Author Topic: Buckle Up Baby Jesus, this is going to get bumpy!!!  (Read 20329 times)

Battle Monkey of Zardoz

• friends
  • A more Elegant Monkey for a more civilized Forum.
Buckle Up Baby Jesus, this is going to get bumpy!!!
« on: December 05, 2015, 01:12:58 AM »

Ok. First real shots fired. They want our guns. Going to be interesting how bad they want them. I do not care who is listening, monitoring this forum etc....  I WILL NOT GIVE UP MY FIREARMS. PERIOD!!  I WILL NOT TURN THEM IN.

Understand this. Get this in your delusional head, it won't happen. If you want my firearms, you are going to have to come and take them. It's your move.

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2015/12/04/when-you-read-last-paragraphs-of-ny-times-editorial-youll-understand-why-gun-owners-are-infuriated/

It is not necessary to debate the peculiar wording of the Second Amendment. No right is unlimited and immune from reasonable regulation.

Certain kinds of weapons, like the slightly modified combat rifles used in California, and certain kinds of ammunition, must be outlawed for civilian ownership. It is possible to define those guns in a clear and effective way and, yes, it would require Americans who own those kinds of weapons to give them up for the good of their fellow citizens.

What better time than during a presidential election to show, at long last, that our nation has retained its sense of decency?
“We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution.”

Abraham Lincoln

With the first link the chain is forged. The first speech censored, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably.

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
Re: Buckle Up Baby Jesus, this is going to get bumpy!!!
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2015, 02:24:03 AM »
All that's really needed here is some slight editing of the Second Amendment.

"A well-regulated militia bunch of collectors and hunters, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear antique arms, shall not be infringed, unless infringing said right prevents crime makes some of us feel more gooder about stuff."
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2015, 03:40:30 AM »
Ok. First real shots fired. They want our guns. Going to be interesting how bad they want them. I do not care who is listening, monitoring this forum etc....  I WILL NOT GIVE UP MY FIREARMS. PERIOD!!  I WILL NOT TURN THEM IN.

Understand this. Get this in your delusional head, it won't happen. If you want my firearms, you are going to have to come and take them. It's your move.

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2015/12/04/when-you-read-last-paragraphs-of-ny-times-editorial-youll-understand-why-gun-owners-are-infuriated/

Ya know, I'd like to think that a serious attempt to ban and confiscate common firearms would lead to a real shaking out. I still feel (hope?) that in the first place those in power aren't stupid enough or arrogant enough to really go for it. In the second place, if they are that stupid/arrogant, while there would be some scattered ugliness, dismissed by the press as a few rightwing extremist/domestic terrorists, I just don't think there is enough intestinal fortitude (balls) left to make a difference.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

castle key

• friend
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2015, 06:43:30 AM »
From the New York Times front page editorial.....

"Certain kinds of weapons, like the slightly modified combat rifles used in California, and certain kinds of ammunition, must be outlawed for civilian ownership. It is possible to define those guns in a clear and effective way and, yes, it would require Americans who own those kinds of weapons to give them up for the good of their fellow citizens."

I offer that withOUT editorial.
Vigilate hoc, tenendum per ebrietatem.

Boomhauer

• Former Moderator, fired for embezzlement and abuse of power
  • friends
« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2015, 07:08:39 AM »
I used to get all worked up and worried and angry over *expletive deleted*it like this until I realized that the liberals are idiots who are more akin to angry toddlers than anything else. They have little power outside of their enclaves (I.e major cities). They can wail and gnash their teeth all they want but they aren't going to get much traction outside of their little kingdoms.

And even in the extremely unlikely event should they manage to pass a confiscation law there isn't going to be a whole lot of people willing to attempt that suicidal job...and the pussy ass liberals aren't going to do it themselves, that's for sure.

Quote from: Ben
Holy hell. It's like giving a loaded gun to a chimpanzee...

Quote from: bluestarlizzard
the last thing you need is rabies. You're already angry enough as it is.

OTOH, there wouldn't be a tweeker left in Georgia...

