Author Topic: How can this happen. When thugs are issued badges  (Read 17839 times)

mellestad

• friend
Re: How can this happen. When thugs are issued badges
« Reply #100 on: April 30, 2010, 02:43:20 PM »
@Balog/Cas:  Just as an aside, you might both be more convincing if you didn't start calling people trolls when they don't bend under the weight of your irrefutable logic.

Not agreeing != troll.  Trolling is an act where someone deliberately starts a discussion with no purpose other than to infuriate others.  Just because someone's argument makes you angry, doesn't mean they are doing it on purpose.

I've never seen the word troll thrown around like this before, in this case it is absurd.  You are both long time members of the forum with long post histories.  You disagree.  Be adults about it.  You can have a thread a thousand posts long full of passionate disagreement and still not have either one of you being a troll.

I'd be interested to know, medically, what the average blood pressure rate is at APS.  So many people get so angry with so little provocation, I don't get it, how do you deal with real life when people don't agree with you?  (See, this last sentance was some mild trolling  =D)

cassandra and sara's daddy

• friends
« Reply #101 on: April 30, 2010, 02:44:50 PM »
Apparently you can't but good try anyway!
''I'm sorry i thought I had. the punctuation musta confused me.
Let me try again  my son pulled 5 outa a possible 10 for something he did in fact do that I thought only rose to the level of a crime where he lived because the guy he fought was white. I was angry  at him for not calling me to get a better lawyer and at him for doing it and getting caught.I was mad at the guy he fought and considered going to see him but decided hes being better punished being alive. Were my daughter to be roughed up iI would want to know hat happened before I went one way or the other ,  my initial guess would be my oldest she was innocent my youngest guilty. Its hard to play seer but I'd likely take a very cold look at anyone who was with her and their role in whatever nonsense got started .They could be in trouble.  I spend a lot of time dealing with the aftermath of stupid human tricks. once they were mine now the guys i counsel. I spent a ton of time in court. i am not too delusional about how the system works hence my giggling at your "false charges "plaint.   I still would love to see that warrant. curious how it can't be found  when all the other cherry picked stuff can be.  The only trouble i expect the trooper to face is a lecture about charging to the max and not giving breaks in the future
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

by someone older and wiser than I

• friends
« Reply #102 on: April 30, 2010, 02:45:38 PM »
could you show where i posted the word troll here ?
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

Balog

• Unrepentant race traitor
  • friends
  • What if we tried more?
« Reply #103 on: April 30, 2010, 03:15:07 PM »
Depends on the definition of troll dunnit? I define it as posting in a way designed mainly to cause anger and aggresive reactions. One can do it the CSD way, by being insulting. One can do it your way, by being polite yet condescending.

A good clue as to trolldom is coming to a forum with certain ideological tendencies, claiming to have formerly believed as the majority do, but having since outgrown such childish and illogical notion. Another is constantly demanding evidence and that people answer your questions, but refusing to address the issues raised against you, side stepping, changing the point of the debate when it goes against you etc. A brief over view of your post history in politics (or shootinstudent's back when he posted in Politics a lot) shows this habit. One can be polite and break no rules, and yet be a troll.

For a good example of how to be a liberal on a libertarian/conservative forum, look at Nitrogen. I disagree with him vehemently on many issues, but he can generally make his point in a arrogance and condescension free way.
Quote from: French G.
I was always pleasant, friendly and within arm's reach of a gun.

Quote from: Standing Wolf
If government is the answer, it must have been a really, really, really stupid question.

kgbsquirrel

• APS Photoshop God
  • friend
  • Bill, slayer of threads.
« Reply #104 on: April 30, 2010, 03:21:52 PM »
I'd be interested to know, medically, what the average blood pressure rate is at APS.  So many people get so angry with so little provocation, I don't get it, how do you deal with real life when people don't agree with you?  (See, this last sentance was some mild trolling  =D)

120 over 80 actually. Just had it checked as part of my VA stuff. I simply stop posting once it becomes apparent my opposite is arguing from an emotional base, rather than debating from a logical base. It is extraordinarily rare to convert someone who is arguing from an entrenched emotion position to your point of view, so after saying my bit I just go spend my time and energy at more productive tasks.

mellestad

• friend
« Reply #105 on: April 30, 2010, 03:33:04 PM »
Depends on the definition of troll dunnit? I define it as posting in a way designed mainly to cause anger and aggresive reactions. One can do it the CSD way, by being insulting. One can do it your way, by being polite yet condescending.

