Author Topic: Presidential debate thoughts  (Read 15558 times)

Hawkmoon

• friend
Re: Presidential debate thoughts
« Reply #50 on: October 04, 2012, 05:11:10 PM »
Just confirmed my intention to not vote at all.

Please reconsider.

Philosophically, I understand your sentiment and I even agree with it. However, as the Buddha taught, "Moderation in all things" is the path to enlightenment. There are times when making an exception is worthwhile. IMHO, this is one of those times. Don't think of it as voting for Mitt Romney. Think of it as voting to exterminate the vermin in the White House.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

AJ Dual

• friends
  • Shoe Ballistics Inc.
« Reply #51 on: October 04, 2012, 05:26:31 PM »
Quote from: https://twitter.com/bob_owens/status/253701790263025665
Some people eat when they get depressed. I hope Michelle put Bo outside for the night.

Stole that for FB.  =D
I promise not to duck.

Harold Tuttle

• Professor Chromedome
  • friend
« Reply #52 on: October 04, 2012, 05:42:48 PM »
"The true mad scientist does not make public appearances! He does not wear the "Hello, my name is.." badge!
He strikes from below like a viper or on high like a penny dropped from the tallest building around!
He only has one purpose--Do bad things to good people! Mit science! What good is science if no one gets hurt?!"

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #53 on: October 04, 2012, 06:23:49 PM »
Please reconsider.

Philosophically, I understand your sentiment and I even agree with it. However, as the Buddha taught, "Moderation in all things" is the path to enlightenment. There are times when making an exception is worthwhile. IMHO, this is one of those times. Don't think of it as voting for Mitt Romney. Think of it as voting to exterminate the vermin in the White House.
Please also consider voting for your non-democrat congressional candidates and such.  A congress that helps keep Romney pulled to the right would ba a good thing, assuming you have halfway decent candidates. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Fly320s

• friend
  • Formerly, Arthur, King of the Britons
« Reply #54 on: October 04, 2012, 06:29:40 PM »
heh, heh, I just read that Al Gore was wondering if the altitude was a factor in the presidents poor performance!

Damn, Al Gore has gotten fat.
Islamic sex dolls.  Do they blow themselves up?

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
« Reply #55 on: October 04, 2012, 07:12:51 PM »
Damn, Al Gore has gotten fat.

Gotten?!?!?  Dude, he blimped out after he lost in 2000.    I bet it was him that lady in Florida was riding, not an alleged sea cow.
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

Lee

• friend
« Reply #56 on: October 04, 2012, 08:18:44 PM »
I watched it.  I agree  that Romney did a good job and seemed very natural and relaxed.  But thinking today, that Obama is a working President - while Romney is... what?  What does he do while everyone else is at work or getting poorer?

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
« Reply #57 on: October 04, 2012, 09:01:40 PM »
Obama inherited a recession and, without bothering to disguise what he was up to, dedicated himself to exploiting it for the purpose of jamming through a radical program, dear to his party, that never had public support. About the recession, he did nothing, assuming that the economy would bounce back quickly, as it usually does, and that he would get the credit for the recovery.

The magnitude of this political gambit is staggering, particularly in light of the consequences of its failure.

The policritters and activists who conceived of it and made it happen bore no consequences.  On the contrary, they benefited greatly from political patronage and later sinecures in the "private" sector carve-outs for the politically connected.
Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
« Reply #58 on: October 04, 2012, 09:04:14 PM »
IBD had a great front page article today that just rips into the president, right where Romney left off.

http://news.investors.com/100312-627990-presidents-case-for-re-election-rests-on-five-claims-all-phony.aspx

Is no one willing to walk up to Obama and tell him he has no clothes he's a liar?
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #59 on: October 04, 2012, 10:10:48 PM »
IBD had a great front page article today that just rips into the president, right where Romney left off.

http://news.investors.com/100312-627990-presidents-case-for-re-election-rests-on-five-claims-all-phony.aspx

Is no one willing to walk up to Obama and tell him he has no clothes he's a liar?

But, but, but ... but Obama said Romney is a liar.

Durn it, now I'm gettin' cornfuzed. This here's gettin' ta be like that old riddle about meeting a strange Indian and having to figure out whether he's a lying Blackfoot or a truth-telling Whitefoot when you ask for directions to where yer a-goin'.

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #60 on: October 04, 2012, 11:07:17 PM »
I watched it.  I agree  that Romney did a good job and seemed very natural and relaxed.  But thinking today, that Obama is a working President - while Romney is... what?  What does he do while everyone else is at work or getting poorer?

