Author Topic: Ted Nugent admits to poaching a black bear.  (Read 19625 times)

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
Re: Ted Nugent admits to poaching a black bear.
« Reply #25 on: April 22, 2012, 07:58:19 PM »

Chris

An exception to every rule.

Besides, KR is the result of the hybridization of barbed wire, beef jerky, and Muddy Waters and therefore is not fully human.
Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #26 on: April 22, 2012, 08:06:05 PM »
The plea agreement says Nugent illegally shot and killed the bear in May 2009 on Sukkwan Island days after wounding a bear in a bow hunt, which counted toward a state seasonal limit of one bear.
Looking at the article, it sounds like he screwed up with the rules at least on this occasion.  

I guess poaching creates different impressions to different people.  I automatically think of someone trespassing on someone else's property and killing animals.  This is a bit different but likely meets the legal definition.  I guess there was very little public land for hunting near where I grew up. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

gunsmith

• I forgot to get vaccinated!
  • friend
  • I'm sorry, Dave. I'm afraid I can't do that.
« Reply #27 on: April 22, 2012, 08:14:36 PM »
I saw the documentary about Nugent they're referring to, what they left out of the commentary was that Ted was in his teens and early twenties and a rock star in the 1960's when he was involved with teenage girls.

Society has changed much since then in most places, here in Nevada the age of consent is 16, in CA that's a felony.

Courtney Love? the gal who is probably responsible for killing Cobain? The girl who would get oral sex in public and pose for pictures while doing it? The girl who would use heroin while pregnant? You mean that shining example of truth? You mean to tell me she can even remember who she has given oral sex to?

I was drinking in bars and buying beer when I was under 16 in in the seventies, nobody, anywhere cared about age.

When I was 17 I had a girlfriend, her younger sister was 14 and hanging out at bars and having sex with Robin Williams! ( he was in mork/mindy at the time) I was the only person in their lives who said that it was a bad idea.

Nowadays everyone is like in the jr anti sex league ... I bet every single liberal over 50 who is now calling Nugent a ped was defending Roman Polanski, Polanski is more then ten yrs older then Nugent.
In 77 he drugged,raped,sodomized a 13yr old girl - NO ONE I knew in NYC thought Polanski did anything wrong! ( well, except me and my dad) In 1977 Ted was having consensual sex with girls in their late teen early 20's WHILE HE WAS IN HIS TWENTIES HIMSELF!
 But the same people who are gonna defend Polanski are on the hang Ted side. Ted never said in that documentary that he is currently engaged in sleeping with girls in their teens, he was talking about the freaking 60's & 70's.

Come on! Next are we gonna drag the founding fathers into the gutter because some of them had sex with slaves? I bet they were younger then the Nuge's consensual 17 yr olds!
Politicians and bureaucrats are considered productive if they swarm the populace like a plague of locust, devouring all substance in their path and leaving a swath of destruction like a firestorm. The technical term is "bipartisanship".
Rocket Man: "The need for booster shots for the immunized has always been based on the science.  Political science, not medical science."

gunsmith

• friend
« Reply #28 on: April 22, 2012, 08:20:14 PM »
WRT to the "poaching" I have not read anything about it but it probably was a technical violation of some obscure rule like it was a minute after sunset or something like that. I will bet a hundred dollars that Nugent wasn't sneaking around some wildlife sanctuary & avoiding rangers while looking for a bear to illegally kill.

It was probably some rule written by someone from NYC that hates hunting and has never fired a gun.
Politicians and bureaucrats are considered productive if they swarm the populace like a plague of locust, devouring all substance in their path and leaving a swath of destruction like a firestorm. The technical term is "bipartisanship".
Rocket Man: "The need for booster shots for the immunized has always been based on the science.  Political science, not medical science."

cassandra and sara's daddy

• friends
« Reply #29 on: April 22, 2012, 08:27:22 PM »
he wounded and lost a bear.  that counts as your one bear for that tag.  he then took another   a hunting mulligan
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

by someone older and wiser than I

White Horseradish

• friend
« Reply #30 on: April 22, 2012, 08:49:51 PM »
It was probably some rule written by someone from NYC that hates hunting and has never fired a gun.
People in NYC write hunting regs for Alaska?
Political tags - such as royalist, communist, democrat, populist, fascist, liberal, conservative, and so forth - are never basic criteria. The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire.

Robert A Heinlein

Northwoods

• friend
  • Formerly sumpnz
« Reply #31 on: April 22, 2012, 08:52:28 PM »
Wounding and loosing an animal does not count against your tag everywhere (I can't recall seeing that anywhere in WA or AZ regulations).  He probably assumed (and found what happens when he assumes) that was true in AK rather than read the regulations and pay attention to them.  

