Author Topic: Ginsburg's health woes. Again.  (Read 2169 times)

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
Ginsburg's health woes. Again.
« on: May 06, 2020, 09:41:39 AM »
https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/11558920/ruth-bader-ginsburg-hospitalized-supreme-court-gallbladder/

RUTH Bader Ginsburg was hospitalized with a gallbladder infection on Tuesday, but the Supreme Court justice will continue to phone in for arguments.

Can you imagine if she resigned, and Trump and Cocaine Mitch replaced her just before Republicans lost the White House and the Senate?
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
Re: Ginsburg's health woes. Again.
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2020, 09:45:42 AM »
Can you imagine if she resigned, and Trump and Cocaine Mitch replaced her just before Republicans lost the White House and the Senate?

"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2020, 10:12:06 AM »

That would happen if Trump got another SC nomination no matter how it happened.  I just hope he nominates a solid individual rights constitutionalist. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Northwoods

• friend
  • Formerly sumpnz
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2020, 11:30:04 AM »
That would happen if Trump got another SC nomination no matter how it happened.  I just hope he nominates a solid individual rights constitutionalist. 

Yeah.  Let not get another squish like Kavanaugh.
Formerly sumpnz

French G.

• friend
  • ohhh sparkles!
« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2020, 12:49:01 PM »
I actually think a vacancy right now would drive the heck out of the blue no matter who vote. A theoretical vacancy in Trump's second term won't create that poll turnout urgency even though it is near 100% he will get at least one more appointment during bad hair part deux.
AKA Navy Joe   

I'm so contrarian that I didn't respond to the thread.

Northwoods

• friend
  • Formerly sumpnz
« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2020, 12:56:54 PM »
I'm definitely hoping RBG has very strong fingernails so she can hold on to the edge of the cliff until at least Thanksgiving.
Formerly sumpnz

gunsmith

• I forgot to get vaccinated!
  • friend
  • I'm sorry, Dave. I'm afraid I can't do that.
« Reply #6 on: May 10, 2020, 02:52:07 AM »
i am praying for a landslide reelection and then a long healthy retirement for RBG.
the schadenfreude will be delicious
Politicians and bureaucrats are considered productive if they swarm the populace like a plague of locust, devouring all substance in their path and leaving a swath of destruction like a firestorm. The technical term is "bipartisanship".
Rocket Man: "The need for booster shots for the immunized has always been based on the science.  Political science, not medical science."

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #7 on: May 10, 2020, 08:14:05 AM »
She's a tough old bird.

For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
« Reply #8 on: May 10, 2020, 08:44:52 AM »
https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/11558920/ruth-bader-ginsburg-hospitalized-supreme-court-gallbladder/

I don't think she will unless she's forced to.  She would rather die on the court than give up her spot to be filled by a Republican.
She's already proven she's willing to sacrifice her health over it.
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

Fly320s

• friend
  • Formerly, Arthur, King of the Britons
« Reply #9 on: May 10, 2020, 09:29:07 AM »
I don't think she will unless she's forced to.  She would rather die on the court than give up her spot to be filled by a Republican.

That's probably what is keeping her alive right now.  Sheer determination.  I bet if she retired, she'd be dead in six months.
Islamic sex dolls.  Do they blow themselves up?

Northwoods

• friend
  • Formerly sumpnz
« Reply #10 on: May 10, 2020, 09:30:15 AM »
Probably 6 weeks.  If not days.
Formerly sumpnz

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #11 on: May 10, 2020, 10:57:35 AM »
That's probably what is keeping her alive right now.  Sheer determination hate.  I bet if she retired, she'd be dead in six months.

FTFY
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #12 on: May 10, 2020, 11:03:36 AM »
It wouldn't me surprise me one bit to see them carrying her dead body out of the SC building one day. I believe she's determined to stay on the bench to her last breath.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2020, 11:30:26 AM by WLJ »
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

lee n. field

• friend
  • tinpot megalomaniac, Paulbot, hardware goon
« Reply #13 on: May 10, 2020, 01:14:14 PM »
It wouldn't me surprise me one bit to see them carrying her dead body out of the SC building one day. I believe she's determined to stay on the bench to her last breath.

One of the justices, was it Renquist?, I recall retired only days before his death.
In thy presence is fulness of joy.
At thy right hand pleasures for evermore.

lupinus

• Southern Mod Trimutive Emeritus
  • friends
« Reply #14 on: May 10, 2020, 01:15:01 PM »
I certainly hope it's nothing trivial
That is all. *expletive deleted*ck you all, eat *expletive deleted*it, and die in a fire. I have considered writing here a long parting section dedicated to each poster, but I have decided, at length, against it. *expletive deleted*ck you all and Hail Satan.

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
  • APS's Resident Sikh/Muslim
« Reply #15 on: May 10, 2020, 08:51:54 PM »

I can see that, might be different if her husband was still amongst the living. I think she'd be hanging on, even if Hillary was POTUS.
Iowa- 88% more livable that the rest of the US

Uranus is a gas giant.

Team 444: Member# 536

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #16 on: May 11, 2020, 05:21:55 AM »
I am a little concerned she'll do the political calculus and retire end of June when the 2020 session is over.  I don't think anyone (even her) thinks she'll make it through another Trump term, and that kind of late campaign energizing of the base is probably the most effective thing she can do on the "beat Trump" front.

She's probably savvy enough to figure that out as well.

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #17 on: May 11, 2020, 08:29:10 AM »
I am a little concerned she'll do the political calculus and retire end of June when the 2020 session is over.  I don't think anyone (even her) thinks she'll make it through another Trump term, and that kind of late campaign energizing of the base is probably the most effective thing she can do on the "beat Trump" front.

That cuts both ways though.

While I'm of the opinion that those that seek and have political power are generally sociopaths or psychopaths I can be motivated to vote for one of them if they show themselves to further my aims.

"Life" and and a return to nationalism are my aims.

Trump has done solid work regarding the courts as far as I can tell and would probably get my vote on that alone.

He also has the best enemies, nobody has a better selection of enemies. Trumps enemies are even better than the enemies of Ron Paul.  That's a tell.  

Trump has a great story to market and rally the troops concerning the courts.

His collection of enemies couldn't be more noxious. How hard is it to look like the good guy compared to Trumps collection of bad guys/gals?

For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
« Reply #18 on: May 11, 2020, 08:33:54 AM »
He also has the best enemies, nobody has a better selection of enemies. Trumps enemies are even better than the enemies of Ron Paul.  That's a tell.  

It's also because Ron Paul was never a threat, so most of Trump's enemies ignored him.

Recall how much they laughed at Trump early in the campaign and hoped he'd win. They didn't think he was a threat, either.

That's part of the absolute rage over his win. "He wasn't supposed to be a serious candidate! He's just a circus clown! How did he win!??"
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #19 on: May 11, 2020, 10:07:05 AM »
I am a little concerned she'll do the political calculus and retire end of June when the 2020 session is over.  I don't think anyone (even her) thinks she'll make it through another Trump term, and that kind of late campaign energizing of the base is probably the most effective thing she can do on the "beat Trump" front.

As mentioned, that goes both ways. That vacant seat was a big reason Trump won last time.

Silver Bullet

• friend
« Reply #20 on: May 11, 2020, 02:40:56 PM »
Trump has done solid work regarding the courts as far as I can tell and would probably get my vote on that alone.

That's my favorite part of this administration's accomplishments. 

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #21 on: May 11, 2020, 03:12:26 PM »

I was going to hypothesize her death, but I know how ugly that sort of thing gets on the stoopid-nets.