Quote from: Balog
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! AND THROW SOME STEAK ON THE GRILL!

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
  • APS's Resident Sikh/Muslim
« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2015, 08:35:35 AM »
Hey journalists....

and

Take the same ammunition.
Iowa- 88% more livable that the rest of the US

Uranus is a gas giant.

Team 444: Member# 536

lupinus

• Southern Mod Trimutive Emeritus
  • friends
« Reply #6 on: December 05, 2015, 08:44:00 AM »
Hey journalists....

and

Take the same ammunition.
Assualt weapon and high powered precision long range sniper rifle. Noone needs those! Ban them for teh childrens!
That is all. *expletive deleted*ck you all, eat *expletive deleted*it, and die in a fire. I have considered writing here a long parting section dedicated to each poster, but I have decided, at length, against it. *expletive deleted*ck you all and Hail Satan.

mtnbkr

• friend
« Reply #7 on: December 05, 2015, 09:24:10 AM »
I'm not worried.

I live in left-leaning Northern VA and work for a left leaning British owned corporation.  Most of my coworkers are what I'd classify as either centrist or left leaning, or left leaning libertarian at best.  I'm probably the most conservative of the bunch and consider myself not as conservative as many on this board.  Just to give you an idea of what I'm coming from...

Even after this shooting, nobody at work is calling for gun control.  Anyone who has commented have all agreed it isn't the guns and more laws wouldn't help one bit.  One of those coworkers really surprised me because she appears to be your stereotypical NoVA yuppie type, yet she was adamant it wasn't the guns but the people at fault here.  When we started talking about it, I just knew she was going to say something about how those guns should be outlawed or something.  Boy was I wrong. :)

I'm seeing other positive signs as well.  The gun shops and ranges are busy, yet filled with "normal" looking people (not commando wannabes, "rednecks", etc).  We recently got a new premium indoor range that offers training and gunsmith services.  It is the most expensive hourly range in the region.  I frequently see "gun culture" stuff all over the place.  Not just your Browning buck profile, but Magpul and other non-hunting symbols.  I overhear gun-positive conversations while out and about. 

We're always going to see the hardcore leftys clamoring for bans, but I'm getting a more positive vibe these days.  I think people are starting to get the message.

Chris

sanglant

• friend
« Reply #8 on: December 05, 2015, 10:03:12 AM »
Don't forget teh "long rifle" ammo :facepalm: [tinfoil]

Jocassee

• Buster Scruggs Respecter
  • friends
  • "First time?"
« Reply #9 on: December 05, 2015, 10:09:15 AM »
A confiscatory ban sounds fun.

When can we start?
I shall not die alone, alone, but kin to all the powers,
As merry as the ancient sun and fighting like the flowers.

Battle Monkey of Zardoz

• friends
« Reply #10 on: December 05, 2015, 10:28:29 AM »
Full article:

http://mobile.nytimes.com/2015/12/05/opinion/end-the-gun-epidemic-in-america.html?referer=http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2015/12/04/when-you-read-last-paragraphs-of-ny-times-editorial-youll-understand-why-gun-owners-are-infuriated/

I don't think they are taking just about evil looking ARs. As we all know, every firearm is their goal.
Another excerpt:

It is past time to stop talking about halting the spread of firearms, and instead to reduce their number drastically — eliminating some large categories of weapons and ammunition.
“We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution.”

Abraham Lincoln

With the first link the chain is forged. The first speech censored, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably.

HeroHog

• Technical Site Pig
  • Administrator
  • It can ALWAYS get worse!
    • FaceButt Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 05, 2015, 10:58:17 AM »
"eliminating some large categories of weapons and ammunition." Specifically all those that go "bang!"
I might not last very long or be very effective but I'll be a real pain in the ass for a minute!
MOLON LABE!

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #12 on: December 05, 2015, 11:11:41 AM »
"eliminating some large categories of weapons and ammunition." Specifically all those that go "bang!"

Here are the categories:

Assault-style rifles.

Military-grade weapons.

Ghost guns.

Large-caliber weapons.

Large-capacity firearms.

