Author Topic: New computer on the desk at work...  (Read 3287 times)

red headed stranger

• friend
Re: New computer on the desk at work...
« Reply #25 on: April 27, 2007, 06:12:15 AM »

Yea, well.  New company uh, thing.  6S, don't ask me what it stands for.  I have to clean up and organize everything.  The wall behind me is lined with boxes, and my safe.  Not going to be allowed to keep anything under my desk.  And they're trying to explain that I can't build servers at my desk.  Another policy says I can't build servers in the server room.  Sigh

The dreaded Six Sigma?  I hate when mangers try to pretend thay have any idea what it is. 
Those who learn from history are doomed to watch others repeat it

Brian Williams

• friend
  • I want one of these
« Reply #26 on: April 27, 2007, 04:17:01 PM »
The dreaded 6S is Japanese quality assurance, seirei and others I have it at work also, I wish they would just say neatness, organization, etc., instead I have to have a little cheat sheet to know what they want.  I wish that upper management would just use the old Dupont or Ford QA
Brian
<><
:)

RevDisk

• friend
    • RevDisk.net
« Reply #27 on: April 28, 2007, 11:36:15 AM »
The dreaded 6S is Japanese quality assurance, seirei and others I have it at work also, I wish they would just say neatness, organization, etc., instead I have to have a little cheat sheet to know what they want.  I wish that upper management would just use the old Dupont or Ford QA

Yea, we have a check list too.  Thing is, I get the need for organization and neatness.  Unless I worked 12-14 per day, every day, it isn't going to happen without pulling time away from other projects.  I have a complete DR center to build in my spare time as is.  I like the idea as I understand it, but I only wish I had the time to actually do it. 

The dreaded Six Sigma?  I hate when mangers try to pretend thay have any idea what it is.

I admit to having zero clue what it actually is besides a quasi philosophy to increase production by order and neatness.  Which sounds fine in theory, but if you spend more time working on neatness than the 'savings' in productivity, it seems like a step backwards.  I guess I just need to read up on it more.

"Rev, your picture is in my King James Bible, where Paul talks about "inventors of evil."  Yes, I know you'll take that as a compliment."  - Fistful, possibly highest compliment I've ever received.