A good clue as to trolldom is coming to a forum with certain ideological tendencies, claiming to have formerly believed as the majority do, but having since outgrown such childish and illogical notion. Another is constantly demanding evidence and that people answer your questions, but refusing to address the issues raised against you, side stepping, changing the point of the debate when it goes against you etc. A brief over view of your post history in politics (or shootinstudent's back when he posted in Politics a lot) shows this habit. One can be polite and break no rules, and yet be a troll.

For a good example of how to be a liberal on a libertarian/conservative forum, look at Nitrogen. I disagree with him vehemently on many issues, but he can generally make his point in a arrogance and condescension free way.

Did you just define troll as disagreeing with the majority on an Internet forum?  Nice, Balog, and here I thought APS was for people of all backgrounds and beliefs.

Balog

• friends
  • What if we tried more?
« Reply #106 on: April 30, 2010, 03:36:01 PM »
Did you just define troll as disagreeing with the majority on an Internet forum?  Nice, Balog, and here I thought APS was for people of all backgrounds and beliefs.

No, willfully ignoring what I posted is though.

Quote from: Balog

Edit: I bolded it for you so you won't miss it a second time.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2010, 03:39:59 PM by Balog »

If government is the answer, it must have been a really, really, really stupid question.

Seenterman

• friend
« Reply #107 on: April 30, 2010, 03:59:34 PM »
''I'm sorry i thought I had. the punctuation musta confused me.
Let me try again

I don't know how you missed it but this this is what I was talking. Re: the wiretapping charge.

This is akin to an open carrier getting charged with disturbing the peace. It seems when someone is OC'ing every cop must know off the top of their head that its legal, and allowed or else their gonna get slapped with a civil lawsuit. When this cop wrote up this warrant, it wasn't in the heat of the moment on the street, it was in the precinct where he had access to look up the law, or consult a DA. He obviously did none of those.

For the wiretapping charge to stick the person being tapped must have had a expectation of privacy. Answer me this directly, no deflections if you can, Do you think you have an expectation of privacy when your in public. Why or why not? Do security camera's pointing out into a public street constitute felony wiretapping when recording people who have not given their explicit consent?  How is this any different than a mobile security camera?

My last question may not have been clear. How is the cyclists helmet mounted video camera different from a security camera in a legal perspective. They both record people out in public that have not given their explicit consent to be taped. Do security cameras in that state break the wiretapping law?

mellestad

• friend
« Reply #108 on: April 30, 2010, 04:05:07 PM »
No, willfully ignoring what I posted is though.

Edit: I bolded it for you so you won't miss it a second time.

So anyone who makes you mad is a troll?  And come on Balog, every time someone says I'm side stepping I ask them to show me where I am and no-one ever answers back.  I think that is enlightening.

And I'm not the one saying things like, "I think it's time to stop feediing the troll folks. A lesson I need to learn myself over in RT at the moment."  I wouldn't call that trolling, but it sure isn't minding your own business and contributing to a discussion.

I'm not going to poo on the thread any more though, you can get back to calling Cas a troll and complaining about how horrible I am.  I think I'll go check the dinosaur thread again, unless that is trolling too?

Headless Thompson Gunner

• friend
« Reply #109 on: April 30, 2010, 04:21:38 PM »
@Balog/Cas:  Just as an aside, you might both be more convincing if you didn't start calling people trolls when they don't bend under the weight of your irrefutable logic.

Not agreeing != troll.  Trolling is an act where someone deliberately starts a discussion with no purpose other than to infuriate others.  Just because someone's argument makes you angry, doesn't mean they are doing it on purpose.

I've never seen the word troll thrown around like this before, in this case it is absurd.  You are both long time members of the forum with long post histories.  You disagree.  Be adults about it.  You can have a thread a thousand posts long full of passionate disagreement and still not have either one of you being a troll.

I'd be interested to know, medically, what the average blood pressure rate is at APS.  So many people get so angry with so little provocation, I don't get it, how do you deal with real life when people don't agree with you?  (See, this last sentance was some mild trolling  =D)
No, the entire post was mild trolling.

You certainly didn't help you're "I'm not a troll" case with that one.