Semi-azimuth-omatics.

Shoulder things that go up.

Porcelain Glocks.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #13 on: December 05, 2015, 11:25:24 AM »
Here are the categories:

Assault-style rifles.

Military-grade weapons.

Ghost guns.

Large-caliber weapons.

Large-capacity firearms.

Semi-azimuth-omatics.

Shoulder things that go up.

Porcelain Glocks.

You forgot "guns that shoot hollow point cop killer bullets".
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Battle Monkey of Zardoz

• friends
« Reply #14 on: December 05, 2015, 11:46:27 AM »

Both the guns that shoot cop killer boolets and the cop killer boolets.

Abraham Lincoln

brimic

• friends
« Reply #15 on: December 05, 2015, 12:43:58 PM »
A confiscatory ban sounds fun.

When can we start?

I'll be your Huckleberry.
"now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb" -Dark Helmet

"AK47's belong in the hands of soldiers mexican drug cartels"-
Barack Obama

HeroHog

• Technical Site Pig
  • Administrator
  • It can ALWAYS get worse!
    • FaceButt Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 05, 2015, 01:04:39 PM »
It ain't much but it will be "fun" for a bit!

I might not last very long or be very effective but I'll be a real pain in the ass for a minute!
MOLON LABE!

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #17 on: December 05, 2015, 01:11:29 PM »
I'd like another 30 or 40 years thank you very much. The left does seem to be in a bit of a hurry lately though.

They were so methodical and patient for so long it's finally nice to see them out themselves for the communists they have always been.

For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

BlueStarLizzard

• Queen of the Cislords
  • friend
  • Oh please, nobody died last time...
« Reply #18 on: December 05, 2015, 01:12:43 PM »
I'm not worried.

I live in left-leaning Northern VA and work for a left leaning British owned corporation.  Most of my coworkers are what I'd classify as either centrist or left leaning, or left leaning libertarian at best.  I'm probably the most conservative of the bunch and consider myself not as conservative as many on this board.  Just to give you an idea of what I'm coming from...

Even after this shooting, nobody at work is calling for gun control.  Anyone who has commented have all agreed it isn't the guns and more laws wouldn't help one bit.  One of those coworkers really surprised me because she appears to be your stereotypical NoVA yuppie type, yet she was adamant it wasn't the guns but the people at fault here.  When we started talking about it, I just knew she was going to say something about how those guns should be outlawed or something.  Boy was I wrong. :)

I'm seeing other positive signs as well.  The gun shops and ranges are busy, yet filled with "normal" looking people (not commando wannabes, "rednecks", etc).  We recently got a new premium indoor range that offers training and gunsmith services.  It is the most expensive hourly range in the region.  I frequently see "gun culture" stuff all over the place.  Not just your Browning buck profile, but Magpul and other non-hunting symbols.  I overhear gun-positive conversations while out and about. 

We're always going to see the hardcore leftys clamoring for bans, but I'm getting a more positive vibe these days.  I think people are starting to get the message.

Chris

It is surprising, but I've been seeing the same thing among the more intelligent of the left leaning folks. These days, it seems the only rabid anti gunners are the ones who are just stupid and obsessed. The ones who were actually dangerous to the RKBA (the ones who didn't really know much about guns, didn't really care other than wanting safer neighborhoods and mostly just followed along the party lines because, at the time, it sounded sensible to them) seem to be coming around.
"Okay, um, I'm lost. Uh, I'm angry, and I'm armed, so if you two have something that you need to work out --" -Malcolm Reynolds

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #19 on: December 05, 2015, 01:13:05 PM »

That's hollow-nosed cop killer bullets. Though I'm not sure if the hollow noses refers to the bullets, or the cops. I guess it's both.

