Author Topic: Remington 1911 R1  (Read 11833 times)

sanglant

• friend
Re: Remington 1911 R1
« Reply #25 on: May 05, 2010, 09:17:45 PM »
like this?  =D

Mabs2

• friend
  • セクシー
    • iCarly
« Reply #26 on: May 05, 2010, 09:37:49 PM »
Quote from: jamisjockey
Sunday it felt a little better, but it was quite irritated from me rubbing it.
Quote from: Mike Irwin
If you watch any of the really early episodes of the Porter Waggoner show she was in (1967) it's very clear that he was well endowed.
Quote from: Ben
Just wanted to give a forum thumbs up to Dick.

sanglant

• friend
« Reply #27 on: May 05, 2010, 09:44:25 PM »
no but they are the design, if rem doesn't have the blue print's there's wont be either. ;) now is that it or not? [popcorn]

Mabs2

• friend
  • セクシー
    • iCarly
« Reply #28 on: May 05, 2010, 09:53:12 PM »
no but they are the design, if rem doesn't have the blue print's there's wont be either. ;) now is that it or not? [popcorn]
...huh?
If you watch any of the really early episodes of the Porter Waggoner show she was in (1967) it's very clear that he was well endowed.

sanglant

• friend
« Reply #29 on: May 05, 2010, 10:07:05 PM »
is that the gun you wanted, other than the price? if so remington knows what you want, and how to build it. :facepalm:

Mabs2

• friend
  • セクシー
    • iCarly
« Reply #30 on: May 05, 2010, 10:12:54 PM »
is that the gun you wanted, other than the price? if so remington knows what you want, and how to build it. :facepalm:
No, actually, I was just pointing out that the gun you posted was much more than $600.

sanglant

• friend
« Reply #31 on: May 05, 2010, 10:13:55 PM »
No, actually, I was just pointing out that the gun you posted was much more than $600.
ok, i guess. =)

Battle Monkey of Zardoz

• friends
  • A more Elegant Monkey for a more civilized Forum.
« Reply #32 on: May 05, 2010, 10:16:16 PM »
More like $1200.
“We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution.”

Abraham Lincoln

With the first link the chain is forged. The first speech censored, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably.

sanglant

• friend
« Reply #33 on: May 05, 2010, 10:26:01 PM »
am i not typing english? :facepalm: wouldn't be the first time i screwed the language up. =D

–adjective
of the same form, appearance, kind, character, amount, etc.: I cannot remember a like instance.

Mabs2

• friend
  • セクシー
    • iCarly
« Reply #34 on: May 05, 2010, 10:31:11 PM »
am i not typing english? :facepalm: wouldn't be the first time i screwed the language up. =D

This sentence didn't really resemble English, no.

sanglant

• friend
« Reply #35 on: May 05, 2010, 10:40:46 PM »
ok last try, it costs a lot of money to work out a working slide weight and spring rate. if this is the size and caliber that's been done now the gun can be built without having to start from scratch. the emp is a down sized 1911 in 9mm(and 40S@W if my memory doesn't completely suck tonight :lol:) it's like a short throw 1911. ;) now IF someone built a gun just like this one(preferably without the beaver tail [barf]) but it was $599 is that what you wanting? =D oh i have a space in blueprints that couldn't help [popcorn]

edit: link was to page 2 :facepalm:   and "like this" as in one like this, not as in here it is. =D
« Last Edit: May 05, 2010, 10:44:29 PM by sanglant »

Headless Thompson Gunner

• friend
« Reply #36 on: May 05, 2010, 10:43:37 PM »
Not being a 1911 geek, good thing or bad thing?
Series 80 implements an unnecessary firing pin block mechanism, a drop safety.  It complicates the trigger group a tad and makes trigger tuning a bit more difficult.

