Author Topic: Smith & Wesson 645 - good deal?  (Read 566 times)

RadioFreeSeaLab

• friend
Smith & Wesson 645 - good deal?
« on: August 11, 2007, 03:11:12 PM »
I started this same thread on THR, but APS usually yields answers faster, and I know you guys better than the masses at THR.
Anyway, today I was roaming around the local gun shops, and I found a stainless SW 645, with four eight round mags, and a worn but very serviceable holster.  The gun itself looked to be in very good shape.  Price is $425, and after taxes and fees, I'd probably be out $500 or so.  Does that seem like a reasonably good deal to you folks?  Anyone have experience with the 645?

Moondoggie

• friend
Re: Smith & Wesson 645 - good deal?
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2007, 07:05:30 AM »
That's a perfectly acceptable price.

I'd be happy to pay that amount for one.  Considering the 4 mags and holster that come with it, I wouldn't hesitate to buy it.

I only own one S&W semi auto...a 4506.  I've had it for 20 yrs and it is superbly accurate and absolutely reliable.  It's my nightstand pistol our of about 15 self defense capable pistols that I own...if that tells you anything.  I'd expect that a 645 would be just as accurate and reliable.

Buy.

Enjoy!

Known from coast to coast, almost!

Mannlicher

• Grumpy Old Gator
  • friend
  • The Bonnie Blue
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2007, 09:30:34 AM »
yep, a darn good price

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2007, 01:52:35 PM »
The 645 generally had some reliability issues that were addressed in the second generation S&Ws.

Overall, though, they're usually pretty good handguns.

$425 seems to be an OK price given what's happening with the gun market these days, but it's certainly not a great price.

See if you can haggle it down to a great price. Smiley
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.