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #20 on: December 05, 2015, 04:13:04 PM »
Sure, it's nice to see that your left-leaning co-workers and acquaintances are starting to see the light, but they aren't the ones we need to worry about.  It's the leftist idiots in the national and state legislatures.  They are frothing at the mouth to implement draconian gun control.  
If the legislators at any level gain some traction and manage to get anti-gun bills headed for executive signature, your leftist friends won't care a bit.  They won't lift a finger in protest.  It will just be us on the conservative and libertarian sides opposing anti-gun actions, as it always has been.
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

just Warren

• friend
  • My DJ name is Heavy Cream.
« Reply #21 on: December 05, 2015, 05:34:09 PM »
This is the intellectual wattage of our opponents.

And they have nothing.

The demographics of the military and the police outside of the big blue cities are not favorable towards gun control. They have very few enforcers. And those they do have likely do not have the passion for their cause that we on our side have for ours. That is they are not likely to be willing undergo much privation or risk of harm to force their views on us.

Given the number of gun owners and the geography of the country they simply do not have a physical mechanism to collect the guns.

They are not wise enough to understand this however and think that if they pass the law people will go along with it. And we won't. In fact more guns will be purchased and more people will get training and what will the controllers do then?

They'll throw tantrums and type in all caps and write letters to editors and be their usual insulting, snarky, and self-righteous selves but outside of that they have nothing.

They get no choice in the matter.
Member in Good Standing of the Spontaneous Order of the Invisible Hand.

Andiron

• friend
« Reply #22 on: December 05, 2015, 05:51:51 PM »
This is the intellectual wattage of our opponents.

The demographics of the military and the police outside of the big blue cities are not favorable towards gun control. They have very few enforcers. And those they do have likely do not have the passion for their cause that we on our side have for ours. That is they are not likely to be willing undergo much privation or risk of harm to force their views on us.

My Sheriff's dept is very 2A friendly.  Confiscatory laws wouldn't go over well with them,  and I really don't want to mix it up with them.

Feds I don't know dumb enough to try,  game on.
"Leftism destroys everything good." -  Ron

There is no fixing stupid. But, you can line it up in front of a wall and offer it a last smoke.

There is no such thing as a "transgender" person.  Only mental illness that should be discouraged.

brimic

• friends
« Reply #23 on: December 05, 2015, 07:25:40 PM »
The 'calculus' (had to use an obama word) on this stuff is easy.
If you are a constitutionalist, and they decide to confiscate your guns, consider yourself already dead.
When you consider yourself already dead, you have ultimate freedom to do anything you want.
Kill something evil, move on to the next evil, join up with others killing evil... lather, rinse, repeat.

Every gun owner in this country knows someone close by who would vote for or support violent, forceful confiscation. Right there is your starting point.

This *expletive deleted*it is a lot easier than anyone can imagine.

Edit: If anyone thinks that this post makes me sound like a violent radical- I'm not. I just want to go to work every day, bring home a check, have a few beers once in awhile and live a quiet, peaceful life in a place where my kids can grow up in relative freedom and do the same. *expletive deleted*ck with me, and all bets are off.
"now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb" -Dark Helmet

"AK47's belong in the hands of soldiers mexican drug cartels"-
Barack Obama

Andiron

• friend
« Reply #24 on: December 05, 2015, 07:55:29 PM »
The 'calculus' (had to use an obama word) on this stuff is easy.
If you are a constitutionalist, and they decide to confiscate your guns, consider yourself already dead.
When you consider yourself already dead, you have ultimate freedom to do anything you want.
Kill something evil, move on to the next evil, join up with others killing evil... lather, rinse, repeat.

Every gun owner in this country knows someone close by who would vote for or support violent, forceful confiscation. Right there is your starting point.

This *expletive deleted*it is a lot easier than anyone can imagine.

Edit: If anyone thinks that this post makes me sound like a violent radical- I'm not. I just want to go to work every day, bring home a check, have a few beers once in awhile and live a quiet, peaceful life in a place where my kids can grow up in relative freedom and do the same. *expletive deleted*ck with me, and all bets are off.

It's their move,  anything we do at this point will be reactionary.

After the first one, the rest are free. 
"Leftism destroys everything good." -  Ron

There is no fixing stupid. But, you can line it up in front of a wall and offer it a last smoke.

There is no such thing as a "transgender" person.  Only mental illness that should be discouraged.