Author Topic: Presidential debate #2.  (Read 15706 times)

Fly320s

• friend
  • Formerly, Arthur, King of the Britons
Re: Presidential debate #2.
« Reply #50 on: October 17, 2012, 11:42:22 AM »
I watch the debates using xbox-live. So there is no running commentary from the fat heads, just straight up live stream.

Me too.  I liked the active polling it had, but it was certainly dominated by leftists.
Islamic sex dolls.  Do they blow themselves up?

Blakenzy

• friend
« Reply #51 on: October 17, 2012, 11:44:14 AM »
I know it's RT, but there is a lot of truth packed into this segment.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rZJwcDbIkXw
"Knowledge will forever govern ignorance, and a people who mean to be their own governors, must arm themselves with the power knowledge gives. A popular government without popular information or the means of acquiring it, is but a prologue to a farce or a tragedy or perhaps both"

AZRedhawk44

• friends
« Reply #52 on: October 17, 2012, 11:49:18 AM »
I know it's RT, but there is a lot of truth packed into this segment.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rZJwcDbIkXw

This.  In particular, the bit about the Green Party candidate getting arrested outside the venue.

I'm not going to vote for her or Gary Johnson or Romney or Obama... but the minor party candidates might actually invigorate conversation in a direction away from perpetual war.

I watched John Stewart the other day and he was making fun of both candidates and the constant search for a new Middle East war.

Seems EVERYONE in America scorns Mordor on the Potomac for its warmongering and has zero trust towards the latest impending zOMGnukezors reports.
"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain - that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist."
--Lysander Spooner

I reject your authoritah!

drewtam

• friend
« Reply #53 on: October 17, 2012, 12:04:20 PM »
Yeah, I'm not sure where Romney is going to go with the Syria criticism. We do not need to get deeply involved in Syria.

I think the folks here have changed my mind on Afghan, either get Sherman or Sheridan style on Taliban areas or get out. I don't think we have the stomach for it, so get out.
I’m not saying I invented the turtleneck. But I was the first person to realize its potential as a tactical garment. The tactical turtleneck! The… tactleneck!

BlueStarLizzard

• Queen of the Cislords
  • friend
  • Oh please, nobody died last time...
« Reply #54 on: October 17, 2012, 12:13:06 PM »
I saw Candy defending her misstep about Bengazi on the Veiw.

;/

She says that she turned and told Mitt he was right and her reasoning for stepping in was that the debate was getting bogged down over that one word and needed to move on.

Yeah, sure, right.  :facepalm:
"Okay, um, I'm lost. Uh, I'm angry, and I'm armed, so if you two have something that you need to work out --" -Malcolm Reynolds

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #55 on: October 17, 2012, 12:56:53 PM »
Yeah, I'm not sure where Romney is going to go with the Syria criticism. We do not need to get deeply involved in Syria.

I think the folks here have changed my mind on Afghan, either get Sherman or Sheridan style on Taliban areas or get out. I don't think we have the stomach for it, so get out.
I have gotten that way on Afghan also.  If all we are doing now is nation building, I think it is not worth the effort or toll on our miliary forces.  We need to retain the will and desire to use our military to kick butt when needed.  If we constantly bleed our military in minor or meaningless efforts, we will either not have them when we need them or not be willing to use them when we should. 

As far as the debate, I didn't watch it.  I alraedy know who I will vote for.  I want to elect a President, not a master debater.  I could care less whether he is good at witty comebacks and verbal fencing.  I think format needs to be changed a lot for it to be really useful. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

TechMan

• Administrator
  • Yes, your moderation has been outsourced.
« Reply #56 on: October 17, 2012, 12:59:55 PM »
Hawkmoon - Never underestimate another person's capacity for stupidity. Any time you think someone can't possibly be that dumb ... they'll prove you wrong.

Bacon and Eggs - A day's work for a chicken; A lifetime commitment for a pig.
Stupidity will always be its own reward.
Bad decisions make good stories.

