open and vocal--while there is still time.  I mean LAWFUL assemblies that also reflect the deep feelings and true numbers of those who have a different vision of America from where we have been drifting.  No more, no less.  It is painfully obvious we need some leadership.  Over and out.
"Domari nolo."

Molon Labe.

Balog

• friends
  • What if we tried more?
« Reply #48 on: March 16, 2009, 03:26:19 PM »
 It is painfully obvious we need some leadership.

I think we all agree on that. The big question is of course, who?

longeyes

• friend
« Reply #49 on: March 16, 2009, 03:31:32 PM »
You seem to be missing the point. The reason no one takes "threepers" seriously is because they constantly say "If X happens it's on! We'll start voting from the rooftops etc." Then X happens and... they do nothing but talk more. Now, I'm glad these loonie-tunes aren't actually starting up la revolucion, but it's hard to take em seriously after a while.

I hadn't heard the term "threeper" until today, but I know the type.  My question to you is this: do you want them to talk and not act or do you want them to walk the walk?  Perhaps they are merely venting their frustrations, felt by many, in the only way they know.  Everyone knows that this is no laughing matter, no topic for barroom braggadoccio.  I don't claim to know who's "real" and who isn't; nor do I claim--though I have my own opinions--about what might trigger serious social discontent.  I try to take a sober look at the accumulating realities around us and take an imaginative leap--no doubt not shared by all--into some future scenarios.

There are a lot of people on talk radio these days who talk "hard" and then back off when they rouse their callers.  I find that repugnant, dishonest, and cowardly.  Let me cite one example: "the great one," Mark Levin.  He trafficks in high anger on a daily basis, slamming this current administration top to bottom.  But when someone asks him, "Mark, what can we do?," his answer is, "What are YOU doing?"  What then is all this rabble-rousing palaver FOR if not to spur action of some useful type?  The other day Levin said, "It took us 80 years to get here, and it will take 80 years for us to get out."  Really?  Who on this forum thinks we HAVE 80 years?  Anyway...
"Domari nolo."

Molon Labe.