For the record, us longtime APS members frequently have long and drawn-out disagreements without any of us devolving into trollishness the way you seem to.  Lord knows Balog and CSD and I all disagree on issues, and yet none of us suspect the others of being trolls.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2010, 04:26:19 PM by Headless Thompson Gunner »

mellestad

• friend
« Reply #110 on: April 30, 2010, 04:38:05 PM »
No, the entire post was mild trolling.

You certainly didn't help you're "I'm not a troll" case with that one.

For the record, us longtime APS members frequently have long and drawn-out disagreements without any of us devolving into trollishness the way you seem to.  Lord knows Balog and CSD and I all disagree on issues, and yet none of us suspect the others of being trolls.

Say it ain't so Headless, you think I'm a troll too??  :P  Ok, I mean it this time, I'll stay out, lol.

mellestad

• friend
« Reply #111 on: April 30, 2010, 04:39:25 PM »
Lord knows Balog and CSD and I all disagree on issues, and yet none of us suspect the others of being trolls.

I missed your edit.  The reason I posted is because Balog was calling CSD a troll, right after he got done calling me a troll.   =)

I really, really mean it this time.

• friends
« Reply #112 on: April 30, 2010, 04:53:02 PM »
I don't know how you missed it but this this is what I was talking. Re: the wiretapping charge.

My last question may not have been clear. How is the cyclists helmet mounted video camera different from a security camera in a legal perspective. They both record people out in public that have not given their explicit consent to be taped. Do security cameras in that state break the wiretapping law?

They do if they do audio  or at least that was the way it was explained when I taped folks in the restaurants in md.
Video is one thing audio another. There is another part of that law vis a vis taping involving criminality that confuses me and may snag our lil jonnie. His is an epic fail. from wheely past cop at over a 100 (where are those folks who questioned the cops integrity about that speed estimate) to getting a real good break on charges.   In the alternate universe that was because "the cop knew he f'd up " whereas in my world I've gotten the same kinda treatment by being polite and civil while being popped. Strangely enough another thing they used to say when they dropped the miles over was"i've gotta write you but I'll drop the miles so it won't cost as much. I/we appreciate that you didn't run". After doing that much right and reaping the benefits he goes home and gets olympic class stupid. First he posts video of his "bold stroke for the revolution against the man" then edits a short video to try to portray the guy who cut him slack in a negative way. How do guys make it outa puberty who act like that? Now schools in. they've got his camera they have the original vid and they will enhance it and really rack him. And as far as I can tell the only flaw in the cops end is he shoulda said " police get off the bike get off the bike" instead he said "get off the bike get off the bike police" and someone wants to turn this into some kinda abuse? I almost choked  when I read "zomg assault! perjury! "and the rest. only on the internet. if i had juniors email i'd send him this
http://images.cheezburger.com/completestore/2009/11/13/129026103369999113.jpg

• friends
« Reply #113 on: April 30, 2010, 04:56:36 PM »
and as shocking as it might seem even when we disagree strongly
there has been at least once where while I remained firm in my own omnipotent rightness I came to see that they weren't wrong. whats right for me isn't required to be right for someone else.

PTK

• friends
« Reply #114 on: April 30, 2010, 05:07:17 PM »
...firm in my own omnipotent rightness...

:D

You're really quite funny somtimes, C&SD. :)
"Only lucky people grow old." - Frederick L.
September 1915 - August 2008

"If you really do have cancer "this time", then this is your own fault. Like the little boy who cried wolf."

• friends
« Reply #115 on: April 30, 2010, 05:10:33 PM »
funny? i was serious! :angel:

i uised to work for a guy who was fun  his mantra was "its not enough that i always be right! all others must also be wrong!"

PTK

• friends
« Reply #116 on: April 30, 2010, 05:21:19 PM »
That's another good one, indeed! :D
"Only lucky people grow old." - Frederick L.
September 1915 - August 2008

"If you really do have cancer "this time", then this is your own fault. Like the little boy who cried wolf."

taurusowner

« Reply #117 on: April 30, 2010, 06:17:24 PM »
How come we can't ever have a positive police related thread?  No matter what the story, some anarchist has to come along and ruin the thread.  (Not saying this was a positive one to begin with)

I know it's impossible, but if I had a lamp with a genie in it, I would wish for all of the police in America to vanish for 1 week.  That would be an interesting week.