Viking - The problem with the modern world is that there aren't really any predators eating stupid people.

Battle Monkey of Zardoz

• friends
  • A more Elegant Monkey for a more civilized Forum.
« Reply #57 on: October 17, 2012, 02:38:49 PM »
Candy Crowley is proof that Miss Piggy exists, and that she ate a planet that later imploded. And now she should have 3 smaller miss piggies orbiting around her b
“We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution.”

Abraham Lincoln

With the first link the chain is forged. The first speech censored, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably.

longeyes

• friend
« Reply #58 on: October 17, 2012, 02:48:00 PM »
May the better liberal win.

Romney is liberal the way W. was liberal on matters like education and immigration, both of which are critical for our national future. 

But, again, a Romney victory buys us time, an opportunity to get involved and militant.
"Domari nolo."

Thug: What you lookin' at old man?
Walt Kowalski: Ever notice how you come across somebody once in a while you shouldn't have messed with? That's me.

Molon Labe.

longeyes

• friend
« Reply #59 on: October 17, 2012, 02:49:49 PM »
This.  In particular, the bit about the Green Party candidate getting arrested outside the venue.

I'm not going to vote for her or Gary Johnson or Romney or Obama... but the minor party candidates might actually invigorate conversation in a direction away from perpetual war.

I watched John Stewart the other day and he was making fun of both candidates and the constant search for a new Middle East war.

Seems EVERYONE in America scorns Mordor on the Potomac for its warmongering and has zero trust towards the latest impending zOMGnukezors reports.

Too bad the perpetual war is most focused on destroying conservatism and libertarianism.  For the liberals we are the real enemy.
"Domari nolo."

Walt Kowalski: Ever notice how you come across somebody once in a while you shouldn't have messed with? That's me.

Molon Labe.

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #60 on: October 17, 2012, 06:11:05 PM »

Romney is liberal the way W. was liberal on matters like education and immigration, both of which are critical for our national future. 

But, again, a Romney victory buys us time, an opportunity to get involved and militant.

A Romney victory would mean that Obama would not be president for another four years.

In reality, that's ALL I need to know.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #61 on: October 17, 2012, 06:23:07 PM »
I thought this would happen. When Obama crashed and burned in the first debate, I figured they would start pressuring the moderators and the networks to help them out. And we've seen it twice now. It's not often that I see the future.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

brimic

• friends
« Reply #62 on: October 17, 2012, 07:01:23 PM »
A Romney victory would mean that Obama would not be president for another four years.

I've finally conceded that that is good enough for me.

"now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb" -Dark Helmet

"AK47's belong in the hands of soldiers mexican drug cartels"-
Barack Obama

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
« Reply #63 on: October 17, 2012, 07:08:00 PM »

That is about all I hope for: more time for my kids to grow up and be better able to handle teh coming mess.
Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

cassandra and sara's daddy

• friends
« Reply #64 on: October 17, 2012, 07:16:51 PM »
i love obamas claim planned parenthood does mammograms

and some of the believers are still defending it even after planned parenthood owned up
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

by someone older and wiser than I

ArfinGreebly

• Level Three Geek
  • friend
« Reply #65 on: October 17, 2012, 09:14:01 PM »

Friend of mine, Citizen Scribe, wrote a thing:

The "Assault Weapons" Question

Here's the answer we didn't get to hear:

1) The bill I signed in Massachusetts was not an assault weapons ban. It was a bill that corrected some problems with existing legislation, and which had been reviewed by people on both sides of the issue. It didn't 'ban' anything new.

2) I will not entertain any specious legislation calculated to disarm law-abiding citizens based on fallacious terminology designed to frighten the public about personal arms, whose ownership and use is Constitutionally protected and enshrined in the Second Amendment.

As the failure of the 1994 ban demonstrated, restricting weapons from law-abiding citizens does nothing to reduce crime, and if the objective is to reduce crime, we need to work on the causes of crime, not the tools of self defense and family protection.

The more recent Heller and McDonald decisions make it clear that gun bans are a move in the wrong direction.

