Author Topic: 3rd party candidate Presidential Debate  (Read 751 times)

AZRedhawk44

• friends
3rd party candidate Presidential Debate
« on: October 24, 2012, 11:28:53 AM »
Anyone watch this last night?

Larry King was certainly slumming it up.

I wonder if he enjoyed the opportunity to work with what are obviously volunteer grade amateur journalists attempting to produce a debate on a shoestring budget.  Quite a different exercise for him than LK Live or other high production value events.  I hope those that got to work with him at this event learned something, and that production value of the next debate improves.  I'm certain LK was gracious and mentorly while there, and I hope he realized his potential to positively influence new alternative media events such as this.

Production quality was awful and the venue was certainly low cost (just look at Jill Stein's podium from a side-view camera shot of her... it's notched up and the veneer is peeling off of it not unlike the 30 year old podium an inner city elementary school principal might use during 6th grade graduation ceremonies).

And Larry's "co moderator" was obviously there only for her money, and not for her skills in public oration on camera.  She funded a good bit of the cost via an endowment from her father, evidently.

That being said, I'm glad CSPAN chose to air it.  I do wish that more divisive questions were asked, the only ones that seemed to illustrate much diversity in the candidates were:

-War on Drugs (Virigil Goode of the Constitution Party was opposed to decriminalization, the other 3 wanted decriminalization)
-School Loan Forgiveness (Gary Johnson of the Libertarian camp was the only one to demonstrate that "free" is actually a crime of theft via taxation)

Opinion I was left with after the debate:

Green Party and Justice Party is a place for commie college kids that want free pot and to not have to pay for their student loans, and still believe in Algoreism and Globular Warmulation.

Constitution Party is for fundibaptists who are Republican except don't like NDAA, but are otherwise perfectly okay with State Authoritah.

Libertarian Party is the home of Leave-me-alone-ism.

Anyone else watch this?
"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain - that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist."
--Lysander Spooner

I reject your authoritah!

geronimotwo

• friend
Re: 3rd party candidate Presidential Debate
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2012, 12:17:47 PM »
i didn't even hear about it.    =|
make the world idiot proof.....and you will have a world full of idiots. -g2

AZRedhawk44

• friends
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2012, 12:20:59 PM »
"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain - that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist."
--Lysander Spooner

I reject your authoritah!

Mannlicher

• Grumpy Old Gator
  • friend
  • The Bonnie Blue
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2012, 10:13:03 AM »
I popped a cold one, and watched.  Those are some seriously stupid people, and the worst, like Roseann Barr were not even featured!