Balog

• friends
  • What if we tried more?
« Reply #118 on: April 30, 2010, 06:39:58 PM »
For the record, I very much like CSD. I think anything involving cops brings out the side of him that enjoys making people angry, but he is a valuable addition to APS and I harbor no ill will towards him. HTG and I disagree a lot, and his manner of posting irritates me sometimes. I don't want to see the positive contributions he makes go away either. And hopefully I contribute something of value here and there, even if it's just the occasional well timed xkcd.

alex_trebek

• friend
« Reply #119 on: April 30, 2010, 07:21:49 PM »
How come we can't ever have a positive police related thread?  No matter what the story, some anarchist has to come along and ruin the thread.  (Not saying this was a positive one to begin with)

I know it's impossible, but if I had a lamp with a genie in it, I would wish for all of the police in America to vanish for 1 week.  That would be an interesting week.

we don see those stories for two reasons:

1. News reports do not show positive stories because they don't sell.

2. Individual interactions with the police are generally for something bad. This ranges from a simple ticket to calling 911 in an emergency. In some cases the officer is viewed as arrogant, mean, etc.  In an emergency, where seconds feel like minutes, response time is often criticized as evidence of apathy.

Often, individuals first instinct is to shoot the messenger. Police are often the messengers.

Battle Monkey of Zardoz

• friends
  • A more Elegant Monkey for a more civilized Forum.
« Reply #120 on: April 30, 2010, 07:30:40 PM »
Interesting comment from another forum.  I agree with it 100%. There is another tidbit that I am trying to confirm. This thug Cop might have been in his personally owned vehicle.

Here's a cop's point of view. It's worth what you paid for it.

The cop in the unmarked car is a prick. Not because he got out with his gun in his hand, but because he wanted payback for the kid posting the video of him looking stupid on youtube. The wiretapping charge will not hold water, and I bet the cop knew that when he sought the warrant. My money is on his mentality being "he might beat the charge, but he won't beat the ride".

The cop may have had a badge on his belt, but that is hardly what I would want to rely on to "identify" myself in a situation like this. The cop was driving an unmarked car, in civilian clothes, cutting a bike off in traffic, and stepping out with a gun drawn. Tunnel vision is a mother ####er, and I'll bet most people would have focused on the gun, and never even looked at the badge on his belt. The kid on the bike was not attempting to elude, as the video shows him exit the freeway, and sitting behind stopped traffic at a traffic light. The smart thing to do would be to tail the guy, and have the marked unit make the stop if he was so hell bent on getting this guy his tickets. Was he identified as a cop? Yes. Was he identified enough to risk his life on it? I wouldn't do it.

All of the dumb things this cop did aren't half as bad as him seeking prosecution because he's personally pissed at the guy. That makes him look like a chump.

The search warrant is a whole 'nother issue as well. The foundation of it was to search the computers for evidence of the youtube video, which was the basis of the wiretapping charge. It had nothing to do with bikers posting vids of their top speed runs. The judge that signed that warrant should have the gavel shoved up their ass sideways. There is almost nothing more intrusive than having the police show up and go through your house with a fine toothed comb. To have it done without just cause is a failure of justice. The judge and officer both should have known that the MD wiretapping statute did not apply to audio recorded in a place where there is no expectation of privacy. Because of this, the arrest warrant, and more importantly, the search warrant should not have been issued.

Bottom line, chump cop got pissed because he looked like what he is on the video, and decided to make life hell for this kid. No wonder people hate us cops.

From:  http://www.tallahasseegunforum.com/forum/showthread.php?p=157683

Now let's hear some more stories of "what happened to me when I was a stupid kid"' that has NO bearing on this incident.
“We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution.”

Abraham Lincoln

With the first link the chain is forged. The first speech censored, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably.

• friends
« Reply #121 on: April 30, 2010, 08:15:27 PM »
ahhh I see! the car makes it different!  NOT.   But for the record your own initial link has the police report,and in it it specifies the cops were in contact by radio to coordinate the chase .  If in your alternate reality cops drive their own cars with a police comm package it might be possible,  the fact I drive in md and see those kinda plain wrappers often not withstanding.  Nice of you to provide the link refuting your new position , weak though it was, though.  thanks!    I am still waiting to see the warrant  They are public record and  its most curious that with the arrest report and the miracle video available the one element of whining that might have substance stays hidden.   I'm not sure if I was lil jonnies lawyer how I'd feel about this  case, on the one hand hes done everything possible to go to jail short of resisting.  but on the other think of the billable hours!