Legally, he screwed up and is paying the penalty.  I see no reason to crucify him further.  
Formerly sumpnz

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
« Reply #32 on: April 22, 2012, 09:08:10 PM »
I saw the documentary about Nugent they're referring to, what they left out of the commentary was that Ted was in his teens and early twenties and a rock star in the 1960's when he was involved with teenage girls.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ted_Nugent

He has had two wives and has eight children, including three out of wedlock in two liaisons almost 30 years apart. In the late 1960s, prior to his first marriage, Nugent fathered a boy, Ted (Mann) and a girl, whom he gave up for adoption in infancy. This did not become public knowledge until 2010. The siblings were adopted separately and had no contact with one another. The son learned the identity of his birth father in 2010 through the daughter's quest to make contact with him and their birth parents. According to a news report, Nugent over the years had discussed the existence of these children with his other children.[24]

In 2005 Nugent was involved in a legal battle for not paying enough child support for a child he had out of wedlock in 1995.[25] It was finally resolved when Nugent was ordered to pay $3,500 in child support.[26]

He was married to his first wife, Sandra Jezowski, from 1970 to 1979. They had three children, son Theodore Tobias "Toby" Nugent, and daughters Sasha and Starr Nugent. Sandra died in a car crash in 1982. His second marriage was to Shemane Deziel, whom he met while a guest on Detroit's WLLZ-FM, where she was a member of the news staff. They married on January 21, 1989. Together they have two children, son Rocco Winchester Nugent, and daughter Chantal Nugent.

In 1978, Nugent began a relationship with seventeen-year-old Hawaii native Pele Massa. Due to the age difference they could not marry so Nugent joined Massa's parents in signing documents to make himself her legal guardian, an arrangement that Spin magazine ranked in October 2000 as #63 on their list of the "100 Sleaziest Moments in Rock".[27][28]

So, when Mr. Nugent was 30 years old, he had himself appointed the legal guardian of a 17 year old so he have a relationship with her.  This, in addition  to the out of wedlock children, and perhaps other inappropriate relationships, do not make him a moral paragon.  And I would argue that this applies regardless of your position on the political spectrum.  He does not get a pass solely because he is for the 2nd Amendment and is a spokesperson for conservative causes.

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

brimic

• friends
« Reply #33 on: April 22, 2012, 11:12:47 PM »
Conservatives defending Ted for his lude behavior is about as obnoxious as liberals defending their 'Ted.'
"now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb" -Dark Helmet

"AK47's belong in the hands of soldiers mexican drug cartels"-
Barack Obama

gunsmith

• friend
« Reply #34 on: April 23, 2012, 12:19:24 AM »

the key word here is FROM ,I did not say

From
is a different word then
in

I'm from NYC and now live in Nevada, I always wanted to move to Alaska as a kid, probably some goody two shoes anti hunting extremist from some bastion of hunting freedom like San Francisco or NYC moved there, got a .gov job and gets excited about bossing people around.

So, when Mr. Nugent was 30 years old, he had himself appointed the legal guardian of a 17 year old so he have a relationship with her.
if he had simply flown her to Reno he could have married her, with or without parental consent. When I was 17 I was in the army and if a war had been going on I could have legally killed people. 17 is not a child except in really liberal state like Hawaii or CA.
Heck, in South Carolina if he had parental consent he could have legally married her at 14. ... besides, like I said-in the seventies nobody cared, a 17yr old having sex with a 30yr old was downright middle of the road white bread conservative behavior.

Conservatives defending Ted for his lude behavior is about as obnoxious as liberals defending their 'Ted.'

WHAT!!! OMG!!!! ARE YOU FREAKING KIDDING ME!!!!, standing on the back of a young women so you can escape the car and leaving her to suffer and suffocate for hours, (at the bottom of a river) without a thought of trying to get aid or attempt a rescue her yourself is way, way beyond "Lewd"     The LE rescue diver testified in Court that he could have saved  Mary Jo Kopechne
the coroner testified she suffered horribly, for a long time.

That's like saying Obama is as bad as Michael Vick because he ate a dog while Vick, hung it, stabbed it and tortured it to death.

It looked as if she were holding herself up to get a last breath of air. It was a consciously assumed position. ... She didn't drown. She died of suffocation in her own air void. It took her at least three or four hours to die. I could have had her out of that car twenty-five minutes after I got the call. But he [Ted Kennedy] didn't call.
    — diver John Farrar,  Inquest into the Death of Mary Jo Kopechne, Commonwealth of Massachusetts, Edgartown District Court. New York: EVR Productions, 1970.