Huh?

???

What?

Please tell me there's a punchline.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

gunsmith

• I forgot to get vaccinated!
  • friend
  • I'm sorry, Dave. I'm afraid I can't do that.
« Reply #61 on: October 04, 2012, 11:32:23 PM »
Politicians and bureaucrats are considered productive if they swarm the populace like a plague of locust, devouring all substance in their path and leaving a swath of destruction like a firestorm. The technical term is "bipartisanship".
Rocket Man: "The need for booster shots for the immunized has always been based on the science.  Political science, not medical science."

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
« Reply #62 on: October 04, 2012, 11:45:53 PM »

I really have to contest your premise that Obama is a "working" president. From what I've seen, William Henry Harrison is the only president to have done less work in office...
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #63 on: October 05, 2012, 01:02:33 AM »
I really have to contest your premise that Obama is a "working" president.

Do you really have to contest an obvious falsehood? :lol:

No, Lee, I'm sure it was hard work for Obama to ghost his way into Osama's compound and fill him full of lead.

But I still don't understand how Romney is at fault for not being "a working president." He applied for the job more than four years ago.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

roo_ster

• friend
« Reply #64 on: October 05, 2012, 07:47:31 AM »

The White House today announced that it was offering a “substantial cash reward” for information leading to “the location and safe return of President Obama’s mojo.”

White House Press Secretary Jay Carney announced the search with an air of urgency: “We will use every resource at our disposal to ensure the return of the President’s mojo, and that goes double for his groove.”

Mr. Carney said that as of late Wednesday afternoon no one at the White House knew the President’s mojo was missing, but minutes into last night’s televised debate “it became clear that something was terribly, horribly wrong.”
Regards,

roo_ster

----G.K. Chesterton

roo_ster

• friend
« Reply #65 on: October 05, 2012, 08:38:50 AM »
This gives us throbbing levels of immensely transcendent galaxy-tripping joy not because we think Romney is anything to write home about or that any substantial issues were raised during the debate, but because Obama’s lapdogs and water boys and bootlickers and lawn jockeys and Fourth Estate concubines have been trying their gosh-diggety-darndest to declare that Romney had already lost the election.
The reprehensibly fat and oily prog-pundit smarmball Cenk Ugly Uygur of The Young Turds Turks went so far as to declare on Monday that “This Election is Already Over – Obama Won.”

But after Wednesday night, when Romney made creamed corn out of Obama, it is our sincerest wish that Uygur is curled up in a ball in the shower, trying to wash away all the shame while attempting to eat his own body fat.

I wish I had written something like that.
Regards,

roo_ster

----G.K. Chesterton

slingshot

• friend
« Reply #66 on: October 05, 2012, 10:57:51 AM »

Despite clearly being a man who wanted the title and the power, but not the WORK of being POTUS, all the vacations, more golf in a year than GWB had in a term, maybe two, all the gaps and "free time" in his daily schedule, the skipped intel briefings, it all points to my theory of Obama being a dilettante President.

If there were someone suitably to the Left that he could hand the reins of power over to, without looking like a quitter or a loser, I think Obama would be quite relieved. It's an admittedly long chain of speculation, but with Obama's dead father, single white mother and guilty grandparents, then being the "American Boy" in Indonesian schools as the stepson of Sotero where not much was expected of him, then the affirmative-action token black who coasted academically through college (sealed transcripts, one can only assume they're not flattering, or even fraudulent), then on to his sinecures as "community organizer" and the non-teaching "Constitutional Law Professor" at UIC, Chicago Machine appointment to the IL legislature, Ayers ghost-writing "Dreams of my Father" for him, the lucky break of a sex-scandal shooing him into the U.S. Senate... then POTUS.

It all just fell in his lap. Meshes perfectly with his infamous "You didn't do that!" comments from this summer. He achieved the highest office in the land. Arguably (before diminishing it) the most powerful position in the world. And he "didn't do it". It just fell to him.

Unfortunately for him, there is no higher power than POTUS, and people expect things of him. Even as an amateur with no executive background, operating as a figurehead at 100% delegation, it's still demanding. Poor Obama.

So his performance in the debate comes as no surprise.

Pretty good post!  It was quite a mouthful and about the way I feel about our president.  He really didn't DO IT.  Hence he believes that nobody had done it for themselves through hard work.

