Author Topic: Abolish the Post Office?  (Read 8612 times)

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
Re: Abolish the Post Office?
« Reply #50 on: March 04, 2010, 08:32:02 PM »
Interestingly enough, I have the most trouble here with my USPS people.  We've had 3 in the last two years, and at least once a week we get our neighbors mail.  They get some of our mail.  I guess the whole 13839 vs 13837 thing is really tough.
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

Gowen

• Metal smith
  • friend
    • Gemoriah.com
« Reply #51 on: March 05, 2010, 02:11:19 AM »
I'm fighting with UPS over 3 boxes they broke sent to a customer of mine.  They're all run by chimps, I tell ya.
"That's my hat, I'm the leader!" Napoleon the Bloodhound

Gemoriah.com

Bigjake

• friend
« Reply #52 on: March 05, 2010, 06:42:06 PM »
Late to this thread, but If there were a big handle to flush the USPS, I'd use it.  Twice, for good measure.

GigaBuist

• friends
    • http://www.justinbuist.org/blog/
« Reply #53 on: March 05, 2010, 10:02:53 PM »
Seems like appropriate place to share this.  One of the guys in my shooting club now has the top score in every pistol and carbine shooting matches at a local club.  Well, except for rimfire w/ optics because he doesn't have a gun to shoot with in that category.

He works for the USPS. :)

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #54 on: March 06, 2010, 01:36:37 PM »
USPS once lost a Priority Mail package being sent to me.  Their lousy tracking site said it had been delivered, but our lobby security video showed nothing like it in the hands of the postal carrier on that day.  We did receive a small box for the wrong address that day, however.  And it was for a non-existent address and non-existent person on our street.  (Our company is the only mailing address on our street.)
I filed a claim with the USPS, and their response was essentially, "Sucks to be you."  There went $120.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2010, 01:40:37 PM by RocketMan »
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.