3) Further, my administration will not engage in any under-the-radar, false flag operations formulated to incite outrage among the public to facilitate further disarming America using the rationale that somehow our Second Amendment is "killing babies in Mexico."

The very term, 'Assault Weapon,' is dishonest, being a concoction of an anti-gun activist. If we are to have an honest discussion of firearms and their appropriate uses, let us at least use real words and accurate terminology.

Under two minutes.
"Look at it this way. If America frightens you, feel free to live somewhere else. There are plenty of other countries that don't suffer from excessive liberty. America is where the Liberty is. Liberty is not certified safe."

seeker_two

• friend
  • In short, most intelligence is false.
« Reply #66 on: October 17, 2012, 10:37:57 PM »
Considering that Obama loses points every time he debates, how many here think that the Monday debate will actually happen? I'm sure Obama can find a dog to wag somewhere....
Impressed yet befogged, they grasped at his vivid leading phrases, seeing only their surface meaning, and missing the deeper current of his thought.

Monkeyleg

• friend
  • Tattaglia is a pimp.
    • http://www.gunshopfinder.com
« Reply #67 on: October 17, 2012, 11:26:17 PM »
I'm sure Obama can find a dog to wag somewhere....

Here ya go: http://www.salon.com/2012/10/16/white_house_ponders_strike_over_libya_attack/

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
« Reply #68 on: October 18, 2012, 07:53:09 AM »
Here ya go: http://www.salon.com/2012/10/16/white_house_ponders_strike_over_libya_attack/

I'm betting the strike happens on November 2. Close enough to the election that it dominates the news cycle, but won't interfere with football on Sunday/Monday.
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

Monkeyleg

• friend
  • Tattaglia is a pimp.
    • http://www.gunshopfinder.com
« Reply #69 on: October 18, 2012, 10:00:01 AM »
I'm betting the strike happens on November 2. Close enough to the election that it dominates the news cycle, but won't interfere with football on Sunday/Monday.

Fridays are for releasing news that administrations want to bury, as nobody watches the news on weekends. If they want coverage, they'd have to hit Libya on Wednesday the 30th at the latest.

longeyes

• friend
« Reply #70 on: October 18, 2012, 01:30:36 PM »

As I said, he buys us time, nothing more.  No guarantees that the time we buy won't be foolishly expended.  If Romney thinks that more education spending at the Fed level and expanded immigration is going to make this a better country he is on the wrong side of reality.  That doesn't mean I won't vote for him based on the hard reality of what you mention.
"Domari nolo."

Molon Labe.

HankB

• friend
« Reply #71 on: October 18, 2012, 01:50:12 PM »
No guarantees, but with Romney we have at least a resonable chance of getting decent SCOTUS appointments, even if its no better than a coin flip.

The chances of Obama nominating a good justice are about the same as my winning  $100,000,000 in a lottery.
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

AZRedhawk44

• friends
« Reply #72 on: October 18, 2012, 01:56:59 PM »
No guarantees, but with Romney we have at least a resonable chance of getting decent SCOTUS appointments, even if its no better than a coin flip.

The chances of Obama nominating a good justice are about the same as my winning  $100,000,000 in a lottery.

This argument smells like FAIL.
"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain - that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist."
--Lysander Spooner

I reject your authoritah!

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #73 on: October 18, 2012, 02:10:18 PM »
This argument smells like FAIL.

Roberts, Bush, McCain, etc...
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

ArfinGreebly

• Level Three Geek
  • friend
« Reply #74 on: October 18, 2012, 03:43:27 PM »

Yeah.

I'm tired of all these wussy, mediocre, wishy-washy, in-name-only, wanna-be "conservatives."

I wanna vote for someone who has some stinkin' convictions.

That's why I'm voting for the communist.
"Look at it this way. If America frightens you, feel free to live somewhere else. There are plenty of other countries that don't suffer from excessive liberty. America is where the Liberty is. Liberty is not certified safe."