Six years ago (or actually during the Democratic national convention where Kerry was nominated), the liberals saw a man in Obama who could deliver a good speech, was reasonably smart, had good progressive credentials, and generally believed the way they do.  Hence he was the perfect candidate and they found ways through manipulation of the truth to get him elected.  He had really no idea how to be president and felt that his tool set would carry him through both here and abroad.  His tool set is essentially being able to give a good speech and smile.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2012, 11:18:29 AM by slingshot »
It shall be as it was in the past... Not with dreams, but with strength and with courage... Shall a nation be molded to last. (The Plainsman, 1936)

Balog

• Unrepentant race traitor
  • friends
  • What if we tried more?
« Reply #67 on: October 05, 2012, 10:59:21 AM »
Governor Romney did a better job than I expected.  There needs to be stronger moderation, though.  Perhaps they should give Jim Lehrer a Taser.

I hear this a lot from liberals (no offense MillCreek). Is there going to be a moderator when the potus is dealing with Putin? During Senate negotiations? Maybe "Can the candidate handle themselves without someone telling the other guy to be nice?" is a good thing to find out. Whatever you think of Obama in general, the idea of that cringing loser nodding and avoiding eye contact with Ackmydinnerjacket et al brings shame on our country. He should've bowed to Romney...
Quote from: French G.
I was always pleasant, friendly and within arm's reach of a gun.

Quote from: Standing Wolf
If government is the answer, it must have been a really, really, really stupid question.

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #68 on: October 05, 2012, 11:55:39 AM »
I awoke this morning to see a news article proclaiming that (drum roll, please) the unemployment rate is suddenly at 7.8%, the owest it has been since Obama took office.

Yay!

Then I found an article (or blog) from yesterday in which it was predicted after Obama got thrashed in the debate that the Feds would conveniently announce an unemployment rate somewhere around 7.9%. I don't recall who wrote it, but he/she was right on the money. The .gov will do anything they possibly can to prevent the populace from knowing the truth.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2012, 10:00:15 PM by Hawkmoon »

kgbsquirrel

• APS Photoshop God
  • friend
  • Bill, slayer of threads.
« Reply #69 on: October 05, 2012, 12:01:01 PM »
http://www.bls.gov/news.release/empsit.t15.htm

U-6 Total unemployed, plus all persons marginally attached to the labor force, plus total employed part time for economic reasons, as a percent of the civilian labor force plus all persons marginally attached to the labor force: Sept 2012 - 14.7%

longeyes

• friend
« Reply #70 on: October 05, 2012, 12:09:21 PM »
Lies piled on lies.

But we rejoice in the debate.

Wait a minute...

What debate?

There was no debate.

How could there be a debate when Romney was not there, when there was a phantasm pretending to be Romney, and when Obama could not be Obama because he didn't want to look like like the chimerical Angry Black Man?

No, folks, there was no debate, and if there was Obama had to win it.  Repeat after me.
"Domari nolo."

Thug: What you lookin' at old man?
Walt Kowalski: Ever notice how you come across somebody once in a while you shouldn't have messed with? That's me.

Molon Labe.

TechMan

• Administrator
  • Yes, your moderation has been outsourced.
« Reply #71 on: October 05, 2012, 01:33:41 PM »
Hawkmoon - Never underestimate another person's capacity for stupidity. Any time you think someone can't possibly be that dumb ... they'll prove you wrong.

Bacon and Eggs - A day's work for a chicken; A lifetime commitment for a pig.
Stupidity will always be its own reward.
Bad decisions make good stories.

Viking - The problem with the modern world is that there aren't really any predators eating stupid people.

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #72 on: October 05, 2012, 01:42:55 PM »
Obama had his fanny handed to him in the first debate, and it was highly entertaining.  However, I don't expect that to happen to him on the second go around.  You can bet that, 1) The Obama team is going make sure The One is prepped and properly practiced for the next debate, 2) The moderator of the next debate, Candy Crowley of CNN, has been given instructions to make Romney pay for winning the first debate.
Plus, the Stupid Party is well known for squandering victories.  I'd expect nothing less from Romney's team.
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

Doggy Daddy

• Poobah
  • friend
  • From the saner side of Las Vegas
« Reply #73 on: October 05, 2012, 01:55:08 PM »

Dammit Harold!!

I can't not watch this!!   :lol:

Would you exchange
a walk-on part in a war
for a lead role in a cage?
-P.F.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #74 on: October 05, 2012, 02:06:21 PM »
With the next debate being a "town hall", I fully expect Obama to "win", at least by MSM standards. It's an arena where he performs well, because it goes back to being all about the fancy cover to the book. He'll have an audience to dazzle with slogans.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."