Author Topic: Is my wife coming over to the dark side?  (Read 1972 times)

brimic

• friends
Is my wife coming over to the dark side?
« on: February 05, 2020, 08:13:15 AM »
Wife (who is very liberal) and I were talking in the evening last night, sharing our day, etc.... she then asks me about all the weird stuff that keeps coming up on her FB feed (Young Americans, TPUSA, etc), which I found a bit amusing. I asked her if she has conservative friends that 'like' those pages or if she may have done so accidentally, and she said "no, most of my friends are liberal, and I stay off political stuff on FB." (She does a lot of selling on FB).
Then she asked me "Have you ever heard of Ben Shapiro?" I replied "yes, I've heard of the name." She then said "I started watching his videos, I really like them, he's really articulate."
 >:D
 :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
"now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb" -Dark Helmet

"AK47's belong in the hands of soldiers mexican drug cartels"-
Barack Obama

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
Re: Is my wife coming over to the dark side?
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2020, 08:39:48 AM »
While I'm not a Shapiro fan, I occasionally check out his program on long drives.

There are worse introductions to right wing ideas for sure.

He had me cracking up Monday, I wish I could remember what he said, it was pretty clever and funny
For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2020, 10:38:11 AM »
Just wait until she realizes that Shapiro is on the right.

The meltdown will likely be messy.

Be sure to video it for our amusement.  :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

brimic

• friends
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2020, 10:50:52 AM »
Just wait until she realizes that Shapiro is on the right.

The meltdown will likely be messy.

Be sure to video it for our amusement.  :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

When I first met her, I was the 'eebil trump voter whacko with a gorillian guns,' which turned into "just don't talk about your guns or Trump, and we'll be ok," yet I talk about both often. :laugh: (Example: this morning she woke up and said she had a very erotic dream... I asked "Was it about Trump?"
She won't have a melt down, she'll just tune out if she doesn't agree with something, but she usually slowly comes around.
I predict that she'll have a CCW within 5 years. I've turned several anti-gun friends, wives, and girlfriends over the years.

Last night she was talking about a video she watched with Shapiro talking about genders, she said it made total sense to her and wondered why other people can't see the common sense of it.

Barack Obama

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2020, 11:43:39 AM »
"When I first met her, I was the 'eebil trump voter whacko with a gorillian guns,'"

And she wasn't wrong, now was she?
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

French G.

• friend
  • ohhh sparkles!
« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2020, 12:28:07 AM »
So, who's next, Milo or Crowder?

I always want Milo for White House press secretary. The show would be fabulous.
AKA Navy Joe   

I'm so contrarian that I didn't respond to the thread.

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
  • ...shall not be allowed.
« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2020, 02:07:53 AM »
Tread carefully.

[popcorn]

In general I found that liberals only ask about conservative things so they can tell you how you're wrong.

It goes the other way, too, but the equilibrium is overwhelmingly dominated by the first case.

Terry, 230RN
WHATEVER YOUR DEFINITION OF "INFRINGE " IS, YOU SHOULDN'T BE DOING IT.

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #7 on: February 06, 2020, 07:38:39 AM »
"So, who's next, Milo or Crowder?"

Milo Bloom and Boyd Crowder?

Ron

• friends
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #8 on: February 06, 2020, 08:54:17 AM »
"So, who's next, Milo or Crowder?"

Milo Bloom and Boyd Crowder?

Louder with Crowder. Not familiar with him other than I know he has a YouTube show and is on the right.

Milo is a flamboyantly gay right winger who appeared destined to do great things for the cause until someone dug up an old interview where he discussed young boys. At the time I was checking out Jordon Peterson and they were doing 1st amendment talks together. Milo has a razor sharp whit.
For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

brimic

• friends
« Reply #9 on: February 06, 2020, 08:58:17 AM »

I always want Milo for White House press secretary. The show would be fabulous.

That would be fabulous.