Ted Kennedy partied ( after leaving Mary Jo to dies,horribly,all alone), even got out of bed later to call the Hotel staff to complain about freaking NOISE!

To call Ted Kennedy LEWD is to call Manson ungentlemanly

« Last Edit: April 23, 2012, 12:26:29 AM by gunsmith »

brimic

• friends
« Reply #35 on: April 23, 2012, 12:24:26 AM »
Regardless of the magnitudes of their crimes and other various bad behaviors, defending these pathetic individuals is pathetic.

Barack Obama

gunsmith

• friend
« Reply #36 on: April 23, 2012, 12:50:40 AM »
Regardless of the magnitudes of their crimes and other various bad behaviors, defending these pathetic individuals is pathetic.

Compared to Ted Kennedy, Nugent is a humanitarian.  So Far no one can really cite any evidence of being a pedophile, a really freaking serious charge to make. Things are mightily different now then they were in the 60's and the 70's .

Its reminding me of the fake outrage of the anti gunners, if a 17yr old is shot in school he is a child, if a 17yr old shoots someone he is a gunman.

Calamity Jane was known to be kind and generous to the sick and the needy, she was somebody you wanted on your side if attacked or ambushed. Forget all that though, she was also a prostitute so lets throw her to the wolves

Tuco

• Fastest non-sequitur in the West.
  • friends
  • If you miss you had better miss very well
« Reply #37 on: April 23, 2012, 07:10:35 AM »
Compared to Ted Kennedy, Nugent is a humanitarian.  So Far no one can really cite any evidence of being a pedophile, a really freaking serious charge to make. Things are mightily different now then they were in the 60's and the 70's .

Its reminding me of the fake outrage of the anti gunners, if a 17yr old is shot in school he is a child, if a 17yr old shoots someone he is a gunman.

Calamity Jane was known to be kind and generous to the sick and the needy, she was somebody you wanted on your side if attacked or ambushed. Forget all that though, she was also a prostitute so lets throw her to the wolves

Uh, okay fanboy, we get it.  You worship Ted Nugent. That's understandable, and hopefully you'll grow out of it.  Doesn't change the fact that he's a serial  game violator and has no respect for social decorum.  Not a problem for a musician, except according to you, Miles Davis.
7-11 was a part time job.

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
« Reply #38 on: April 23, 2012, 09:09:55 AM »
Ted opens his suck, and stupid obnoxious idiocy spews forth. This alone should bar him from being the "spokesman" of the 2A.
He would like to be the sportsman's self appointed spokesman. 
But he is as divisive as Jesse Jackson or Al Sharpton.  Do not want.
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

gunsmith

• friend
« Reply #39 on: April 23, 2012, 02:47:51 PM »
Uh, okay fanboy, we get it.  You worship Ted Nugent. That's understandable, and hopefully you'll grow out of it.  Doesn't change the fact that he's a serial  game violator and has no respect for social decorum.  Not a problem for a musician, except according to you, Miles Davis.

LOL!!  I wondered if anyone would notice that.

I doubt that the Nuge had to drug anybody, and even his detractors admit he never used drugs.

I simply dislike Miles for personal reasons, never called him a ped though.

There is no worship of The Nuge going on here either, just calling it as I see it.

White Horseradish

• friend
« Reply #40 on: April 23, 2012, 07:41:34 PM »
There is no worship of The Nuge going on here either, just calling it as I see it.
In that case, would you agree that he is comparable to Woody Allen in his level of creepiness?  >:D
Political tags - such as royalist, communist, democrat, populist, fascist, liberal, conservative, and so forth - are never basic criteria. The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire.

Robert A Heinlein

gunsmith

• friend
« Reply #41 on: April 23, 2012, 08:59:26 PM »
In that case, would you agree that he is comparable to Woody Allen in his level of creepiness?  >:D

Nope. The Woody scandal was different, he married his girlfriends
( or was it his ex wife? ) adopted daughter, I think he had dated her for yrs and was an adult, young - no doubt but still an adult. Probably made the exwife angry too, I would imagine.

It still seems to me to be selective outrage being stoked by the liberal media. .... Somehow the Nuge is a creepy ped for using a loophole to get with a girl he could legally get with here in NV, a 17 yr old having sex with a 30 yr old didn't raise any eyebrows until the Nuge became an outspoken gun nut.