It's not necessarily a bad thing in the grand scheme of things.  A Series 80 1911 is still simpler and better than most non-1911 platforms.  But if I had a choice I'd take a Series 70 or older 1911 style, myownself.

seeker_two

• friend
  • In short, most intelligence is false.
« Reply #37 on: May 05, 2010, 10:45:14 PM »
like this?  =D

If you'll sell me one for $599, then we have a deal.....  =D
Impressed yet befogged, they grasped at his vivid leading phrases, seeing only their surface meaning, and missing the deeper current of his thought.

sanglant

• friend
« Reply #38 on: May 05, 2010, 10:54:32 PM »
wish i could, i'd like to have one. =D i have been hoping someone(i would like to see springfield do it) would make a basic model of a xmp for around 500(less metal than a full size 1911, and i can't see where there would be extra tooling. :angel:), but i know it'll never happen. :facepalm:

Fly320s

• friend
  • Formerly, Arthur, King of the Britons
« Reply #39 on: May 05, 2010, 11:56:28 PM »
I have a 9mm EMP. It is a fun little pistol, but it will never replace any of my normal-size 1911s. The reduced size is nice, but I prefer the fit of a full size to my hands.  And for a small increase in size I can have a .45 instead of a 9mm with about the same capacity and recoil.

As to the cost, we'll never see a $600 EMP; it has too many proprietary parts. Those itty-bitty parts require special tooling that just costs too much to be amortized over the few number of guns sold. If the EMP should suddenly become as popular as 1911s, then we will see the price come down. 
Islamic sex dolls.  Do they blow themselves up?

seeker_two

• friend
« Reply #40 on: May 06, 2010, 06:19:59 AM »

As to the cost, we'll never see a $600 EMP; it has too many proprietary parts. Those itty-bitty parts require special tooling that just costs too much to be amortized over the few number of guns sold. If the EMP should suddenly become as popular as 1911s, then we will see the price come down. 

And there's the rub....as long as the price stays above $1K, it won't ever be as popular as the 1911's and Glocks. But I'd settle for a compact Commander-sized pistol using full-sized parts, which shouldn't be too expensive. So explain why none of the current 1911 makers can't do that for less than $600?....  ???
Impressed yet befogged, they grasped at his vivid leading phrases, seeing only their surface meaning, and missing the deeper current of his thought.

SADShooter

• friend
« Reply #41 on: May 06, 2010, 09:03:27 AM »
A quality 9mm lightweight Commander is on my "break open the piggy bank" list. Para and Kimber are the only options I'm aware of, and they each have quality issues or characteristics I don't want.
"Ah, is there any wine so sweet and intoxicating as the tears of a hippie?"-Tamara, View From the Porch

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
« Reply #42 on: May 06, 2010, 09:04:36 AM »
I don't yet have a 1911 in my collection. Should the R1 turn out to be quality, maybe I'll make this a Christmas wish item.
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

Balog

• Unrepentant race traitor
  • friends
  • What if we tried more?
« Reply #43 on: May 06, 2010, 01:25:59 PM »
I've always heard good things about the Rock Islands for cheap 1911's meownself.
Quote from: French G.
I was always pleasant, friendly and within arm's reach of a gun.

Quote from: Standing Wolf
If government is the answer, it must have been a really, really, really stupid question.

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
« Reply #44 on: May 06, 2010, 02:17:59 PM »
Not being a 1911 geek, good thing or bad thing?

Others have covered the Colt implementation, but S&W did the drop-safety the right way by disengaging it with the grip safety, not the trigger.

If Remington (or Ruger or any other company coming into the 1911-clone business) wanted to make a big splash, they'd bring out a Lightweight Commander or Officer's Model in 9mm for $600 or less.....THAT would be a big splash....  :cool:

Springfield Armory had the Ultra Carry LtWt 1911.  Officer-ACP-sized (3.5"bbl), aluminum frame.  It could be had in 9mm and I bought one for my wife for $750 or so a few years back.  It carries like a dream.
Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #45 on: May 06, 2010, 03:27:33 PM »
I've always heard good things about the Rock Islands for cheap 1911's meownself.
I've got an RI compact version that shoots pretty good.  It isn't polished up or pretty, but it has functioned very well.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

RaspberrySurprise

• friend
  • Yub yub Commander
« Reply #46 on: May 06, 2010, 04:02:30 PM »

I like mine. Ate hollow points right out of the box and has worked quite nice for me so far. Only been able to afford to put a few hundred rounds through it though.
Look, tiny text!

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
« Reply #47 on: May 06, 2010, 04:49:10 PM »

I've got a RIA Tactical and so far it's a pretty serious boomstick.  Left it in Texas for the move, can't wait to hit the range and put a couple hundred more rounds through it...
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

seeker_two

• friend
« Reply #48 on: May 07, 2010, 09:34:05 AM »
http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/SearchResults.aspx

Explain to me why 9mm 1911's cost so much....  ???

I miss Star Firearm....  :'(