Barack Obama

brimic

• friends
« Reply #10 on: February 06, 2020, 09:00:39 AM »

Milo is a flamboyantly gay right winger who appeared destined to do great things for the cause until someone dug up an old interview where he discussed young boys. At the time I was checking out Jordon Peterson and they were doing 1st amendment talks together. Milo has a razor sharp whit.

He was talking about having a relationship with an older man when he was a teenager, and how it was a good thing for him. The left automatically ran with it, applied their twisted logic, and declared him a pedophile.

Barack Obama

Ron

• friends
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #11 on: February 06, 2020, 09:13:17 AM »
He was talking about having a relationship with an older man when he was a teenager, and how it was a good thing for him. The left automatically ran with it, applied their twisted logic, and declared him a pedophile.
I didn't remember any details other than it was used as a cudgel to make him radioactive to the more mainstream right.

HeroHog

• Technical Site Pig
  • Administrator
  • It can ALWAYS get worse!
    • FaceButt Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 07, 2020, 12:59:55 AM »
Steven Crowder is great! I follow him on the YouToobs. His "Change My Mind" events are a hoot. The guy is knowledgeable and sharp.
I might not last very long or be very effective but I'll be a real pain in the ass for a minute!
MOLON LABE!

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #13 on: February 07, 2020, 07:48:45 AM »
Meh. I'll still with Milo Bloom and Boyd Crowder.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #14 on: February 07, 2020, 09:42:28 AM »

I saw an interview with him from later on after that.  He said that was the teenager in him talking.  He said that since then he has lived with someone who has a teenage kid and his perspective has changed.  He realizes why people were upset.  He said now he would be ticked off is some some older person tried to have a relationship with "his" child.  

That said, a youtube hit came up recently of him interviewing some people (also gay).  It is over the top gay-fabulous.  I couldn't watch it very long.   =)
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #15 on: February 08, 2020, 01:24:08 AM »

Milo is a flamboyantly gay right winger ...

Is he a right-winger right-winger, or just one of those lefties that decided not to go full left-tard?
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

zxcvbob

• friend
« Reply #16 on: February 08, 2020, 08:33:52 AM »
Is he a right-winger right-winger, or just one of those lefties that decided not to go full left-tard?

He's either right-winger, or just a bomb thrower (like Ann Coulter but more-so) and right works better with his gay persona because it makes him a "traitor"  (like a black conservative)
"It's good, though..."

Ron

• friends
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #17 on: February 08, 2020, 10:21:11 AM »
He loves Western Civilization and knows who wants to preserve it versus who wants to burn it down.

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #18 on: February 08, 2020, 10:47:12 AM »
Let's see....

The LGBTBBQWTF crowd overwhelmingly lean left/Democrat/libtard
The left/Democrat/libtard wing panders tot he LGBTBBQWTF crowd while simultaneously championing radical Muslims.
Radical Muslims are not particularly tolerant of the LGBTBBQWTF types and have a verifiable history of oppressing the LGBTBBQWTF types by such methods as throwing them off roofs, stoning, burning alive, beheading and other humanitarian means.
I'm sensing a disconnect.

If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
  • ...shall not be allowed.
« Reply #19 on: February 08, 2020, 01:29:21 PM »
Fistful asked,

That's always a good question.  To many lefty lemmings Sanders is a middle of the road-er.

Despite how I come across, I'm not all that much of a right-winger, I'm just pushing hard to get the 50-yard line back to 50 yards.

(But shshshhhhh, don't tell anybody.)

Terry. 230RN
WHATEVER YOUR DEFINITION OF "INFRINGE " IS, YOU SHOULDN'T BE DOING IT.

brimic

• friends
« Reply #20 on: February 08, 2020, 02:02:36 PM »
He loves Western Civilization and knows who wants to preserve it versus who wants to burn it down.

Spot on.

He’s one of the very few lgbtqs that is self aware enough that his lifestyle cannot exist under any other system other than a liberal western society.

Barack Obama