Author Topic: Ted Nugent admits to poaching a black bear.  (Read 19631 times)

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
Re: Ted Nugent admits to poaching a black bear.
« Reply #50 on: April 24, 2012, 12:33:21 PM »
I'm not at all defending Ted, but to some people on the left, poaching a bear is a far bigger sin than raping an adolescent.

Sad but true.

Woody Allen did not break the law, did not use drugs to coerce, and likes girls. How is a comparison to him off the mark?

Nugent did not raise the Hawaiian girl from childhood and was not her father-figure for her entire conscious life.  While the lengths to which Nugent went to stay legal were creepy, had he had a relationship anywhere sex with a 17YO is legal, it would have been of little note.  My wife, when she sold jewelry, saw larger age gaps every week.  Again, the creepy thing about it was the lengths to which he went to stay legal, not the 17 vs whatever age gap.
Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #51 on: April 24, 2012, 10:37:09 PM »
I'm not at all defending Ted, but to some people on the left, poaching a bear, or having unfashionable political and social views, is a far bigger sin than raping an adolescent.

Fixed!
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Pharmacology

• friends
« Reply #52 on: April 25, 2012, 02:15:33 AM »
standing on the back of a young women so you can escape the car and leaving her to suffer and suffocate for hours, (at the bottom of a river)

And I thought David Blaine could hold his breath for a long time   =D

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
« Reply #53 on: April 25, 2012, 11:31:42 AM »
So ... there's no evidence that Ted had sex with the bear, right ???   

Freedom is a heavy load, a great and strange burden for the spirit to undertake. It is not easy. It is not a gift given, but a choice made, and the choice may be a hard one. The road goes upward toward the light; but the laden traveller may never reach the end of it.  - Ursula Le Guin

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
« Reply #54 on: April 25, 2012, 11:36:12 AM »
So ... there's no evidence that Ted had sex with the bear, right ???   

Or that he lawyer-whipped a way to make it legal in Alaska.
Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

MicroBalrog

• friend
« Reply #55 on: April 25, 2012, 11:37:35 AM »
If anybody thinks having a consensual sexual relationship with a 17-year-old (been there, done that), is somehow comparable to physically dragging a screaming, terrified 14-year-old to your bed to forcibly rape her, they're living out in la-la land.

Destroy The Enemy in Hand-to-Hand Combat.

"...tradition and custom becomes intertwined and are a strong coercion which directs the society upon fixed lines, and strangles liberty. " ~ William Graham Sumner

wmenorr67

• friend
« Reply #56 on: April 25, 2012, 02:29:27 PM »
Then there is Jerry Lee Lewis marrying his 13 year old cousin.
There are five things, above all else, that make life worth living: a good relationship with God, a good woman, good health, good friends, and a good cigar.

Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American Soldier.  One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Bacon is the candy bar of meats!

Only the dead have seen the end of war!

cassandra and sara's daddy

• friends
« Reply #57 on: April 25, 2012, 03:04:59 PM »
If anybody thinks having a consensual sexual relationship with a 17-year-old (been there, done that), is somehow comparable to physically dragging a screaming, terrified 14-year-old to your bed to forcibly rape her, they're living out in la-la land.

Don't forget Elvis and how old Priscilla was and his deal with her mom
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

by someone older and wiser than I

gunsmith

• I forgot to get vaccinated!
  • friend
  • I'm sorry, Dave. I'm afraid I can't do that.
« Reply #58 on: April 25, 2012, 03:17:33 PM »
Don't forget Elvis and how old Priscilla was and his deal with her mom
& the King liked guns too!!
Politicians and bureaucrats are considered productive if they swarm the populace like a plague of locust, devouring all substance in their path and leaving a swath of destruction like a firestorm. The technical term is "bipartisanship".
Rocket Man: "The need for booster shots for the immunized has always been based on the science.  Political science, not medical science."