The same people screaming about Ted having a consensual relationship,( with a girl old enough to carry a gun for Uncle Sam) never screamed about Rolling Stone Bill Wyman having a 13yr old girlfriend when he was in his fifties, Bills a nice liberal. Shock and outrage generated by the media is only for horrible animal killers. Its legal here in NV for the Nuge to have a 16yr old girlfriend, being attracted to a 17 yr old does not qualify for pedophilia, it can qualify for creepy though. In my view though the Nuge is just a wild and crazy gun nut, while Miles Davis got teen girls all messed up on drugs so they didn't know up from down. Big difference.

gunsmith

• friend
« Reply #42 on: April 23, 2012, 09:02:37 PM »
also, what is the point of "well, you don't hate the Nuge, how do you feel about this or that celebrity"

If I wanted to endlessly speculate about celebs I could go to Perez Hilton.com or move to Los Angeles.

White Horseradish

• friend
« Reply #43 on: April 23, 2012, 10:53:15 PM »
Nope. The Woody scandal was different, he married his girlfriends
( or was it his ex wife? ) adopted daughter, I think he had dated her for yrs and was an adult, young - no doubt but still an adult. Probably made the exwife angry too, I would imagine.

It still seems to me to be selective outrage being stoked by the liberal media. .... Somehow the Nuge is a creepy ped for using a loophole to get with a girl he could legally get with here in NV, a 17 yr old having sex with a 30 yr old didn't raise any eyebrows until the Nuge became an outspoken gun nut.

The same people screaming about Ted having a consensual relationship,( with a girl old enough to carry a gun for Uncle Sam) never screamed about Rolling Stone Bill Wyman having a 13yr old girlfriend when he was in his fifties, Bills a nice liberal. Shock and outrage generated by the media is only for horrible animal killers. Its legal here in NV for the Nuge to have a 16yr old girlfriend, being attracted to a 17 yr old does not qualify for pedophilia, it can qualify for creepy though. In my view though the Nuge is just a wild and crazy gun nut, while Miles Davis got teen girls all messed up on drugs so they didn't know up from down. Big difference.
I didn't say he was a pedophile. Somebody else did. I said he was creepy. And when that loophole involves becoming a girl's guardian that effectively makes her his stepdaughter. So yeah, pretty damn creepy.

The reason I brought up Woody was that he did pretty much the same thing - hooked up with his stepdaughter. But, clearly, that is not at all the same because Nuge likes guns.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2012, 10:56:25 PM by White Horseradish »

Robert A Heinlein

gunsmith

• friend
« Reply #44 on: April 23, 2012, 11:01:42 PM »
that is not at all the same because Nuge likes guns.

& girls.

brimic

• friends
« Reply #45 on: April 24, 2012, 08:26:18 AM »
The reason I brought up Woody was that he did pretty much the same thing - hooked up with his stepdaughter. But, clearly, that is not at all the same because Nuge likes guns.
And then there's Roman Polanski- not much media outrage over what he's done.

Barack Obama

Boomhauer

• Former Moderator, fired for embezzlement and abuse of power
  • friends
« Reply #46 on: April 24, 2012, 11:09:37 AM »
Well, now that I've been even more enlightened of Nugent's creepy past I really don't like him. That *expletive deleted*it is creepy as hell.

Quote from: Ben
Holy hell. It's like giving a loaded gun to a chimpanzee...

Quote from: bluestarlizzard
the last thing you need is rabies. You're already angry enough as it is.

OTOH, there wouldn't be a tweeker left in Georgia...

Quote from: Balog
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! AND THROW SOME STEAK ON THE GRILL!

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
« Reply #47 on: April 24, 2012, 11:38:52 AM »
Well, now that I've been even more enlightened of Nugent's creepy past I really don't like him. That *expletive deleted* is creepy as hell.

The comparisons to Woody Allen, Miles Davis, Polanski et al & pedophilia are off the mark.  I see no lawbreaking or his use of drugs to coerce.  Courtney Love's word is good as gold not worth an empty syringe with a rusty needle.

On the whole, though, Nugent's behavior sure was creepifying back in the day.  Not sure if it was any worse than a whole lot of baby boomers back then.  An awful lot of polyester hedonism broke up the marriages of my friends' parents growing up. 
Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

brimic

• friends
« Reply #48 on: April 24, 2012, 11:54:33 AM »
The comparisons to Woody Allen, Miles Davis, Polanski et al & pedophilia are off the mark.

I think the point of the comparisons is that the above names weren't destroyed by the media for much creepier and and much more illegal activities than what Ted is being accused of.

I'm not at all defending Ted, but to some people on the left, poaching a bear is a far bigger sin than raping an adolescent.

Barack Obama

White Horseradish

• friend
« Reply #49 on: April 24, 2012, 12:26:53 PM »
The comparisons to Woody Allen, Miles Davis, Polanski et al & pedophilia are off the mark.  I see no lawbreaking or his use of drugs to coerce.  
Woody Allen did not break the law, did not use drugs to coerce, and likes girls. How is a comparison to him off the mark?

Robert A Heinlein