Author Topic: Presidential debate #2.  (Read 15700 times)

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

kgbsquirrel

• APS Photoshop God
  • friend
  • Bill, slayer of threads.
Re: Presidential debate #2.
« Reply #101 on: October 19, 2012, 04:18:08 PM »
Because he is slow.........................I mean slower. 

Come on, he was likely a C student at best.  I know that because I must assume the worst if he want release his records.  Looking at some of the stuff he has gotten in hot water over, even most idiots would realize it was a bad idea. 

Huh. I didn't know a wiki article of such a category existed until you inspired me to do a bit of googleing.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Presidents_of_the_United_States_by_education

George Washington: Possessed a Surveyor's Certificate from The College of William and Mary but never actually graduated from any institution of higher education. His level of formal education is described as that of "elementary school."

cassandra and sara's daddy

• friends
« Reply #102 on: October 19, 2012, 06:45:30 PM »
wasn't washington in charge at work at 16?
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

by someone older and wiser than I

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #103 on: October 19, 2012, 07:12:59 PM »
wasn't washington in charge at work at 16?

I believe I've read that. Surveying, I think.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #104 on: October 19, 2012, 07:23:06 PM »
Huh. I didn't know a wiki article of such a category existed until you inspired me to do a bit of googleing.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Presidents_of_the_United_States_by_education

George Washington: Possessed a Surveyor's Certificate from The College of William and Mary but never actually graduated from any institution of higher education. His level of formal education is described as that of "elementary school."
i would count education and personal accomplishment together.  Obama's accomplishments bear no comparison to those of President Washington.  Obama can then fall back on his education, but I would bet President Washington's education (formal and informal) would compare quite well to anything Obama has to show.  I also think President Washington had a level of humility and leadership Obama can't begin to match. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Marnoot

• friend
« Reply #105 on: October 20, 2012, 10:19:21 AM »
Looks like Chris Matthews hasn't lost that tingle:

http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2012/10/19/msnbc-matthews-claims-it-unconstitutional-for-romney-to-challenge-obama/

“I don’t think [Romney] understands the Constitution of the United States…[Obama]’s the president of the United States. You don’t say, ‘you’ll get your chance.’”

TommyGunn

• friend
  • Stuck in full auto since birth.
« Reply #106 on: October 20, 2012, 11:32:20 AM »
Looks like Chris Matthews hasn't lost that tingle:

http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2012/10/19/msnbc-matthews-claims-it-unconstitutional-for-romney-to-challenge-obama/

Chris Mathews is nothing more than a shill, a brown-noser.  I've long lost any respect I ever had for him.
MOLON LABE   "Through ignorance of what is good and what is bad, the life of men is greatly perplexed." ~~ Cicero

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #107 on: October 20, 2012, 11:47:09 AM »
Chris Mathews is nothing more than a shill, a brown-noser. 

I think you forgot "completely unhinged."

TommyGunn

• friend
  • Stuck in full auto since birth.
« Reply #108 on: October 20, 2012, 12:02:04 PM »

I think you forgot "completely unhinged."

I thought that was his job description.  Sorry.
MOLON LABE   "Through ignorance of what is good and what is bad, the life of men is greatly perplexed." ~~ Cicero

longeyes

• friend
« Reply #109 on: October 20, 2012, 01:04:35 PM »

Eighth grade then would equal a master's degree today from most higher ed institutions.
"Domari nolo."

Thug: What you lookin' at old man?
Walt Kowalski: Ever notice how you come across somebody once in a while you shouldn't have messed with? That's me.

Molon Labe.

longeyes

• friend
« Reply #110 on: October 20, 2012, 01:07:37 PM »
Check out Matthews blathering in front of Mt. Rushmore (or a backdrop thereof).

Ludicrous.

http://video.msnbc.msn.com/msnbc/48080993#48080993
"Domari nolo."

Thug: What you lookin' at old man?
Walt Kowalski: Ever notice how you come across somebody once in a while you shouldn't have messed with? That's me.

Molon Labe.

kgbsquirrel

• APS Photoshop God
  • friend
  • Bill, slayer of threads.
« Reply #111 on: October 20, 2012, 01:25:09 PM »
Eighth grade then would equal a master's degree today from most higher ed institutions.

If I'm remembering right, through the early to mid 19th century, grades 1 through 5 were considered primary education and were the highest learning of the average person. Grades 6-8 were "university" of a sort and it was something special that your parents would send you off to. If you graduated from the eighth grade you were a well educated person.

Our education system today could really use a massive overhaul.

Personally I'm thinking that Elementary school should be restructured as to equip people with all the basic skills they would need to be a productive person. A very good reading comprehension (because that really is the basis for all future self-education), primary math, and a good basis for the social construct of our country and it's history. If they simply can not continue on beyond this point then so be it, but they should at this point be able to find gainful employment and be able to manage their own affairs.

Junior High which should introduce some higher math, basic sciences and a more expanded history and understanding of the world in general. At this point it should be going at it as the Renaissance Ideal, a broad and general grasp of most things in order to equip the person to be able to do most anything they set themselves to.

If the person shows an aptitude for further education (lets be honest, not everyone does), then move them on to High school for the higher level sciences and arts. This should be supplemental and specific education, they should not be trying to secure basic life skills at this point, that should have been covered 8 years previously.

But, what do I know, I'm not a "professional educator" and never went to some University that costs $50,000 a year, right?

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #112 on: October 20, 2012, 01:40:59 PM »
Check out Matthews blathering in front of Mt. Rushmore (or a backdrop thereof).

Ludicrous.

http://video.msnbc.msn.com/msnbc/48080993#48080993

This one's better. Bonus points for claiming to represent common sense.  :rofl:

http://video.msnbc.msn.com/msnbc/48080993#47478391

lupinus

• Southern Mod Trimutive Emeritus
  • friends
« Reply #113 on: October 20, 2012, 04:07:13 PM »
If I'm remembering right, through the early to mid 19th century, grades 1 through 5 were considered primary education and were the highest learning of the average person. Grades 6-8 were "university" of a sort and it was something special that your parents would send you off to. If you graduated from the eighth grade you were a well educated person.

Our education system today could really use a massive overhaul.

Personally I'm thinking that Elementary school should be restructured as to equip people with all the basic skills they would need to be a productive person. A very good reading comprehension (because that really is the basis for all future self-education), primary math, and a good basis for the social construct of our country and it's history. If they simply can not continue on beyond this point then so be it, but they should at this point be able to find gainful employment and be able to manage their own affairs.

Junior High which should introduce some higher math, basic sciences and a more expanded history and understanding of the world in general. At this point it should be going at it as the Renaissance Ideal, a broad and general grasp of most things in order to equip the person to be able to do most anything they set themselves to.

If the person shows an aptitude for further education (lets be honest, not everyone does), then move them on to High school for the higher level sciences and arts. This should be supplemental and specific education, they should not be trying to secure basic life skills at this point, that should have been covered 8 years previously.

But, what do I know, I'm not a "professional educator" and never went to some University that costs $50,000 a year, right?
I've thought this for YEARS.

But it'll never happen.
That is all. *expletive deleted*ck you all, eat *expletive deleted*it, and die in a fire. I have considered writing here a long parting section dedicated to each poster, but I have decided, at length, against it. *expletive deleted*ck you all and Hail Satan.